• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

bionic77

Going into the bye week I take consolation in the fact that the offense has improved greatly the last two weeks. Ben actually looks like Ben again now that he has Heath to throw to.
It was sad how our receivers had trouble getting open against the Vikings.

They have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Yes we gained like 400 yards on them, but there were times they were able to take away the receivers on the rare occasions when Ben had time leading to throw aways. And even worse they did not get open when he was scrambling.

Did Cajun avatar bet anyone this week already? Go for it Red, represent us!
Hey now, you can't just put me on the spot like that! I've never done an avatar bet...

I mentioned it in a post saying something to the effect of a Jags fan pretending to be a Pats fan. Was a post a couple years ago. Then he lost the avatar bet and I gave him the Jagatar. The rest is history. Probably shouldn't lay claim to it, cause it might earn me a retroactive ban. History is history I guess. Gata is my friend though, even with as much grief as I give him. I've got the receipts to prove it!
Haha yep, that's how I remembered it. It's not like you had any idea it would blow up like it did. I have nothing against Gata though and I know he's not really a Jags fan, just have to mess around some with fans of divisional teams (especially when they are despicable like the Pats).

Looking at the best QB ever thread. I am glad this thread is insular.

ipyt67bViBy3T.gif

Tom Penny

It was sad how our receivers had trouble getting open against the Vikings.

They have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Yes we gained like 400 yards on them, but there were times they were able to take away the receivers on the rare occasions when Ben had time leading to throw aways. And even worse they did not get open when he was scrambling.

If it's any consolation the Steelers are the best 0-4 team and the Pats might be the worst 4-0 team.

BigAT

Hey guys, has anyone considered that the name "Owen", when said aloud, sounds strikingly similar to the phrase "oh and"? That's pretty interesting, but it's a shame no one is capable on capitalizing on that coincidence for the purposes of humor.

rando14

Fantomex if you wanna prove that you're the face of Dolphins-Gaf you gotta do that avatar bet yourself man! Come on, it's time! :p

bionic77

If it's any consolation the Steelers are the best 0-4 team and the Pats might be the worst 4-0 team.
No it isn't. The Pats have played mostly badly and they have won all their games. The first I like the second is unacceptable.

And at this point all I care about is getting a Watt type monster in the draft. A game changer on defense and a new OC in the offseason.

Trey

Titans about to unleash that Fitzmagic. I can't wait until he has three good starts and engenders a QB controversy when Locker returns.

jakncoke

Banned
Chan is gone for a couple of months right? Why so long?

And how long is Yankee banned? And for what?

Yankee got 2 weeks for the snitch joke. Also you cant be serious on Chan, he's been tip towing a ban since he decided to make his account into a insult bot, it was a matter of time. Chan will be back in 3 months though

Yankee got 2 weeks for the snitch joke. Also you cant be serious on Chan, he's been tip towing a ban since he decided to make his account into a insult bot, it was a matter of time. Chan will be back in 3 months though

Chan really pushed it, but it was so absurd that it didn't bother me. 3 months is long though, that's like posting pictures of your shit bad.

Fantomex

If we have any chance of beating the Saints, our pass rush has to be at Giants Superbowl level of play. Or else we're gonna be toast early. I hope Wallace shows up.

Lunchbox

Banned
If the Dolphins win I will fist pump around the house while dancing in circles and yelling at a volume that is inappropriate for townhouse living at midnight.
I lead my fantasy money league by 45 points

but opposition has Brees and graham. feels dirty but I'm rooting for your shit franchise

if you lose or let brees tear you a new ass, I'll put a curse on your shit team even more than Marino did

squicken

Titans about to unleash that Fitzmagic. I can't wait until he has three good starts and engenders a QB controversy when Locker returns.

Writer for Football Outsiders who I think has a Titans blog as well

Tom Gower ‏@ThomasGower
Life on the margins: 9 fumbles in #Titans games this season, Titans recovered 8 of them. Awesome. Unsustainable.

Tom Gower ‏@ThomasGower
Post later this week. Short version: Ryan Fitzpatrick probably won't deserve most of the blame he'll end up getting.

If we have any chance of beating the Saints, our pass rush has to be at Giants Superbowl level of play. Or else we're gonna be toast early. I hope Wallace shows up.
Oddly enough one of the things I'm most worried about is the Saints running game. If they have any semblance of a running attack it'll just open up the passing attack that much more for Brees (and Graham, more specifically), and without Soliai I could see that being a big possibility. That performance in the Falcons game did not inspire much confidence in our run D.

Also, missed tackles. We have to cut down on those, especially Phillip Wheeler. The Saints are lethal at YAC and they will eat us alive if we miss a bunch of tackles like we did last week.

Top Bottom