• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Hunter S.

Records they could set!!!!! Biiiiiiiitttcchheesss!!!!

2013 DENVER BRONCOS PROJECTIONS
Player/Category Current Projected Note

Peyton Manning 117-156, 1,470 yds., 16 TDs, 0 INT, 138.0 rtg. 468-624, 5,880 yds., 64 TDs, 0 INT, 138.0 rtg. All but attempts would tie or set new NFL records

Demaryius Thomas 29 rec., 393 yds., 4 TDs 116 rec., 1,572 yds., 16 TDs Would be second-most yards for a Broncos receiver

Eric Decker 24 rec., 340 yds., 1 TD 96 rec., 1,360 yds., 4 TDs Would set career high for catches and yards

Wes Welker 26 rec., 266 yds., 6 TDs 104 rec., 1,064 yds., 24 TDs 24 TDs would set an NFL record

Julius Thomas 18 rec., 237 yds., 4 TD 72 rec., 948 yds., 16 TDs 16 TDs would rank second among TEs in NFL history

Matt Prater 6-6 FGs, 23-23 PAT, 41 pts. 24-24 FGs, 92-92 PAT, 164 pts. 23 PATs are already more than two 16-game kickers made last year

Total Offensive Yds. 1,932 7,728 7,474 is current NFL record ('11 Saints)

Team First Downs 113, 452, 444 is current NFL record ('12 Patriots)

Team Points 179, 716, 589 is current NFL record ('07 Patriots)

Total TDs 23, 92, 75 is current NFL record ('11 Patriots)

jmdajr

The Texans could cut Matt Schaub after June 1 and the salary cap charge would only be $3.5 million, according to Pro Football Talk. An additional $7 million cap hit would apply in 2015.

If Schaub is cut, the Texans would reportedly avoid paying him $10 million in 2014.

The Texans signed Schaub to a four-year extension worth $62 million last season, following a Week 1 victory against Miami. Nearly $30 million is guaranteed.

Yeah but then what....

Vyroxis

Banned
You know whats sad about the Vikings? Even with Ponder and Cassel we have one of the top scoring offenses in the league. But our D is so god fucking awful it doesnt matter.

Damn it the day is going by so slow :( doesn't help that I have nothing of importance to do at work either. The wait is so long :( I think I'll buy game rewind, maybe I'll spend the next 6 hours dissecting the previous dolphins games.

Had to "watch" the Steelers at a bar Sunday....thank god there was beer. 0-4, in my lifetime I've never seen that...even through the shitty late 80s. Congrats Tomlin and Co., you've accomplished something!

Dragon

Banned

Peyton Manning 117-156, 1,470 yds., 16 TDs, 0 INT, 138.0 rtg. 468-624, 5,880 yds., 64 TDs, 0 INT, 138.0 rtg. All but attempts would tie or set new NFL records

Demaryius Thomas 29 rec., 393 yds., 4 TDs 116 rec., 1,572 yds., 16 TDs Would be second-most yards for a Broncos receiver

Eric Decker 24 rec., 340 yds., 1 TD 96 rec., 1,360 yds., 4 TDs Would set career high for catches and yards

Wes Welker 26 rec., 266 yds., 6 TDs 104 rec., 1,064 yds., 24 TDs 24 TDs would set an NFL record

Julius Thomas 18 rec., 237 yds., 4 TD 72 rec., 948 yds., 16 TDs 16 TDs would rank second among TEs in NFL history

Matt Prater 6-6 FGs, 23-23 PAT, 41 pts. 24-24 FGs, 92-92 PAT, 164 pts. 23 PATs are already more than two 16-game kickers made last year

The anti-Godslay

Hunter S.

I'm all in too. Just want to see it happen when it truly counts. I would love to see all those records be broken, but ultimately I only want one thing.

Yeah, it is a long journey. I was not trying to prove a point. I just stumbled on it at the Broncos homepage. *fist bump*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How quickly you turn your back on the elderly. Kids these days have no respect!

I stood by Weeden with Gondo this whole time but there is a huge difference with Hoyer back there opposed to him.

It sucks for Weeden but now I change my belief in that Weeden would have been adequate enough to hold the fort until we drafted our QB, it is now Hoyer who will hold the fort until the next drafted QB is ready to go. If Hoyer continues doing well we may not need to rush the next guy out there and help develop him a bit.

LevelNth

Banned
Brian Hoyer will start Thursday against the Bills.

Weeden is cleared to practice but nobody cares.
Hoyer is not just playing better than Weeden, he's legitimately playing well in comparison to other QB's around the league.

Absolutely impossible and would be idiotic to bench him. Browns are the second best team in the division right now, and they technically just beat who would be number one.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Damn my boys are undefeated... Makes me happy but still scared of the broncos in the division ... Seriously nervous to play them because Peyton will dissect us and I don't know if we can score with them.

Jamaal Charles will need 40 carries for us to win.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yeah but then what....

yea. Draft a rookie and hope he plays like a veteran?

this is why I don't think the extension was a bad idea, who else were you going to get? And they certainly aren't overpaying for him based on how inflated qb contracts have gotten. Then throw in that you can get rid of his after this year with little negative effect on the cap.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, it is a long journey. I was not trying to prove a point. I just stumbled on it at the Broncos homepage. *fist bump*

I know. I enjoy your enthusiasm, maybe Yankee was right in that I am the Eeyore. Just still feel burned by that 6-0 start I guess. I should probably sack up, and enjoy the show.

There is a very good chance the Broncos will break a lot of those records
and then wilt in the playoffs

Outside of Peyton getting injured, there's nothing that will stop the Broncos. There's really no defense in the league right now that can stack up to them.

Nori Chan

I stood by Weeden with Gondo this whole time but there is a huge difference with Hoyer back there opposed to him.

It sucks for Weeden but now I change my belief in that Weeden would have been adequate enough to hold the fort until we drafted our QB, it is now Hoyer who will hold the fort until the next drafted QB is ready to go. If Hoyer continues doing well we may not need to rush the next guy out there and help develop him a bit.

Smh at this front running. Kave you're better than this

Outside of Peyton getting injured, there's nothing that will stop the Broncos. There's really no defense in the league right now that can stack up to them.

I dunno, I think the same type of team can't give them troubles that gave the 2007 Patriots troubles: a team that can pressure with the front four and stay in coverage with everyone else. Nobody was supposed to stop that offense, but come playoff time you could see the weaknesses that were eventually exploited by out-of-your mind NYG defensive front four.

Likely, if a team can get inside pressure, that would be the best way to disrupt Peyton the most. Chiefs could be an awesome game. SD could be interesting matchup too, if Rivers continues to play ridiculously well.

I want 7 for a specific reason.

Peyton in the house he built?

jakncoke

Banned

Peyton in the playoffs could stop the Broncos. Remember how all the fans said this was nex gen Peyton and everyone was dumb then Broncos got 1 and doned. Yeahhhh!

Ok. You do it.

What about week 6?

woah woah i didnt volunteer myself! also they might force one of pirates-age to do the postseason thread.

KingGondo

Banned

I'm over it, and I'm glad Hoyer is playing well.

Weeden had his chance (even though he was definitely hamstrung by not having Gordon), and it looks like he'll be moving on.

Hopefully we draft a stud at QB next year.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm over it, and I'm glad Hoyer is playing well.

Weeden had his chance (even though he was definitely hamstrung by not having Gordon), and it looks like he'll be moving on.

Hopefully we draft a stud at QB next year.

You're sticking with the Browns even though Weeden days are over there?

Fantomex

Oddly enough one of the things I'm most worried about is the Saints running game. If they have any semblance of a running attack it'll just open up the passing attack that much more for Brees (and Graham, more specifically), and without Soliai I could see that being a big possibility. That performance in the Falcons game did not inspire much confidence in our run D.

Also, missed tackles. We have to cut down on those, especially Phillip Wheeler. The Saints are lethal at YAC and they will eat us alive if we miss a bunch of tackles like we did last week.

I hear you phin brother, but I'd rather take my chances with the Saints running on us, instead of them getting pass happy over our corners. We can't win a shootout against them, gotta try to grind with them. If they run it on us, it will be a NFC type game. I just hope we don't give up a TD in the first drive.

Since it was mentioned earlier, I figured I'd throw this out there:

Point differential:

The Jaguars through 4 games have been outscored 129 to 31 with a point differential of -98

The Giants through 4 games have been outscored 146 to 61 with a point differential of -85

The Steelers through 4 games have been outscored 110 to 69 with a point differential of -41

Rushing:

The Jaguars through 4 games are averaging 49 yards per game on the ground with 85 attempts

The Giants through 4 games are averaging 57.8 yards per game on the ground with 70 attempts

The Steelers through 4 games are averaging 58 yards per game on the ground with 73 attempts

Defense:

The Giants defense is ranked dead last in the league with 36.5 points allowed per game

The Jaguars are ranked 30th allowing 32.2 points per game

The Steelers are ranked 24th allowing 27.5 points per game

Turnovers:

The Giants defense has forced 7 turnovers through 4 games. 4 interceptions and 3 fumbles recovered

The Jaguars defense has forced 4 turnovers through 4 games. 2 Interceptions and 2 fumbles recovered

The Steelers defense has forced 0 turnovers through 4 games. They forced two fumbles but recovered none.

------------------------------------

The Giants have a -9 turnover differential

The Jaguars have a -4 turnover differential

The Steelers have a -11 turnover differential. The worse in the league.

Point being that there's arguments to be made for those saying Jacksonville is going to run away with getting the number one pick folks. The Giants are nearly as awful.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
So happy with the news of Locker. I was freaking out yesterday. 4-6 weeks (with week 4 from now being our bye) isn't nearly as bad as "career ending" and "season ending" that the internet started raving about.

All fitz really has to do is manage the game and not do anything stupid. Sucks as Jake was just emerging and coming into his own.As long as he's ready for the playoffs.

Also . .

There was a certain year where a certain Titans quarterback went down for like 5 games, only to return and carry us all the way forward . .

football godz, plz

The Chiefs could give Denver issues, but could they score enough points to keep up?

McCoy seems to be doing a good job in SD, we'll see if it holds up. And Oakland...can we trade them to the NFC West for someone else?

Godslay

Banned
Peyton in the house he built?

That has a possibility to be mentioned :)

Peyton in the playoffs could stop the Broncos. Remember how all the fans said this was nex gen Peyton and everyone was dumb then Broncos got 1 and doned. Yeahhhh!

It wasn't all Peyton. It was a giant FMT stew. I stand behind him 100%. He's going to get the job done. Will the rest of the team help him? Remains to be seen.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
You know whats sad about the Vikings? Even with Ponder and Cassel we have one of the top scoring offenses in the league. But our D is so god fucking awful it doesnt matter.

Exactly we should be 3-1 right now. We lost back to back fucking games on last minute drives. Almost happened to us yesterday too.

Point being that there's arguments to be made for those saying Jacksonville is going to run away with getting the number one pick folks. The Giants are nearly as awful.
But who do you think is more likely to improve? A team with Tomlin/Coughlin coaching and 'Berger/Eli at QB or a team with Gus Bradley at HC and Blaine freaking Gabbart at QB?

Giants and Steelers have been awful but they have talent and remnants of success which will be enough to buy some wins. The Jags are pure garbage from top to bottom and their ceiling is basically no different.

I hear you phin brother, but I'd rather take my chances with the Saints running on us, instead of them getting pass happy over our corners. We can't win a shootout against them, gotta try to grind with them. If they run it on us, it will be a NFC type game. I just hope we don't give up a TD in the first drive.
I have a feeling we will hear Nolan Carroll's name a lot tonight. Again. :(

bionic77

They definitely won the September Superbowl.

But we will have to see how they do the rest of the year.

This is America dude. We don't just crown you champion based on the start of the regular season. You gotta earn that championship in the postseason!

Also I fucking hate the whatever is happening right now is the greatest thing of all time culture of ESPN and these other fraud media outlets. No one can deny the Broncos are great, but they are not as good on offense as the 1999 Rams. That offense was the most stacked and talented offense that I have ever seen. They literally had no weaknesses. And that was back in the era when defenders could still be physical with receivers.

But who do you think is more likely to improve? A team with Tomlin/Coughlin coaching and 'Berger/Eli at QB or a team with Gus Bradley at HC and Blaine freaking Gabbart at QB?
Oh sure. Judging by that metric though, we shouldn't be anywhere near as terrible or comparable to team who's ceiling has no hope of changing either is my point.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Haha, wow.

Jim Wyatt said:
Not sure if the Vince Young questions are serious, but the answer is no. It's not happening, not even as a back-up #Titans

I saw some 'friends' on facebook talking about signing Tebow also.

I mean . . people can't be that stupid, right?

also:
hunter-cp092913b.jpg

All he catches are touchdowns.

SEE YA BRITT!

Top Bottom