• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Meier

Glennon isn't good enough to be an NFL starter. This sucks balls.

We don't really need Clowney (in comparison to a QB) and I don't think there is a franchise QB in this draft... what a waste of a season. Sigh. I guess we could take Clowney, still suck ass in 2014-2015 then take Jameis at #1. :)

Unless he fumbles then back to the end of the bench. Did Felix get even 1 snap on offense after he fumbled? Also how does Bell pass block grade out, I hope he decent or at least better than Redman pathetic ass. Can we cut Redman already :(

Not in the Bears game, but He's since been promoted to Co-starter with Le'Veon Bell, moving Redman to last on the RB Depth chart after Dwyer.

Speaking of Dwyer, a gif and pic to explain why he's so frustrating:

detmfy.gif

dwyermiss2.jpg

Also with Glennon at QB, this is a clear play to get into the Clowney lottery! Jags doing the same with Gabbert at QB. Browns thought they were going to do the same by trading Trent and starting Hoyer but like everything post Jim Brown/Ottto Graham they fucked it up.

Unless he fumbles then back to the end of the bench. Did Felix get even 1 snap on offense after he fumbled? Also how does Bell pass block grade out, I hope he decent or at least better than Redman pathetic ass. Can we cut Redman already :(

Shit if jags wanted to do that then they would leave Henne in. We've already seen his ceiling. Jack shit for the last 2 weeks. We'll be in the running for #1 pick regardless of who is back there. Our guards and center let everyone through. It's like a game of QB dodgeball. I'd just rather watch Gabbert since he is better at ducking, diving, and dodging. Maybe he'll get a nice throw or scramble in every now and then.

jakncoke

Banned
Not in the Bears game, but He's since been promoted to Co-starter with Le'Veon Bell, moving Redman to last on the RB Depth chart after Dwyer.

Speaking of Dwyer, a gif and pic to explain why he's so frustrating:

detmfy.gif

dwyermiss2.jpg

Yeah if this were Madden and rb vision was graded he'd be one the worst the league if not ever. With a bit of luck we might have our teams leading rushing for the season pass 100. Felix Jones currently is the leader with 17-71! Which is 55th in the league. Holy shit Ponder has more rushing yards than Felix :(

Meier

I'll miss you Josh, you glorious fatman.

Glennon will not keep this job for long. I guess we may trade Freeman though which could result in him being a back-up somewhere else as well, but he's better than some of the other starting QBs in the NFL so it's possible he could move into the starting role elsewhere.

The thought of having Orlovsky as our back-up.. my god..

Konka

Banned
Glennon will not keep this job for long. I guess we may trade Freeman though which could result in him being a back-up somewhere else as well, but he's better than some of the other starting QBs in the NFL so it's possible he could move into the starting role elsewhere.

The thought of having Orlovsky as our back-up.. my god..

Here he comes.

I wonder where Fatman ends up next year.

Philly, Oakland, Chicago, Minnesota, Cleveland...

There is absolutely no chance that Freeman ends up an Eagle. He has very little mobility, and his accuracy is terrible. He is also a lazy piece of shit that shows up to meetings late and blows off team functions. No way would Chip or Howie want anything to do with him. Most likely he needs to go somewhere as a back up and worn on rebuilding his rep.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LevelNth

Banned
If you watch that play closely, the left tackle is already back far enough that once Dwyer gets the ball he has no choice but to run to his left--he doesn't have room to cut back.
Just another reason Ben is barely a Top 15 (if that) QB nowadays..he just sucks. Poor read on the DL and LBs there, zero reason for him not to switch that play to the right at the line.

Here is a great article WITH PICTURES on just how terrible and up in the air the Eagles D is:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...wn-the-Eagles-tricked-up-no-good-defense.html

DEs playing corner, corners playing OLB, NT completely confused and guessing, and a host of other mistakes.

Can't fault the personnel department too much since there is only so much they can change in one off season but boy do Chip, Roseman, and Gamble have their work cut out for season 2 of the Chip era.

Thanks Reid you asshole!

That was a great read. Funny that Boykin blitzes a quarter of his snaps. Curry is a monster, I hope he gets more then 12 snaps this week.

This just cements what was already known; that was a pretty shitty QB class. Stafford is the only starter left. My man crush on Whopper fingers is still strong too. Until he throws 13 picks against Chicago

bionic77

Just another reason Ben is barely a Top 15 (if that) QB nowadays..he just sucks. Poor read on the DL and LBs there, zero reason for him not to switch that play to the right at the line.
I don't think Ben is allowed to audible under Haley these days.

And while Ben has played like shit the offense almost looked high school caliber when he is calling the plays in the hurry up (this is a huge improvement over what it normally looks like).

Got I hate Haley. And Arians set such a low bar. :(

Also we can't all be the greatest qb of all time like Kaep (who has sucked a big one this year).

Ben audible to a run play? Ha. Haahha. Hahahhahaa. :(
I saw him do it once or twice. I swear!

Striker

There is absolutely no chance that Freeman ends up an Eagle. He has very little mobility, and his accuracy is terrible. He is also a lazy piece of shit that shows up to meetings late and blows off team functions. No way would Chip or Howie want anything to do with him. Most likely he needs to go somewhere as a back up and worn on rebuilding his rep.
I'd say his decision making is a bigger issue than his mobility. He's not Vick but he isn't Foles either.

Also:

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel 2m
Giants pre-practice injury report...some new names. Terrell Thomas (knee) and Jacquian Williams (knee).

I hope T2 turns out ok, he's played well. Jacquian Williams and Spencer Paysinger both on the injury report. Healthy LB's on the team are Herzlich, Bradford, and Rivers. Ugh, I hate Reese for what he's done with the LB's.

L.T. Goes after Boomer Esiason.

Boomer was at it again, as he was featured in a documentary series about LT’s career, and he reiterated his belief that Taylor was treated different from everyone else by Bill Parcells and the New York Giants. LT didn’t take kindly to what Esiason had to say, and blasted him during an appearance on WMEN 640AM with Sid Rosenberg.

Via Pro Football Talk:

“What the hell you got Boomer Esiason on something that — a piece you do of me? We can’t stand each other, he don’t know a f–k about me. What the hell’s he doing on it?” Taylor told Rosenberg.

“First of all, Boomer’s a dickhead,” Taylor added. “Hey, listen. I remember when he was there running the streets, screwing all kind of hoes. Don’t give me that holier than thou sh-t. I don’t wanna hear that sh-t. . . . He gets off on it. He’s still talking about me. I ain’t talking about him.”

Yeah, there isn’t anything there that is out of context. When Taylor talks, he says what means and means what he says.

Draxal

We need that Chip/Fatman Simpsons gif

Bowser

We need that Chip/Fatman Simpsons gif

Ask and ye shall receive!

Chip_Kelly_NFL.gif

Some interesting observations from PFF:

Cincinnati Bengals: When Andy Dalton is not under pressure, he completes 85.2% of his passes (fourth in the league). When he is under pressure, he only completes 47.4% (third-worst).

Jacksonville Jaguars: Of Blaine Gabbert’s 121 passing yards, 98 have come from yards after the catch. That is 81% of his yards which is the highest rate in the league. The league average is 46.3%.

Denver Broncos: Peyton Manning has had 13 of his 122 passes dropped which is the highest amount in the league. That is 10.7% of his passes which is also the highest rate. The league average is 6.1%

Carolina Panthers: Of Cam Newton’s 580 passing yards, only 164 have come after the catch. That is 28.3% of his passes which is the lowest rate in the league. The league average is 46.3%.

San Francisco 49ers: When Colin Kaepernick is not under pressure he has a QB Rating of 93.3, but when he is under pressure it is down to 6.6.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/24/32-observations-week-3-2/

lol Kap

Colasante

Oh dear, on the college football front, Florida DT Dominique Easley, who is awesome and who I wanted badly on the Patriots next season, tore his ACL. Sucks for him, but maybe he slides in the draft and the Patriots can get him. They desperately need help next to/a replacement for Wilfork in next year's draft.

effzee

I wonder where Fatman ends up next year.

Philly, Oakland, Chicago, Minnesota, Cleveland...

No way he ends up in Philly.

Regardless of how the season finishes with Vick, Eagles will have options in either going to 3rd year man Foles, or 2nd year man Barkley. Plus assuming they finish in the bottom 10 of the league, they will certainly have a shot at one of the projected top QBs should Chip want one of them.

I think his best bet is to let all the FAs and draft picks land and then try to latch on somewhere as a back up to rebuild his image and work on his game.

No way he ends up in Philly.

Regardless of how the season finishes with Vick, Eagles will have options in either going to 3rd year man Foles, or 2nd year man Barkley. Plus assuming they finish in the bottom 10 of the league, they will certainly have a shot at one of the projected top QBs should Chip want one of them.

I think his best bet is to let all the FAs and draft picks land and then try to latch on somewhere as a back up to rebuild his image and work on his game.

Manziel and Chip Kelly

The league aint ready

effzee

That was a great read. Funny that Boykin blitzes a quarter of his snaps. Curry is a monster, I hope he gets more then 12 snaps this week.

Yeah both Curry and Graham need to be in on every 3rd and obvious passing down. They might not be able to play OLB but as pure pass rushers they are better than pretty much everyone they have.

Its funny but I am almost treating this up coming Broncos game as a pre season game. Just want to see more improvement in key spots.

We get back to the real regular season the following week against the Giants. But knowing our luck, the Giants will be ready to turn their season around by then. And then after that Glennon will be leading the Bucs on a charge. 1-5 is a very real possibility.

Top Bottom