• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hoyer era continues! He will start this Sunday. Weeden still suffering a case of being old as fuck!

But in unfortunate but sexy news...Jabaal Sheard looks unlikely to play Sunday but because of that KeKe Mingo may be inserted as a starter.

Meier

Oh dear, on the college football front, Florida DT Dominique Easley, who is awesome and who I wanted badly on the Patriots next season, tore his ACL. Sucks for him, but maybe he slides in the draft and the Patriots can get him. They desperately need help next to/a replacement for Wilfork in next year's draft.

Ouch! That's too bad. He made some comments yesterday that made it sound VERY clearly like he took some benefits... I have a feeling he'll go pro regardless now. UF probably will want to distance themselves from him.

Edit: Turns out he's a Senior -- I thought he would have taken a RS due to his previous torn ACL.

If you watch that play closely, the left tackle is already back far enough that once Dwyer gets the ball he has no choice but to run to his left--he doesn't have room to cut back.

In this view, he has plenty of room, but he probably does get scared by that slight push. If he goes right or even left, he probably gets more yards. Instead, he runs into the pile, does a lame spin and goes down.

detmkm.gif

In any event, it doesn't much matter. The line stinks and the RBs they have playing right now are not good enough to be starters in this league.

Meier

I don't see the Browns trading a pick for Freeman. I think they would look at him if he was released.

I doubt we'll get much for him since he's in the last year of his deal. Probably some pick like a 6th rounder that is ultimately useless 98% of the time.

Bowser

Star has been a fucking monster on the d-line for the Panthers, so glad 13 dumbass teams passed on him:

14. Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers
Grade: +7.8
Snaps: 108
Analysis: At the moment our sixth ranked defensive tackle on the year with nearly his entire grade coming against the run. In that regard only Damon Harrison has graded better as Lotulelei already makes a name for himself.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/25/first-rounders-in-focus-week-3/

Wes

venison crêpe
Also with Glennon at QB, this is a clear play to get into the Clowney lottery! Jags doing the same with Gabbert at QB. Browns thought they were going to do the same by trading Trent and starting Hoyer but like everything post Jim Brown/Ottto Graham they fucked it up.

As long as we end up in the top 5 picks we should still be able to get the QB/Clowney that we want. Failing that we could get Manziel later with the Colts pick.

Hoyer has been announced as the starter on Sunday, Weeden still "out injured".

Bowser

...wiat, whajf?

Fatman's talents came from Taco Bell...once he gave up the Fourth Meal, it was all over for him.

josh-freeman.jpg

The Bucs forced him to become this anorexic QB with no powers! No wonder he's late, he's always sneaking that Fourth Meal late at night when Schiano isn't watching his every move.

jakncoke

Banned
As long as we end up in the top 5 picks we should still be able to get the QB/Clowney that we want. Failing that we could get Manziel later with the Colts pick.

Hoyer has been announced as the starter on Sunday, Weeden still "out injured".

Do you really want Manziel though?

DMczaf

Fatman's talents came from Taco Bell...once he gave up the Fourth Meal, it was all over for him.

josh-freeman.jpg

The Bucs forced him to become this anorexic QB with no powers! No wonder he's late, he's always sneaking that Fourth Meal late at night when Schiano isn't watching his every move.

It wasn't suppose to end like this...

Do you really want Manziel though?
Here's a nfl player comparison for you, Manziel is kinda like a young Big Ben he's able to by time and make unexpected plays out of nothing, great pocket awareness but he's more athletic then Ben.
Would I personally take Manziel? As of now, yes I believe I would.

jakncoke

Banned
Here's a nfl player comparison for you, Manziel is kinda like a young Big Ben he's able to by time and make unexpected plays out of nothing, great pocket awareness but he's more athletic then Ben.

He also got a wild side. Are you willing to put up with rape jokes!

eznark

Banned

I know that Derek Anderson was the best Browns quarterback in your lifetime, but you can do better. Don't settle.

For me I actually like Manziel quite a bit, it just comes down to if all character/maturity stuff can come together. But maybe it dosent matter cause we have guys like Fraudgers excelling at the position.

bionic77

Rothlesberger for Schaub, Tate and a 1st rounder.

Make it happen Rick!
Why would the Steelers do that? It would be a great move for Ben but horrible for us. Also why would we want Scoob? At least give us Yates!

Ben has his fun with talented teams and won some rings. Now he and Eli get to see the other side.

bionic77

It's easy to do that shit on a stacked team in college.

Different story in the pros. Usually something really bad happens when qbs adlib like Ben. Even for Ben when it doesn't work it looks horrible,

Manziel is destined to be another big name college bust,

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
GB should draft Johnny Football. They could use him immediately as their closer and let him not start for five years while they iron out his mechanics, like they did with Fraudgers.

If JFF could fix his mechanics, I think he'd have a great arm. Right now, he floats most of his balls because he throws off of his back foot all of the time.

Wes

venison crêpe
For me I actually like Manziel quite a bit, it just comes down to if all character/maturity stuff can come together. But maybe it dosent matter cause we have guys like Fraudgers excelling at the position.

My current list is:

Hundley
Bridgewater
Mariota
Boyd/Manziel

So now our fourth round rookie Okafor is out for the season, 3 OLBs lost in NO. What the hell is in your water, Cajun??? Going to have to get scrubs off the wire. Dan Williams attending his father's funeral on Friday so he won't be playing again. Next week with Dan Williams and D Wash coming back the D should look much better. Hope D Wash isn't too rusty from the lack of practice and participation.

JNC! at fatman getting benched. It finally happened! Well, guess we are officially winning this week.

Syrinx

Goodbye Taco Prince

@AdamSchefter: Bucs have made the move: Benching Josh Freeman for Mike Glennon, per league source.

I'm kinda sad. I really wanted it to work out with Josh. I really did. But it became obvious that that just wasn't going to happen.

Good luck Mr. Glennon. Hopefully you can be the guy.

These Eagles fans are making it hard to talk trash this week as they do all the Eagles thrashing for us.

Sorry. Before the season started I said they would be lucky to win 6 games with this defense. Even if the Eagles were playing great though it wouldnt matter. Denver is on a totally different level, there is a much less then 0% the Eagles can even keep it close against them. When the regular season is over Denver will be one of the greatest offenses of all time.

squicken

You have got the good QB eye BlackGhost.

Manziel is legit. Lots of people will look silly for doubting him.

ShaneB

Checking out The Dave Dameshek Football Program podcast. I like it! He's vibrant and a great host, and a total midwestern americana(I think?? what do I know) accent. edit: He reminds me of Jeff Green.

MechDX

After reading comments on twitter, forums, etc.... after the Texans lose to the Seahwaks because Schaubiak is a flaming pile of donkey dung this city is going to implode.

Top Bottom