• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

effzee

Giants injury...

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 2m

DT Cullen Jenkins inwalking boot on right foot, Would be A big loss. He said its his knee and Achilles. #nyg

Would be huge. Wish he was still on the Eagles.

BigAT

Giants injury...

Sorry Kave, but I need this more than you do right now.

98fX2NI.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So when is this booing injuries thing gonna stop? This isn't a patriots thing seriously it's been happening all over the league. When Vince went down last night everyone booed him... his season ended right there. Pretty classless thing, and believe me I get it, faking injuries is common, but booing them is ridiculous.

Striker

Giants injury...

He's been good. I think he's been getting as many snaps as Rogers and Patterson, that's kind of silly if you ask me. If he's out, plus JPP's injury in question, they could be fairly limited on the DL. I still don't get why Perry doesn't use DaMontre Moore on the line more. Tuck is practically useless and JPP isn't healthy.

And I see Giants restructured Snee, again, so if they cut him (and my Tebow they better cut him) it creates more dead money. He counts almost $12M next year against the cap. Enough is enough, remove the dead weight.

exarkun

Sad to see that the Texans are finally on all the national radio/television sports talk shows, but for the wrong reason.

I go back and forth on Schaub, and I think if you aren't blinded by hate, a Texans fan should too. The man will play very good football for stretches of time, put balls in small windows and generally doing what is needed for a win. But then his lack of mobility, and more than occasional lack of pocket presence, will result in a drive killing sack -- or interception-- that changes momentum and puts the defense in a bad place.

We rarely have seen anyone that whose highs are fairly high but their occasional low is so bad that its a game changer. Tbh, Im more with Jaws on first take and the hasselbald brother that was on Mike and Mike: Schaub can make the throws and take us to the superbowl. Its Kubiak and Dennison (our O-coordinator who isn't really a coordinator since Kubiak still calls the offense) who should be catching alllllot of the blame for their vanilla and very predictable offense. We should give credit to Sherman and the Hawks D for 1) predicting the play and 2) making a great play.

eznark

Banned
So when is this booing injuries thing gonna stop? This isn't a patriots thing seriously it's been happening all over the league. When Vince went down last night everyone booed him... his season ended right there. Pretty classless thing, and believe me I get it, faking injuries is common, but booing them is ridiculous.

That crowd was like 75% Patriots fans.

Revolver

Haha, wow.
I saw some 'friends' on facebook talking about signing Tebow also.

I mean . . people can't be that stupid, right?

I've heard some saying we should straight up trade Britt for Freeman. I've heard the Tebow talk too. There's just no way that's happening.

Watching Munch's presser and they still won't say how long they think Locker will be out. At least it doesn't look like a broken hip. Won't rule out a fracture yet though. Another MRI tomorrow. Munch won't commit to Rusty being the backup behind Fitz. Sounds like they'll be working out some FA's.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That crowd was like 75% Patriots fans.

Obviously pats fans weren't booing Vince or Nate when they went down. Again this isn't about my team or anybodys team. The pats booed the bucs, I think it was gerald mccoy when he went down, or maybe vjax. Either way it's a classes scummy thing, that I think started as "oh well he's faking it" and has turned more into, cmon hurry it up.

Obviously pats fans weren't booing Vince or Nate when they went down. Again this isn't about my team or anybodys team. The pats booed the bucs, I think it was gerald mccoy when he went down, or maybe vjax. Either way it's a classes scummy thing, that I think started as "oh well he's faking it" and has turned more into, cmon hurry it up.

NFL crowds are mostly made up of drunken scum, it is known.

Since it was mentioned earlier, I figured I'd throw this out there:

Point differential:

The Jaguars through 4 games have been outscored 129 to 31 with a point differential of -98

The Giants through 4 games have been outscored 146 to 61 with a point differential of -85

The Steelers through 4 games have been outscored 110 to 69 with a point differential of -41

Rushing:

The Jaguars through 4 games are averaging 49 yards per game on the ground with 85 attempts

The Giants through 4 games are averaging 57.8 yards per game on the ground with 70 attempts

The Steelers through 4 games are averaging 58 yards per game on the ground with 73 attempts

Defense:

The Giants defense is ranked dead last in the league with 36.5 points allowed per game

The Jaguars are ranked 30th allowing 32.2 points per game

The Steelers are ranked 24th allowing 27.5 points per game

Turnovers:

The Giants defense has forced 7 turnovers through 4 games. 4 interceptions and 3 fumbles recovered

The Jaguars defense has forced 4 turnovers through 4 games. 2 Interceptions and 2 fumbles recovered

The Steelers defense has forced 0 turnovers through 4 games. They forced two fumbles but recovered none.

------------------------------------

The Giants have a -9 turnover differential

The Jaguars have a -4 turnover differential

The Steelers have a -11 turnover differential. The worse in the league.

Point being that there's arguments to be made for those saying Jacksonville is going to run away with getting the number one pick folks. The Giants are nearly as awful.

.2 ypg better rushing! Suck it biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

eznark

Banned

Oh yeah, you're the goofy fuck who got his sphincter twitching over people rooting for injuries. You're an incredibly delicate flower.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh yeah, you're the goofy fuck who got his sphincter twitching over people rooting for injuries. You're an incredibly delicate flower.

Yeah because rooting for injuries is great! YAYY! Cullen Jenkins and Vince Wilfork out for the season!!!! Yayy jake Locker's career put on hold! Gimme a break.

NFL crowds are mostly made up of drunken scum, it is known.

I completely understand that, and I accept that it's part of the game, that being said, booing injuries wasn't a thing, at least not to the extent it is now.

Colasante

You're right, it is a bit ridiculous at this point, but what can be done about it? Stupid people are stupid. Fans were booing Nate Solder as if he was faking an injury to slow down his own team's hurry up offense, which makes no sense on any level.

eznark

Banned
Packers fans cheered Merriweather despite his attempts to cripple two Packers.

The Patriots fans in Atlanta were probably just booing Wilfork because he doesn't play the right way.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You're right, it is a bit ridiculous at this point, but what can be done about it? Stupid people are stupid. Fans were booing Nate Solder as if he was faking an injury to slow down his own team's hurry up offense, which makes no sense on any level.

Not saying anything in particular should be done, more just making conversation about the state of fans, and how far is this booing thing gonna go? I also wanted to bring up, how I think it's evolving into more than just people think it's faking injuries, but instead people actively rooitng against that person.

Greg

Yeah because rooting for injuries is great! YAYY! Cullen Jenkins and Vince Wilfork out for the season!!!! Yayy jake Locker's career put on hold! Gimme a break.
I don't know how many people genuinely root for injuries, but this is probably the 30th time you've brought the subject up, and you somehow seem surprised every time

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What a fantastic pickup DRC has been for Denver. Del Rio coached him up great as well.

He looks phenomenal. It's that 1 year contract, same thing is happening with Talib right now. Bout to get themselves paid.

edit-

I don't know how many people genuinely root for injuries, but this is probably the 30th time you've brought the subject up, and you somehow seem surprised every time

3rd time I've brought it up, 2nd time was to defend myself and explain my situation. I'm not surprised by the rooting for injuries... hell the 1st time was saying why when any other team gets hurt this whole forum gets butt hurt about rooting for injuries, but when pollard hurts a few pats, there's a whole fan club for the guy. Just talking about the hypocrisy, but w.e

That being said, I consider this a seperate subject. Booing injuries is a completely new phenomenon and just brushing things off like "welp is what it is" is part of a slippery slope. Hell somebody in this very thread was arguing that racism exists nothing you can do about it... pretty stupid argument.

Just for the record, I would not cheer if you kicked bionic in the face on your way to dunking over him, even if he is a dirty Steelers fan. I might laugh a little bit, though.

Greg

Just for the record, I would not cheer if you kicked bionic in the face on your way to dunking over him, even if he is a dirty Steelers fan. I might laugh a little bit, though.
nah, I couldn't hurt bionic when his team is playing like this

and besides, my feet would clear his head by at least a yard by the time I got to him

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have no breaks, but how about a tear?

http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ne-kc-tom-brady.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Literally not offended in the slightest. Came back in 2011 and had his best season as a patriot.

edit- so in all 3 of these arguments, you guys have lead the charge against me. In all seriousness can I ask what it was I did that pissed you off so much? Pretty sure I'm one of the more level headed unbiased fans in here.

eznark

Banned
point proven

I have no problem rooting for injuries because I am not some sort of ego-maniacal maniac who thinks the Turf Monster answers his prayers and smites players on my command. If you think your rooting for an injury is more likely to cause injury you're a fucking lunatic.

I don't cheer when they happen though. You need to have a line!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just trying to state for the record too, cheering for somebody to go down who is top tier, is cowardly, should want the best competitor on the field, but that's my thoughts on that. When peyton went down, people were psyched that it made the AFC a breeze, but no sports fan should hope for one of the greats to go down like that.

BigAT

Not condoning the behavior, but is this all you ever think about when it comes to football? I don't think I have ever seen you post about anything football related that wasn't just hammering this point into the ground.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I've heard some saying we should straight up trade Britt for Freeman. I've heard the Tebow talk too. There's just no way that's happening.

Watching Munch's presser and they still won't say how long they think Locker will be out. At least it doesn't look like a broken hip. Won't rule out a fracture yet though. Another MRI tomorrow. Munch won't commit to Rusty being the backup behind Fitz. Sounds like they'll be working out some FA's.

Yeah, I just read music city mircale's article on it , sounds like he was moving around the facility today which is a much better start than I ever thought.

I don't understand the Freeman thing or anything. Fitztragic/Magic is scary, but he at least knows the playbook. It'd be nice for a backup and insurance policy outside of Rusty Smith (TRUSTY!!!) but if we're at that point, the season would feel tanked anyways so I really don't want to think about it.

MechDX

Schaub is being fed to the wolves here! Heard a snippet of an interview with him this morning on 610. Host said "How would you respond if Kubiak came to you and said we are starting TJ this week?". Schaub responded: "Im not going to answer that because my focus is on preparing for the Forty Niners." dude sounded like he was about to cry. You could hear it in his damn voice.

Here is a fun stat I got from a Texans forum I visit:

In descending order, points scored against the Texans:

1. Baltimore – 23
2. Matt Schaub – 21
3. Titans – 17
4. Seahawks – 16

Got damn.

Literally not offended in the slightest. Came back in 2011 and had his best season as a patriot.

edit- so in all 3 of these arguments, you guys have lead the charge against me. In all seriousness can I ask what it was I did that pissed you off so much? Pretty sure I'm one of the more level headed unbiased fans in here.

Because as usual when somebody does something to hurt the poor widdle Patriots feelings you start crying.

In fact, I can't remember the last time you posted about something in here other than people being mean to the Pats.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not condoning the behavior, but is this all you ever think about when it comes to football? I don't think I have ever seen you post about anything football related that wasn't just hammering this point into the ground.

Then you haven't been paying attention. I've been posting in this thread pretty much since I joined.

I have no problem rooting for injuries because I am not some sort of ego-maniacal maniac who thinks the Turf Monster answers his prayers and smites players on my command. If you think your rooting for an injury is more likely to cause injury you're a fucking lunatic.

I don't cheer when they happen though. You need to have a line!

This is what I was referring to. Just because you don't cause it doesn't mean you should contribute, but that's just my stance. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Not sure why that gets you so heated, but if that's your thing then have at it.

Top Bottom