• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Great post and to the point. But as Deion Sanders and Mooch said on Gameday Final (or whatever) no matter what is called you just should not have thrown that ball.

FMT I would be worried about Kap. Watt was visibly pissed yesterday and I think he will take it out on him. Sorry.

He should take his anger out on shoob! Kap has never wronged jj! Talk to your boy!

eznark

Banned
Top 5 NFL QBs of all time
1. Aikman
2. Staubach
3. Romo
4. Danny White
5. Quincy Carter

3cb300ec8dd6c-91-1.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'm not wasting my time responding to facts from '87 to the present and a blog from 2009. Look at the past few years. Records of SB winners since '10:

Packers: 10-6
Giants: 9-7
Ravens: 10-6

The straw man you are creating is, "there is parity in the NFL." That was never my argument as it implies that every team is on the exact same level which is stupid. My argument is that parity in general is increasing. Just look at the impact a bunch of rookie QB's had on the league last season for more evidence.
I said, "you people" not you specifically.

And to be more succinct in my argument, parity doesn't exist in the NFL because, in todays game, only the top QBs ever make it to the superbowl. In your three examples there, one QB might be a HOF QB, another might be as well, and Flacco played way above his regular season in the playoffs last year.

Are you referring to this year or a previous year there.
i was not implying they both did it the same year, but it was back to back years.
I would love, however, to see them both happen this year.

I said, "you people" not you specifically.

And to be more succinct in my argument, parity doesn't exist in the NFL because, in todays game, only the top QBs ever make it to the superbowl. In your three examples there, one QB might be a HOF QB, another might be as well, and Flacco played way above his regular season in the playoffs last year.
I agree with you. I think there is a middle ground between our arguments that doesn't change either very much. I think parity is increasing overall but you still need a great QB (or at least an overachieving QB) to win it all.

No we beat the ravens in OT week 15,
God bless you, Greg Camarillo!

I made it home alive, bros. Thank Brady that the Skins were able to pull it out. Had pretty good seats but it was hard to tell how well Griffin was moving. He seemed a lot more efficient though so that is a plus. Also a plus is the fact that the NFC East is garbage. We could be playing for first place in 2 weeks, that's how bad it is. Oakland is not as bad as it is made out to be. You get a lot of shit but it's not like people are constantly trying to fight you, and tailgating was pretty fun. I sat in the same section as Roy Helu's family so it was cool to see the place erupt when he made the game clinching play. Nice.

Hunter S.

just finished reading it, worst thread ever and I want that time and brain cells back. I did :jnc good at some people putting Aikman up there....I miss Troy ;(

This is where that thread needs Squicken's cold hard facts articles. And, that huge article Godslay likes to post that explains what happened in all of Peyton's playoff games. People also treat it like it is an individual sport and that the QB is responsible for everything. Praise Tebow you guys are sensitive, caring, logical, reflective, and considerate degenerate thugs.

Tamanon

Banned
Second Best Blackmon is back, so it's possible. Could also possibly beat the Titans later on. Will have to see.

Going for history! The Jaguar Way!

bionic77

Great post and to the point. But as Deion Sanders and Mooch said on Gameday Final (or whatever) no matter what is called you just should not have thrown that ball.

FMT I would be worried about Kap. Watt was visibly pissed yesterday and I think he will take it out on him. Sorry.
I would be more worried that Kap is hanging out with losers like Flacco to make commercials for McDonalds.

The stink has been transferred and I fear he is going to be mediocre from now on.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1m
Kubiak says Schaub did not have the ability to audible out of the pick six play. #Texans

Oh my......still on schuab not to throw it but wow. Fuck you Gary! Take your ass back to Denver you fucking Aggie piece of crap!

In response to a question on the Sam Bradford thread, I noted that Gabbert's career adjusted net yards per attempt per PFR was 3.72 - half a yard worse than Ponder, a yard and a quarter worse than Bradford.

What I didn't realize at the time was just how unbelievably bad a 3.72 ANY/A really is. I'm going back to the turn of the millennium, paging one by one through a Who's Who of bad QBs, trying to find one who put up a worse career ANY/A and still got three (or more) seasons as a starter - and I literally can't.

Derek Anderson's career ANY/A was 4.81. That's positively Manning-esque compared to Gabbert.

Joey Harrington? 4.39.

David Carr? 4.34.

Josh McCown? 4.16.

OK, let's dig a little further towards the bottom of this barr ... My God, Jamarcus Russell's career ANY/A was 3.93! And Rick Mirer - whom PFR themselves labeled "the worst QB of all time" in an article a few years back - sits ahead of Gabbert at this point, with a career ANY/A of 3.80.

We're witnessing truly historical ineptitude here, folks. Sit back and savor it.
... why is he still starting?

Milchjon

Anyone have the mibbit link?

And how do I know if snes banned me? It didn't work the last few times, but I didn't do anything to snes :-(

Top Bottom