• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

squicken

I'm looking forward to the Hawks @ Poor Man's Cowboys game. They are built on a similar palette to the Hawks: strong running game, strong defense, etc.

However, Schaub is shit. If AJ doesn't play Sunday, the Texans have no chance in hell...

Schaub is crap, but the bigger difference is the Texans have 2 good defensive players and a bunch of guys. I'm not sure how great SEA would look if week after week they needed to throw 40 passes

Per Armando Salguero regarding Wake:
Reports of him being out two-to-three weeks or longer are greatly exaggerated.

Read more here

lol Omar Kelly is such a useless douche I don't get how he still has a job. I could do a better job.

How is Lane Johnson not worth it again?

Eagles O looks completely different from last year's. Night and day difference and the main difference has been the upgrade to RT with the addition of Lane. KC gave him trouble but they do have a pretty good D. Even then 1-2 of those sacks were because Vick held on too the ball too long.

Lane Johnson has been pretty great considering how well McCoy is playing, how much more protection Vick is getting, and that he is playing RT which is Vick's blindside.

Wait, what? Lane has been terrible in pass pro so far. He has been really good with run blocking though.

eznark

Banned
"The thing that is unique about him," a longtime NFL personnel evaluator said, "is he is not really football smart or instinctive for the position even though he is intelligent. He does things that make you just shake your head."

Nothing unique about that.

effzee

Wait, what? Lane has been terrible in pass pro so far. He has been really good with run blocking though.

He has made his mistakes but most of the time when he gives up pressure or a sack its also because Vick holds on to the ball for too long.

In 3 games he has shown more positive than negative. Even if his pass protection needs work, after 3 games I don't see how anyone claim he wasn't worth it at 3.

Much like all the other proclamations after only 3 weeks, I don't see how Chip is the new Rex Ryan or Lane Johnson wasn't worth the pick.

Hunter S.

I am going to have to stop you right there. KC didn't manhandle the Eagles or the Cowboys. Actually I don't know about the Cowboys since I didn't see the game outside of highlights, but I was at the Eagles game.

The Chiefs first 10 points came from a muffed punt and Vick throwing the dumbest pick 6 even in his illustrious career of dumb picks. For sure KC's D is legit and forced some of the other turnovers but the Eagles were also having snap problems. One of the turnovers was when the C snapped the ball into his own butt. The Eagles O still put up tons of yards and moved the ball.

Final score was 26-16 and that included a missed FG and a failed 2 point conversion when Chip lost his goddamn mind and went for 2 in the first quarter.

Lets stop again. Carolina's front 7 is top 5. KC's D is overall better but I'll take the Panthers Dline and LBs over KCs. I also think finally Gilbride and the offense are going to recognize they can't block at all and gameplan around it. Short passes, more screens, and trusting Wilson more to run.

There is a lot to quote here, but if I recall correctly Vick threw 2 interceptions and there were 3 fumbles. The Chiefs barely scored on those five turnovers. In other words, Vick lost them the game. That and Vick was sacked 5 or 6 times. There is no way you can say the Chiefs offense is good, and that they dominated the Eagles.

Edit: Zero Turnover by the Chiefs.

someone with a kindle fire/kindle tablet order me a copy of Madden 25 for $5 tonight

smart to do kindle only deals on amazon, i got a nexus so i'm taking the L :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Rich Eisen ‏ @richeisen

I must say, I love Marvin Lewis, who just told media re: Browns "Who wrote ‘em off? You guys. That’s why you guys don’t get to coach, man."

I feel like I need to invest in a new camera over the holidays so I don't miss any of the amazing riots that are going to happen in Denver this year. Seriously, we work the Raiders and downtown was basically a bunch of clowns on acid. Also, I whole bunch of furries...not sure why but they're there.

There is a lot to quote here, but if I recall correctly Vick threw 2 interceptions and there were 3 fumbles. The Chiefs barely scored on those five turnovers. In other words, Vick lost them the game. That and Vick was sacked 5 or 6 times. There is no way you can say the Chiefs offense is good, and that they dominated the Eagles.

The Chiefs offense was perfect on Thursday night, and really for the year so far. They have an amazing defense and they know if small hands just doesnt fuck it up they will win most games. They took no chances and never put small hands in a position to fuck things up. Eagles were never in the game thanks to that.

Zeke

My thing is this: Kansas City manhandled Dallas and Philadelphia. Two teams that are better than the Giants right now. Carolina proved that the Giants have no offensive line, and if Carolina managed to wreck them, than I think Kansas City is going to be much worse. On the defensive side of things, G-Men can't stop the run. They allowed Knowshon Moreno to run all over them, of all RBs! Jamaal Charles is much better than Moreno.

With the Cowboys it's the opposite. San Diego is electric on offense again. They can keep up with Dallas. Only reason I don't trust San Diego is they've choked away two close games already. Definitely won't be a defensive game.
I'm sorry what? KC did not man handle Dallas if they did they would have won by more than one point. We must have been watching totally different games Dallas choked that game away.

Hunter S.

The Chiefs offense was perfect on Thursday night, and really for the year so far. They have an amazing defense and they know if small hands just doesnt fuck it up they will win most games. They took no chances and never put small hands in a position to fuck things up. Eagles were never in the game thanks to that.

We already had this conversation and disagreed. The Chiefs offense was not impressive that night. Off of turnovers 4 field goals and only two touchdowns that night. Each turnover lead to decent field position and the Chiefs still failed to score points a lot of times.

Fox318

Your penis is sooooooooooooo HUGE!
rRS6tA9.jpg

Are we comparing penises again?

If Goodell the phony is serious about player safety he needs to do the right thing and give Harbaugh a 4 game suspension for playing Aldon Smith last Sunday. Send a message Roger.

jWILL253

Banned
I think Greg Schiano is the biggest asshole coach ever.

First, there was that thing with the victory formation, and now he seems to have a personal vendetta against Josh Freeman. Personally, I don't think Freeman is that bad, and he can be successful if his rookie year and his third year are any indication.

But, Schiano is definitely the Mike Leach of the NFL...

effzee

Umm I never said the Chiefs offense was great. I said they got 10 points directly off of turnovers and did not manhandle the Eagles.

Eagles might have still lost the game but I'd like to believe it would be a lot closer if we didn't spot them 10 points within minutes of the first quarter and then continued making dumbass mistakes like snapping the ball all over the place and Vick throwing into double coverage.

The only thing they were good at was not making mistakes to fuck up the game.

My whole argument was that the Giants have a very good chance of winning because the Chiefs did not manhandle the Eagles, Giants coaching is too good to be this bad, and they have too many weapons on offense to let the OLINE completely do them in.

squicken

First, there was that thing with the victory formation, and now he seems to have a personal vendetta against Josh Freeman. Personally, I don't think Freeman is that bad, and he can be successful if his rookie year and his third year are any indication.

Freeman's biggest issue issue is the off the field stuff. Even if a team thinks they can fix his mechanics and help him get better reading defense, if he has a work ehtic issue, then no one will touch him. It's why I don't understand the Schiano hate. No coach will accept a QB who is late too meetings. No team will trade for that QB either

@ByJimCorbett: RG3: "I'm not a great slider.. I don't know how to baseball slide."

So bizarre. Even if he and Vick never played baseball, you'd think athletes that good could just see someone do it and approximate it

Giants aren't letting Alex "Tiny Hands" Smith get the best of them with that WR core. You don't beat the Giants with short passes, you gash them deep and Smith isn't willing to do that AT ALL this year. Last time I checked, Sean McGrath is not Vernon Davis, and as much as the Giants CBs have been maligned they can guard a Donnie Avery crossing pattern. The gameplan on D is to make Alex Smith have to (or not) make tough throws in traffic, and limit Jamaal Charles to under 150 yards lol.

On O it's simple: scale down the playbook and call plays that put their playmakers in space. Chiefs actually will help in that regard: they seem confident in going 1-on-1 with the opposing WRs with one safety back. Giants should use their 3 WR look they showed off in Dallas: Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz on one side, Reuben Randle on the other alone. The one safety now has a tough call: drift towards Nicks/Cruz, or help on Randle? If Eli can get 3.5 seconds, he can do work.

rRS6tA9.jpg

Are we comparing penises again?

PMs incoming. Everyone knows I've been rooting for the Phins longer than any of the Hawks lifelongs have been around

Agreed. Schiano sucks dick. That victory formation is the same shit as Chip's Greek yogurt, hollow meaningless bullshit

Mindlog

Freeman's biggest issue issue is the off the field stuff. Even if a team thinks they can fix his mechanics and help him get better reading defense, if he has a work ehtic issue, then no one will touch him. It's why I don't understand the Schiano hate. No coach will accept a QB who is late too meetings. No team will trade for that QB either
Pretty much. However, there has been a lot of questionable playcalling out of the Bucs. I'm excited to see what Glennnon can do and will give them a fair shot. At the very least we'll know if we have something or if we can burn everything to the ground.

They did manage to get the flags under control last week.
Improvement.

Narag

NFL has a perception issue regarding treating their players like disposable cattle. Playing a guy who is in such bad shape that you check him into rehab immediately after the game is not a good look. Do it Roger.

I can't help but think rehab would have been delayed until the league ordained it had they won.

Hunter S.

Umm I never said the Chiefs offense was great. I said they got 10 points directly off of turnovers and did not manhandle the Eagles.

Eagles might have still lost the game but I'd like to believe it would be a lot closer if we didn't spot them 10 points within minutes of the first quarter and then continued making dumbass mistakes like snapping the ball all over the place and Vick throwing into double coverage.

The only thing they were good at was not making mistakes to fuck up the game.

My whole argument was that the Giants have a very good chance of winning because the Chiefs did not manhandle the Eagles, Giants coaching is too good to be this bad, and they have too many weapons on offense to let the OLINE completely do them in.

I never disagreed I just was pointing out that the defense of the chiefs won the game while their offense was barely average considering what they were gifted. In fact, I was agreeing that the Chiefs did not totally own the Eagles.

Then we can finally beat those fucking Texans!
Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there, big boy. Let's not get crazy. Let's focus on more attainable goals first like winning the Super Bowl, then we'll worry about that pesky Texans issue.

So Misi and Wake might be back this week (with wake only coming on 3rd down pass situations) and Soliai and Patterson still out. With Nolan Carroll (he has to have something on someone) still on this team somehow we really could have used Patterson.
I bet Philbin wishes Richard Marshall was still on the roster.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So bizarre. Even if he and Vick never played baseball, you'd think athletes that good could just see someone do it and approximate it
Clearly it's the reason why Russell Wilson spent that time in professional baseball. That and his jumping throw motion.

Vesmir

Banned
Too bad about the Freeman/Jax trade not going through. Would have meant the Jags being #1 at something.

obesity

The Broncos have been so good that it's scary to think what will happen to opposing teams when Von Miller gets back in the lineup.

Can't wait!

Top Bottom