• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Godslay

Banned
The Broncos have been so good that it's scary to think what will happen to opposing teams when Von Miller gets back in the lineup.

Can't wait!

Yeah, not gonna happen. We are starting a band covering John Denver remixed with dub and reggae sprinkled in. Von and Slay present Rocky Mountain High.

bionic77

Life must be rough for Lunchbox, his daddy won't pay for Sunday Ticket.
Life is tough for lunchbox because he lives in a shithole. Michigan is one of the worst states in the US.

It isn't Florida bad :)lol what is?) but it isn't anywhere that anyone with a choice or money would ever chose to settle down. Let the kid enjoy his iPhone.

The Broncos have been so good that it's scary to think what will happen to opposing teams when Von Miller gets back in the lineup.

Can't wait!

We'll definitely get more pressure on QBs, but our defense sans Miller is still the number one rushing defense in the league right now. If we maintain that after the Eagles -- who are the number one rushing team in the NFL currently -- than we are in good shape. It's the secondary that remains an issue.

Godslay

Banned
We'll definitely get more pressure on QBs, but our defense sans Miller is still the number one rushing defense in the league right now. If we maintain that after the Eagles -- who are the number one rushing team in the NFL currently -- than we are in good shape. It's the secondary that remains an issue.

Garbage time passing yards, mixed in with zone to contain Pryor. Secondary is fine when everyone is healthy. Champ, Harris Jr., DRC, Nacho, and Moore is a damn good secondary.

ChanHuk

Banned
Life is tough for lunchbox because he lives in a shithole. Michigan is one of the worst states in the US.

It isn't Florida bad :)lol what is?) but it isn't anywhere that anyone with a choice or money would ever chose to settle down. Let the kid enjoy his iPhone.

Michigan is still better than Ohio old man.

Not as bad as the Saints will beat the Dolphins.
But the Pats will still lose, right?

okwiththis.png

Wait. Lunchbox lives in Michigan? And we're supposed to be impressed with his "riches"? You make 60K a year, you're in the top 1% there.

Still.....love his schtick.

Garbage time passing yards, mixed in with zone to contain Pryor. Secondary is fine when everyone is healthy. Champ, Harris Jr., DRC, Nacho, and Moore is a damn good secondary.

Even before the game was wide open Pryor got a couple of throws going. Problem for the Raiders were drops and penalties (which is fine by me). At the same time I do recognize the Broncos were also being a little over aggressive trying to stop the read-option and got burned a couple of times.

He has made his mistakes but most of the time when he gives up pressure or a sack its also because Vick holds on to the ball for too long.

In 3 games he has shown more positive than negative. Even if his pass protection needs work, after 3 games I don't see how anyone claim he wasn't worth it at 3.

Much like all the other proclamations after only 3 weeks, I don't see how Chip is the new Rex Ryan or Lane Johnson wasn't worth the pick.

Yankee covered what I was going to say and I am basing my analysis off of pre-draft plus the fact that he hasn't wavered my opinion thus far. It's def too early to suggest he's a bust purely off of his NFL play in just 3 games obviously, that would be ridiculous. I'm saying I didn't grade him that high based on the research pre-draft and I didn't want him on my team. It's also never a good sign when a guy just sky rockets up the draft board just before the draft based off of generated hype and or combine performances in some cases. Give me the guy that's been talked about through out the season and continues to produce week in week out. If the guy turns up the heat and plays strong against top defenses the last half of the season that's cool too but no one was saying shit about Johnson until we were around off season territory.

effzee

Don't know too much about RG3 but Vick's problem is when he takes off running he stops thinking like a QB and imagines himself as a RB. When he is going full out instinct takes over and the instinct is never to just slide.

That's why in the Chargers game what I saw was Vick deliberately run slower when he had space which was better because it allowed him to go out of bounds before a defender hit him.

Watching NFL Live...again I swear these analysts are morons. Trey Wingo "Eagles not getting the rapid fire plays they got in the first game..." NO SHIT that was only because the Skins kept turning it over. Doesn't matter how good the O is, if the D can't get off the field you can't run a lot of plays. How about we focus more on if the offense is actually good or not regardless of the # of plays run?

Ex-Charger Paul Oliver commits suicide at 29

Former San Diego Chargers defensive back Paul Oliver died Tuesday night of a self inflicted gunshot at a residence in Marietta, Ga., Mike Bowman, public information officer for the Cobb County Police Department, said Wednesday.

Bowman said the weapon was a handgun, but he did not know the location of the wound. Death occurred at approximately 6:45 p.m., he said.

Oliver, who played from the Chargers from 2007-2011, was 29.

"Everyone in the Chargers family is sad today after hearing the news about Paul," the team said in a statement. "He was part of our family for five years. At just 29 years old, he had a lifetime in front of him."

The Chargers selected Oliver in the fourth round of the 2007 supplemental draft, and he played in 57 games, with 12 starts. He became a free agent in 2012.

RIP

Godslay

Banned
Even before the game was wide open Pryor got a couple of throws going. Problem for the Raiders were drops and penalties (which is fine by me). At the same time I do recognize the Broncos were also being a little over aggressive trying to stop the read-option and got burned a couple of times.

Yeah, Pryor had a decent game passing. I think what Del Rio was trying to do though was to shut down the run in all capacities. Eliminate the option/scrambling opportunities, which then makes McFadden more predictable and easier to contain, but sacrifice some yards passing via zone. What this does in turn is make the Raiders more conventional, as well as one-dimensional (run isn't working, focus shifts to passing). Seems to work for the most part as the run was destroyed, and besides a botched play, and garbage time stuff, the Raiders were pretty much shut down.

effzee

Yankee covered what I was going to say and I am basing my analysis off of pre-draft plus the fact that he hasn't wavered my opinion thus far. It's def too early to suggest he's a bust purely off of his NFL play in just 3 games obviously, that would be ridiculous. I'm saying I didn't grade him that high based on the research pre-draft and I didn't want him on my team. It's also never a good sign when a guy just sky rockets up the draft board just before the draft based off of generated hype and or combine performances in some cases. Give me the guy that's been talked about through out the season and continues to produce week in week out. If the guy turns up the heat and plays strong against top defenses the last half of the season that's cool too but no one was saying shit about Johnson until we were around off season territory.

Fair enough and I'd agree if the Eagles had the #1 pick and passed on Luke.

They didn't and they picked the guy that was the best on their board at their pick. I think if Dion Jordan was available, that would have been the pick. Lane has been a huge upgrade to our OLINE which was probably the worst in the league last year. To go from a position of weakness to strength (granted its also cause injured guys came back) is a big plus.

It also allowed Todd Herremans to move back to G, his natural position. He was playing RT for us last year and then he got hurt too.

Lane also helps in that he is the most athletic of the tackles who went in the first round. With the hurry up offense and how much the line pulls in Chip's offense, Lane's athletic ability comes into play.

KaYotiX

Banned
:jnc at all the crying over the announcement. They announced that they're making a console and that they're giving people an opportunity to beta test them. What were you expecting, HL3?

gamers are such entitled pricks on GaF.

HL3 I hope never see the light of day lol

They didn't and they picked the guy that was the best on their board at their pick. I think if Dion Jordan was available, that would have been the pick. Lane has been a huge upgrade to our OLINE which was probably the worst in the league last year. To go from a position of weakness to strength (granted its also cause injured guys came back) is a big plus.

It also allowed Todd Herremans to move back to G, his natural position. He was playing RT for us last year and then he got hurt too.

Lane also helps in that he is the most athletic of the tackles who went in the first round. With the hurry up offense and how much the line pulls in Chip's offense, Lane's athletic ability comes into play.

Man I wish the Fins hadnt taken him. It is also disingenuous to say that the Eagles had one of the worst OLs last year and now it is better this year thanks to Lane. 4 starters missed huge amounts of time last year and all are back this year. Todd has actually struggled big time at G this year, not sure if he would have fared better at RT or not though.

I wasn't happy with the way the defense played but the game was out of reach by halftime, with the Raiders' only points coming off a big play where the receiver was essentially aided by a downfield block by a Bronco. The secondary is the strongest part of this defense but they aren't getting much out of the pass rush.

All of that changes when Von comes back.

Hunter S.

Yeah, not gonna happen. We are starting a band covering John Denver remixed with dub and reggae sprinkled in. Von and Slay present Rocky Mountain High.
:jnc

This could be good! The perfect mellow man music!

Reminds me I was not loving that new JACK Johnson album. This could be better!

Sure that's a fair assessment and we took Cooper over Warmack partially because he fits what we're doing better being a more mobile athletic specimen for our zone blocking scheme. There certainly is a chance Lane can continue to improve and become a really solid tackle in time and as I have no negative feelings towards the Eagles and like you Eagle-Gaffers, I'll pull for him working out. I personally would rather have Matthews or Lewan if they look good again this year but we have a season to play before that's determined.

squicken

gamers are such entitled pricks on GaF.

HL3 I hope never see the light of day lol

I don't think you tout a week of announcements and then have the thing that everyone is waiting on, hardware, be so vague. Everyone is waiting on Steambox and this seems like Valve trying to muddy the waters on holiday purchasing decisions

I'm less enthused about this than everyone else. I've enjoyed getting good deals off Uplay and Origin. I can't see ever having a gaming system devoted to that OS. I do like the idea of PC games gaining even more emphasis on using gamepads. The next gen consoles are so under-powered that it would be pretty interesting if all the top 3rd party games were showing up Day 1 with superior PC ports

Once Jordan was off the board the Eagles should have traded down and gotten Kenny Vaccaro. They would have such a better team if they had a safety that could play pro football on the roster.

cajunator

Banned
Once Jordan was off the board the Eagles should have traded down and gotten Kenny Vaccaro. They would have such a better team if they had a safety that could play pro football on the roster.

Kenny looks like the real deal. Im pleasantly surprised. But I was high on his prospects after we drafted him. It was more hope than anything lol.
My little cousin was super excited about him getting drafted and it turns out he was right, at least so far.

effzee

This really is impossible to make happen. You need a team that wants to move up. Which team would that be? And then you have to hope that guy is available when you pick.

Sure theoretically its perfect. In my scenario I'd want Star but again how do you make it happen? Plus I'd like to believe Eagles were working the phones and the offers they received were either not good enough or they didn't get any.

And of course the line is better simply by being healthier, but if they didn't get Lane who starts at G? Danny Watkins was a huge bust and was cut. Todd might be slipping at G, but he was worse at RT. That's not his position. Lane is protecting Vick's blindside, Vick is playing much better because he is protected, and McCoy is running wild. Not sure if that happens if Todd is playing RT and we go with Watkins at G or another rookie.

I feel safety could have been addressed better in FA. Gholston, Pollard, or even a guy like Kerry Rhodes could have been a huge improvement. Chung is better than Coleman but that's not saying much. Don't know why we went with him over the other guys available.

Again only so much you can change in 1 year when literally every position on D needed an upgrade.

Thought this was kinda interesting - Pryor is testing for level 2 today, so has a shot to play on Sunday if no hiccups, though with very limited practice time and reps, so thinking HoFlynn will still start.

Jene Bramel ‏@JeneBramel

Return to play protocol occurs over five days. Each stage requires 24 hours without symptoms before graduating to next step.

Stage 1: Brain rest. No exercise or cognitive activity for 24 hours after injury. Cannot progress to Stage 2 until symptoms resolve.

Stage 2: Light exercise. Walking, stationary bike. Get the heart rate up a bit and then 24 hours of rest. If no symptoms, go to Stage 3.

Stage 3: Sport-specific, more strenuous exercise. Running, agility drills. No pads. No contact. If no symptoms after 24 hours, to Stage 4.

Stage 4: Non-contact football drills. Passing trees, more strenuous agility work, "limited" practice. If no symptoms, to Stage 5.

Stage 5: Full contact practice, only after independent exam. That's just exercise. Teams repeat IMPACT, other tests in Stage 3/4 range.

Contrast that with what we did on sidelines 5-10 yrs ago, when if symptoms cleared in 15-30 minutes we returned some athletes to play.

WedgeX

Banned
Thought this was kinda interesting - Pryor is testing for level 2 today, so has a shot to play on Sunday if no hiccups, though with very limited practice time and reps, so thinking HoFlynn will still start.

Crazy how little is known, or done, after concussions occur in sports. Shit, when I had a (non-sports) concussion in college I wasn't thinking correctly for three months after the fact.

Top Bottom