• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

cajunator

Banned
Wii U is not for you poors. It's for folks who can afford to drop a couple hundred, hear that the system is dead and be like "meh". And not vent on a message board on how butthurt or mad they are.

Basically that. It was only 400 bucks and it looked fun. Its already entertaining enough to be worth it.
I have a gaming pc now so I can play whatever whizbang game comes out. But Id rather play Shatter or Yosumin.

cajunator

Banned
So how good is the Saints defense, really? The numbers look impressive so far but after giving up over 300 yards and 2 TD's to Matt Ryan in Week 1 they played the Bucs and Cardinals who aren't exactly offensive powerhouses. I'm not questioning their improvement, but I've seen a lot of hype surrounding the D lately and I'm wondering if it's entirely founded.

They have developed a decent passrush and are holding teams to below 17 points as well as forcing turnovers. None of the above applied last year and the defense is still getting healthier and more effective. Its not world beating but its getting the job done. It complements the offense well.

Dragon

Banned
Wii U is not for you poors. It's for folks who can afford to drop a couple hundred, hear that the system is dead and be like "meh". And not vent on a message board on how butthurt or mad they are.

Funny, I feel like Nintendo is like "meh" towards the console themselves. They have the worst third party support and they themselves haven't released many good games for it either. Combine that with a shitacular launch OS and there's really no wonder why it got the reputation it did.

effzee

The Wii U is the first Nintendo console I haven't bought or had bought for me (when I was a kid) since 1985. It took 2 generations to do it (starting with Wii), but they lost a consumer finally. After the millionth Mario title, I am just sick of them.

So after being a fan for so long you got sick of Mario games? What were you playing all that time? Non Mario Nintendo games? The ones they still make? Like Zelda, DK, and their other famous franchises?

Mario games are consistently the top platformer games if not the best games overall. You can arguably make a case that both Galaxy games were the best games of the past generation.

Since Mario 64, we have had what 3-4 mainline 3D Mario games?

I do get why with the WiiU people are finally turned off. If the first party games Nintendo has released aren't your cup of tea there are almost zero 3rd party alternatives to play. But if you enjoy Nintendo first party games, it is an absolute must to have. Pikmin 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. W101 up next and then the next Mario and DK.

Holding off on PS4 and or XB1 until next year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't get all the complaints about the Wii U. I really enjoy the 10 games I have for it, and the upcoming games look fantastic.

Bowser

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 13h
I would keep a particular eye on the Vikings QB play next few weeks vis a vie Josh Freeman.

They don't have the cap space to absorb Freeman's contract in a trade without sending out other pieces. I could see them pouncing on him if the Bucs just decide to cut him tho.

Wii u is prefect for poors. Cheap next Gen console and only have to buy like 1 game a year.

JCizzle

I doubt the Saints are some shutdown D but they are better than last year...not saying much. I'm more confused on why the 49ers D has been garbage for a while now.

Whitner, Carlos, and Nnamdi (not that he surprises anyone) are straight up garbage. They can't get off the field on third down. Add in a weaker run defense due to not having a real NT... A lot of big sexy names, but missing a few critical components.

What is it about the women on NFL TV that is so annoying? I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be that they always seem like they're reading off or sticking to a script, while most of the guys are better at presenting their points as earnest, extemporaneous thoughts.

They're all just pretty faces who say some token thing every now and then to get the real discussion going. Every show on the network with a female on the panel is like this.

They need to get a woman who can hang with the discussion.

Greg

No way Greg, Christian's a dud on the field so he has make up for it in other ways off the field! It's true love!
05RbJkG.jpg

eznark

Banned
Anyone reading The System? I'm only a few chapters in but it's an interesting read AND it features Graham Harrell in the first chapter!!

jakncoke

Banned
They're all just pretty faces who say some token thing every now and then to get the real discussion going. Every show on the network with a female on the panel is like this.

They need to get a woman who can hang with the discussion.

Pam Oliver does not have a pretty face and Erin Andrews body is only appealing fully clothed through a 200p stream

Dragon

Banned
Beadle was the chick fired from ESPN for fucking all the athletes right?

Under the auspices that she wanted to do things other than fuck Colin Cowherd so she moved on to NBC Sports.

There's some skeezy fucking shit that happens in Bristol, they had to add that LA studio because no one wanted to live in that god forsaken place.

eznark

Banned
:0!!!! Never heard about This!
Edit: nvm, but let's talk more about Ezs comment, who's he talking about?

Well, the story that came out (and led to lots more whispers about her proclivity for getting down with anyone, obvious since she was banging Coward) was that she told Aaron Rodgers "I just wanna get fucked" at the ESPY's after party. He was disgusted but Clay stepped up and plowed her in the bathroom. She was gone like a week after that story came out.

Well, the story that came out (and led to lots more whispers about her proclivity for getting down with anyone, obvious since she was banging Coward) was that she told Aaron Rodgers "I just wanna get fucked" at the ESPY's after party. He was disgusted but Clay stepped up and plowed her in the bathroom. She was gone like a week after that story came out.
Fraudgers is the worst!
Speaking of lovely ladies on ESPN, where as Rachel Nichols dissappeard to? I haven't seen her on Sunday Countdown :(
She left for CNN, I was very sad -_-
I like you more everyday ShaneB!

And she watched the Erin Andrews peeping tom video. So she was into her too...

bionic77

I don't believe anything to do with Rodgers.

I could believe that chick was DTF but everything Rodgers says turns out to be wrong.

Also I don't like the new calendar on ios7.

effzee

Whenever the females leave there are always rumors about either them sleeping around or sexual harassment. I'll buy the sexual harassment stories way before I believe these relatively pretty girls would be into the ESPN male staff.

I thought Beadle left because of some controversy with Erin Andrews. Or that she was responsible for Erin leaving.

Who knows. I've heard Beadle on the WFAN radio show here in NYC. She comes across really funny and self aware. Good for Clay though if its true.

bionic77

Aren't steroids bad for your penis? Could Clay even get it up on such short notice?

Erin probably did ask Rodgers for a friendly bang but his penis was probably defective too or broken from roids from his friends and to save face he spread the rumor that she was a filthy slut.

squicken

Whenever the females leave there are always rumors about either them sleeping around or sexual harassment. I'll buy the sexual harassment stories way before I believe these relatively pretty girls would be into the ESPN male staff.

I thought Beadle left because of some controversy with Erin Andrews. Or that she was responsible for Erin leaving.

Who knows. I've heard Beadle on the WFAN radio show here in NYC. She comes across really funny and self aware. Good for Clay though if its true.

In the ESPN book it seems a lot of the female staff and talent had issues with Beadle. That Rodgers story was pretty broadly reported. I think she was the proverbial company ink, double standards blah blah blah, it ended up being bad for her career there

She gave Rodgers an open lane and he didn't take it? Oddly i'm not surprised.

Top Bottom