• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Lindsay Czarniak is the new ESPN hotness.

Erin and Beadle are old news.

Plus she's down with the swirl.

CzarniakMelvin.jpg

It's crazy how non sleazy american femalre reporters are. In Europe and Latin America, you have no idea if it's a sports show or a cinemax after dark show.

SAINZ,+INEZ+IV.jpg

Even during the daytime fanto the Latin reporters are hot!!! I don't care if I barely understand the language..

Mindlog

Local radio stations saying Freeman partied himself out of a job.

Fans calling in and are blaming him showing up late for meetings and what not due to him bar hopping and downtown multiple times during the week even nights before games.
Fucking snitches man. You keep that kind of stuff under wraps until after he gets traded.

jbug617

Banned
Boston has a good run of good looking sports reporters over the years

Heidi Watney (NESN) now works for MLB Network
Wendi Nix (WHDH) now works for ESPN
Molly McGrath (Celtics) now works for Fox Sports 1
Carolyn Manno (CSNNE) now works for NBC Sports Network

CSNNE have a couple of girls. I think they also have a Sconi also (Trenni Kusnierek)

Zeke

It's crazy how non sleazy american femalre reporters are. In Europe and Latin America, you have no idea if it's a sports show or a cinemax after dark show.

SAINZ,+INEZ+IV.jpg
ah good memories my grandpa always has the tv on Telemundo or Univision when the sexy dancers would come out shaking their asses my grandma would yell " tu querer mirar a las mujeres" he would never saying anything back just laugh, damn I miss them ;(

Cam Newton has commited uniform violation in 35 straight games

As I watched Newton and the Panthers dismantle the Giants en route to a 38-0 victory, I noticed something peculiar about Newton’s helmet. Attached to each side of his facemask are what appear to be black pieces of metal or plastic, which are the clips that affix the clear visor that Newton wears. And upon each those little black clips is an Under Armour

But the Under Armour logos threw me off because the league is notoriously strict about uniform rules, especially when it comes to company logos. I was particularly surprised because I wouldn’t think that the NFL would allow space for Under Armour while rival Nike is reportedly paying $1.1 billion to be the league’s official apparel partner through 2016.

And the uniform guidelines, as outlined in Rule 5 of the NFL Rulebook, are quite specific. Section 4, Article 2(a) reads, in part: “No visible identification of a manufacturer’s name or logo on the exterior of a helmet or on any attachment to a helmet is permitted unless provided for under a commercial arrangement between the League and manufacturer.”

Bowser

Not just Cam:

Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said the team was under the impression it was within the league rules because the logo was blacked out. A team source said the equipment staff uses the Under Armour clips because they’re easier to manage.

Photographs from the Panthers-Giants game Sunday show no fewer than three other Panthers – DeAngelo Williams, Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson – wearing the black Under Armour clip.

Across the league, Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor and 49ers safety Eric Reed are among the players who have also worn the clip, according to Forbes.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-on-cam-newton-for-illegal.html#storylink=cpy

Also guy who wrote the original article is a salty Giants fan:

BU88CCICcAAxRZ1.jpg

If the Eagles offense clicks, it can be anyone's game. None of the teams so far could score with Denver, the Eagles can. Plus if Shady runs like he has an Vick has a close to mistake free game, it will be closer than you guys are projecting.

Being able to score with Denver only assumes that the Eagles can score at will against the Broncos defense.

That's not going to happen.

Tom Penny

Boston has a good run of good looking sports reporters over the years

Heidi Watney (NESN) now works for MLB Network
Wendi Nix (WHDH) now works for ESPN
Molly McGrath (Celtics) now works for Fox Sports 1
Carolyn Manno (CSNNE) now works for NBC Sports Network

CSNNE have a couple of girls. I think they also have a Sconi also (Trenni Kusnierek)

Heidi is arguably the hottest woman I have ever seen in my life. Was right near hear at a Sox game and TV doesn't even do her justice..It was ridiculous.

If the Eagles offense clicks, it can be anyone's game. None of the teams so far could score with Denver, the Eagles can. Plus if Shady runs like he has an Vick has a close to mistake free game, it will be closer than you guys are projecting.

I don't think so bro. They couldn't even keep up with the Chiefs. And the philly defense is the worst that the donks will have faced imo so far.

bionic77

What is the best pick for elimination this week guyz?

I was leaning towards Baltimore but they are not very good and I can see them losing on the road. Plus Ray Rice is going to be gimpy or not available. I am staying away.

Is Arizona a lock against the Bucs?

Godslay

Banned
Being able to score with Denver only assumes that the Eagles can score at will against the Broncos defense.

That's not going to happen.

Can't say that for certain. If McCoy gets going, passing automatically becomes more effective. If this happens and Vick can play mistake free football, they can hang. Those are two very big ifs, but it's their key to a close game.

The Eagles always seem to have the big play in their back pocket as well.

I'm not going to discount their offense, until we see our defense stop it.

What I can see happening, as it has in the first three games, is that Del Rio's gameplan will revolve around stopping McCoy, and shutting down the run. Forces them to pass (especially if Broncos have any lead), pressures Vick. When you can force a team to pass exclusively, it makes them one dimensional. Opens up options for bring different pressures, and plays to the strengths of a strong secondary/fast good coverage LBs like we have.

Same thing that pretty much happened to Baltimore (58 total rushing yards), Giants (23 total rushing yards), Oakland (49 total rushing yards). Forced all of these teams to throw, made their offenses one dimensional, and played to the strengths of the team (secondary/good coverage lbs), and attempted to hide the weaknesses (poor rush generated by DL).

Some of this is obviously generated by having leads in the games played so far, but it's been a consistent thread of the Del Rio defense to absolutely shut down the run if at all possible. Plus it helps turn around the ball to the offense faster if the opposing team can't generate run yards to burn clock. It's complimentary football if you think about.

MechDX

I was leaning towards Baltimore but they are not very good and I can see them losing on the road. Plus Ray Rice is going to be gimpy or not available. I am staying away.

Seattle over Houston.

Wes

venison crêpe
All these side line reporters seem much of a muchness. I do like Alex Flanahnng and Stacey Dales though.

Syrinx

I think calling Arizona a lock against anyone is a mistake. Plus rookie qbs making their first start can cause problems.

squicken

Greg Cosell said on the Fantasy Guru podcast that Eli is in 2012 Philip Rivers mode where he is worried about pressure. Believes Giants' OL vs CAR was one of the worst performances he's ever seen. Two thoughts

1: That bottle of QB winner sauce is so powerful

2. He needs to watch more bad teams play football

bionic77

Seattle over Houston.
Seattle wasn't good on the road in last year. And they barely beat the Panthers on the road in week 1.

I could easily see Seattle losing, Skoob playing horribly, and you guys getting pissed that everyone thinking Houston is a legit contender and that Skoob is a franchise qb.

Can't say that for certain. If McCoy gets going, passing automatically becomes more effective. If this happens and Vick can play mistake free football, they can hang. Those are two very big ifs, but it's their key to a close game.

The Eagles always seem to have the big play in their back pocket as well.

I'm not going to discount their offense, until we see our defense stop it.

What I can see happening, as it has in the first three games, is that Del Rio's gameplan will revolve around stopping McCoy, and shutting down the run. Forces them to pass (especially if Broncos have any lead), pressures Vick. When you can force a team to pass exclusively, it makes them one dimensional. Opens up options for bring different pressures, and plays to the strengths of a strong secondary/fast good coverage LBs like we have.

Same thing that pretty much happened to Baltimore (58 total rushing yards), Giants (23 total rushing yards), Oakland (49 total rushing yards). Forced all of these teams to throw, made their offenses one dimensional, and played to the strengths of the team (secondary/good coverage lbs), and attempted to hide the weaknesses (poor rush generated by DL).

Some of this is obviously generated by having leads in the games played so far, but it's been a consistent thread of the Del Rio defense to absolutely shut down the run if at all possible. Plus it helps turn around the ball to the offense faster if the opposing team can't generate run yards to burn clock. It's complimentary football if you think about.

Exactly, which is why I think Denver has a better defense than the Chiefs who gave up nearly 300 yards rushing and 200 passing to the Eagles. If Denver shuts down their run game, it shouldn't be close. Philly has a good offense, but the way it's managed is dumb and puts a strain on their already weak D.

It's not really gonna matter tho because they won't be able to stop your offense.

I know it's a divisional game and all but I'd say Colts over Jags.

Godslay

Banned
Exactly, which is why I think Denver has a better defense than the Chiefs who gave up nearly 300 yards rushing and 200 passing to the Eagles. If Denver shuts down their run game, it shouldn't be close. Philly has a good offense, but the way it's managed is dumb and puts a strain on their already weak D.

It's not really gonna matter tho because they won't be able to stop your offense.

Chiefs have a better DL in some ways. Especially with Von being gone.

Yes, I do agree, if the run is stopped Vick is going to have a long day.

Chiefs have a better DL in some ways. Especially with Von being gone.

Yes, I do agree, if the run is stopped Vick is going to have a long day.

That said, for me it feels like the Broncos have much better interior run defense. For whatever reason I feel like outside or stretch runs they have a little harder time with (I can't point out any specific plays though), but runs up the middle they have been exceptionally good in clogging up.

squicken

Dolphins win confirmed?

http://s13.postimg.org/iy38xp513/saints_phins.png[/ig][/QUOTE]

I know it's fun to have a team on the rise, but worrying about media disrespect is very New Money. There's so much media out there that is far beyond TV slop. I mean do you really care what Cris Carter thinks about football? Most athletes have very little ability to describe why they were good at what they did

Top Bottom