• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Times are a changin my friend.

Steelers and Giants might be winless going into October. Seattle Seahawks look like the best or one of the best teams in the league. Ravens getting KO'd by cheap strippers.

Stop looking towards the past for what is going to happen. That is not going to work anymore.
I have to keep my optimism in check! You don't know what I've been through! The thought of my team being a contender is so foreign to me that I won't be able to accept it until there is almost no other possibility.

cdyhybrid

Stern and Selig retiring in the same year eh?

Chip_Kelly_NFL.gif

:jnc

Dragon

Banned
Look at those uniforms. When was this taken, 2003? Stop living in the past!

I don't even remember Frerotte on the Phins! All I remember between Marino and Tannehill is Jay Fieldler! Oh and Scott Mitchell (1993 bitch!).

He just won the game and is getting ready to go home and let his wife get on top

Jealous?

Frerotte couldn't remember his name let alone figure out where to put his prick. Let's not go overboard Mech.

effzee

Can't say that for certain. If McCoy gets going, passing automatically becomes more effective. If this happens and Vick can play mistake free football, they can hang. Those are two very big ifs, but it's their key to a close game.

The Eagles always seem to have the big play in their back pocket as well.

I'm not going to discount their offense, until we see our defense stop it.

What I can see happening, as it has in the first three games, is that Del Rio's gameplan will revolve around stopping McCoy, and shutting down the run. Forces them to pass (especially if Broncos have any lead), pressures Vick. When you can force a team to pass exclusively, it makes them one dimensional. Opens up options for bring different pressures, and plays to the strengths of a strong secondary/fast good coverage LBs like we have.

Same thing that pretty much happened to Baltimore (58 total rushing yards), Giants (23 total rushing yards), Oakland (49 total rushing yards). Forced all of these teams to throw, made their offenses one dimensional, and played to the strengths of the team (secondary/good coverage lbs), and attempted to hide the weaknesses (poor rush generated by DL).

Some of this is obviously generated by having leads in the games played so far, but it's been a consistent thread of the Del Rio defense to absolutely shut down the run if at all possible. Plus it helps turn around the ball to the offense faster if the opposing team can't generate run yards to burn clock. It's complimentary football if you think about.

I have zero doubt the Eagles will lose. BUT I do expect the offense to play better. They still put up tons of yards on the Chiefs but failed to either convert or just turned the ball over.

And they will have to and will run the ball even if they fall behind because of their big plays are running plays. Their whole offense is predicated on the threat of the run with McCoy. Even if you fall back by 7-14 early, they will have to run the ball. Their sped up offense is only that, sped up but the bread and butter is still running the ball.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/75860/the-inevitable-benching-of-josh-freeman

Barnwell basically says Schiano benched Freeman to save his job and ruined his career. Why do people have such an interest in propping up such a flawed player? He actually says that they have two really good WRs but since they have a similar skill set that it has hurt the offense. huh? He also bemoans the isolation routes. Iso routes, if the WRs can win them, make life much easier for the rest of the WRs and make the interior of the field easier to read for the QB

Why can't it be both?

Freeman showed some promise and glimpses. Why can't it be that while he partied his way out of town, a lot of it also had to do with Schiano and they way he runs things and the way he almost immediately let it be known he doesn't want Freeman. I mean its not like Schiano has some pristine reputation. Just last week there was a problem with him and Revis no?

Speaking of Tannehill:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...llace-tannehill-ahead-of-where-i-thought.html

On Wednesday Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace said this about quarterback Ryan Tannehill:

"I think he's a really good player. I think he's ahead of where I thought he would be. He's a smart player. Whatever it is, the hype and stuff we've been getting the past week or two, he's like, 'I don't care about it.' He's the same guy. He goes to work and prepares the same way. I think that's going to make him a very good player. He doesn't get caught up in the hype. He continues back to work and worries about what he did wrong. He's not worried about the good throws he made, he's worried about the ones he missed. As long as our quarterback is working like that, we'll be fine."
This is the kind of stuff that makes me love this dude. Exactly what you want to hear about your QB.

Speaking of Tannehill:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...llace-tannehill-ahead-of-where-i-thought.html

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love this dude. Exactly what you want to hear about your QB.

Saw this on my twitter during lunch forgot to check it out when I came back. Glad to hear that from Wallace I figured after being a held to two catches last week there might be drama again but as far as I can tell he hasn't said anything about it. We really do need to use him more though, this monday is a big test.

methodman

Banned
Speaking of Tannehill:

Haven't got to see too many Dolphins games this year, will be excited to watch you guys on Monday.

Hopefully Kap grows some balls and starts going through his reads. One read and run is completely killing our offense, and the defense too because all the three and outs.

Saw this on my twitter during lunch forgot to check it out when I came back. Glad to hear that from Wallace I figured after being a held to two catches last week there might be drama again but as far as I can tell he hasn't said anything about it. We really do need to use him more though, this monday is a big test.
If you notice it seemed to me like the gameplan against Atlanta didn't involve using Wallace that much, just like with Cleveland. Against Indy he was a primary focus and you saw Tannehill looking his way a lot early (slants, screens, etc.). I think there are two reasons for this:

1. Philbin and Sherman saw better ways to exploit the Browns/Falcons than focusing a lot on Wallace.

2. Wallace wasn't 100% for either game.

Hopefully Wallace's stupid groin will be healed up completely for Monday night, in which case I think they'll be looking to him a lot more frequently. Philbin puts a lot into preparation so I think a player's ability to practice for the full week significantly increases their chances of being a bigger part of the gameplan.

MechDX

As the week goes on I have this weird feeling the Texans are going to get blown out badly. I mean a humongous beatdown.

jWILL253

Banned
Why can't it be both?

Freeman showed some promise and glimpses. Why can't it be that while he partied his way out of town, a lot of it also had to do with Schiano and they way he runs things and the way he almost immediately let it be known he doesn't want Freeman. I mean its not like Schiano has some pristine reputation. Just last week there was a problem with him and Revis no?

It's definitely both. Freeman hasn't been very consistent, and he has a work ethic issue. But at the same time... Schiano. Is. A. Dick...

EDIT: About this Niners game... I wanna make an avatar bet with a Niners fan. Preferably this FMT guy...

MechDX

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/shut-up.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude. Dre is hurt, Brown shouldn't be playing but stupidly will, Foster is running like a sissy, Newtown is trash at RT and Schaub...well...Im seeing two pick sixes against that Seattle defense.

Wade will overcompensate on defense, no contain on edges, Joseph has a hurt foot, Kareem has been out all week sick and Ed Reed is 137 years old.

Seriously, this shit is ominous.

If you notice it seemed to me like the gameplan against Atlanta didn't involve using Wallace that much, just like with Cleveland. Against Indy he was a primary focus and you saw Tannehill looking his way a lot early (slants, screens, etc.). I think there are two reasons for this:

1. Philbin and Sherman saw better ways to exploit the Browns/Falcons than focusing a lot on Wallace.

Hopefully Wallace's stupid groin will be healed up completely for Monday night, in which case I think they'll be looking to him a lot more frequently. Philbin puts a lot into preparation so I think a player's ability to practice for the full week significantly increases their chances of being a bigger part of the gameplan.

Good point, it certainly helps that the other WR/TEs are stepping up and actually catching almost everything thrown their way.I'm really more worried about the defense in this game actually. They need to slow down with all the blitzes because Brees will tear us apart when blitzing. I think our offense will be productive.

cdyhybrid

Dude. Dre is hurt, Brown shouldn't be playing but stupidly will, Foster is running like a sissy, Newtown is trash at RT and Schaub...well...Im seeing two pick sixes against that Seattle defense.

Wade will overcompensate on defense, no contain on edges, Joseph has a hurt foot, Kareem has been out all week sick and Ed Reed is 137 years old.

Stop trying to reverse jinx your team!

Spades

Spot on. Wallace was carrying an injury against the Falcons but his presence as a decoy is worth having him on the field for. The extra day of rest this week will be vital. He'll have a 2 TD day against the Saints. Calling it now.

yeah. Just like last year. Cushing or Swatt's gonna get hurt, Schoob will implode like he always does, and the Texans will barely make the playoffs and get crushed by some shitty ravens team or something.

Good point, it certainly helps that the other WR/TEs are stepping up and actually catching almost everything thrown their way.I'm really more worried about the defense in this game actually. They need to slow down with all the blitzes because Brees will tear us apart when blitzing. I think our offense will be productive.
Yep, defense is my bigger concern as well, especially with Nolan Carroll most likely starting again. I agree with what you said about the blitzes as well, if we send more than an extra guy or two it could get ugly. The Saints excel in YAC so giving them a lot of 1 on 1's isn't to the Phins' benefit, especially when you consider how awful their tackling has been lately.

I have to say I've been really impressed with Gibson and Hartline so far this season. Gibson in particular seems to be dropping less passes than he did in the Cleveland game and he's made a lot of key catches on third down. Even Marshall looked solid in the Atlanta game. If Sims and Clay can keep upping their contribution then Tannehill will have plenty of nice options surrounding him.

rando14

Cant wait for Mech to rub his shit in our faces when/if the Texans squeak by with the win. Shit on your team and the team losees, everything's ok it was supposed to happen. Shit on your team and the team wins, LOL HAWKS ARE SHIT

MechDX

I am completely serious. Shit is just bad right now. Im talking like 2010 bad where we finished 6-10.

Look at this:

PDS ‏@PatDStat 17h
Matt Schaub dating back to last season. First 12 games, 11-1, 64% completion rate, 3,062 yards, 21 TDs to 9 INTs. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 17h
Matt Schaub since the regular season NE game including the playoffs to now. 8 games, 4-4, 67% completion rate, 2,389 yards, 9 TDs to 9 INTs.

Im supposed to be positive why again?

Cant wait for Mech to rub his shit in our faces when/if the Texans squeak by with the win. Shit on your team and the team losees, everything's ok it was supposed to happen. Shit on your team and the team wins, LOL HAWKS ARE SHIT

There will be no "squeaking by". This team is serious shit. O line depth is gone, our QB is a pussy, our HC is a conservative jackass who wont change nor adapt, our million dollar RB gets 3.7 yards and falls down when breathed on, our OLBs do nothing, our corners cant stay healthy and are reverting back to old ways.

Top Bottom