• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Godslay

Banned
Looking over both of the Fins and the Pats schedule. They could both very well be somewhere in the area of 9-7/10-6. Should be a good race.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Broncos are winning without their two best defensive players. That should be noted when discussing the seahawks.
We didn't have DE Avril for our first game, we were missing DE Clemons and CB Browner until last week, we won't have DE/OLB Irvin until after Houston, we lost WR Harvin back in camp, and we lost LT Okung for the next month or so during the 49ers game.

You lost two people? Boo. Hoo.

Also, you may want to take a peek at what we did last year.

If Denver hits 60, I'll let you pick out my avatar for a week. No other conditions.

Sounds good. Eagles are going to run hurry up all game, and Denver also likes to hurry up. Eagles D couldnt stop small hands, and he didnt throw a pass that went more then 8 yards in the air all night. Manning is going to wreck this defense, Eagles will get behind and Vick will be forced to throw, turnovers will happen. Broncos wont punt once all game is my guess and they only times they wont get TD's are on drives where they do something stupid like commit penalties. Never in my life have I been less excited about watching an Eagles game. Denver also only being 13 point favorites is a complete fucking joke. Manning i9s not going to let up, since the Eagles really beat him up the last time they played him. I rreally think he goeas all out all game and they score 62 to the Eagles 37.

Hunter S.

Observations by me. There are 9 winning teams in the AFC. There are 5 winning teams in the NFC.

The Texans are the only team with a winning record with negative net points at -12. The Packers are plus 8, but are not above .500 .

Considering there is supposed to be more parity, there are 6, 0-3 teams.
Parity does not mean everybody is equal. Parity follows the well established statistical bell curve (look it up if you do not know what it is).

Why would you shake your head at that? Titans have looked good this year, and have beaten a real team, while the Jets have only beaten the Bills and Bucs and looked fucking horrible against a really bad Pats team.
We should be 3-0 if our team didn't f'n choke in the last 9 minutes of the game against the Texans...

DavidJohnsonuptheseam_zps0821349f.gif

Well designed play. 11 Personnel. Safety creeps down before the snap expecting run. Ben pumps to Brown before going after Johnson (#85) who releases and streaks up the seam.

Godslay

Banned
We didn't have DE Avril for our first game, we were missing DE Clemons and CB Browner until last week, we won't have DE/OLB Irvin until after Houston, we lost WR Harvin back in camp, and we lost LT Okung for the next month during the 49ers game.

You lost two people? Boo. Hoo.

Champ, Von, Dreesen, Tamme, Clady, Koppen.

All starters last year who have missed games. Let's not break out this broken measuring stick, it doesn't mean anything. Both teams are doing good despite the injuries.

Sounds good. Eagles are going to run hurry up all game, and Denver also likes to hurry up. Eagles D couldnt stop small hands, and he didnt throw a pass that went more then 8 yards in the air all night. Manning is going to wreck this defense, Eagles will get behind and Vick will be forced to throw, turnovers will happen. Broncos wont punt once all game is my guess and they only times they wont get TD's are on drives where they do something stupid like commit penalties. Never in my life have I been less excited about watching an Eagles game. Denver also only being 13 point favorites is a complete fucking joke. Manning i9s not going to let up, since the Eagles really beat him up the last time they played him. I rreally think he goeas all out all game and they score 62 to the Eagles 37.

I don't see it that way, but I guess we will find out Sunday.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Champ, Von, Dreesen, Tamme, Clady, Koppen.

All starters last year who have missed games. Let's not break out this broken measuring stick, it doesn't mean anything. Both teams are doing good despite the injuries.
Haha, I only said that because it implied that everything was rosy on our roster and so Denver deserves the pity card.

parity in the NFL is a myth.

You guys are looking at this wrong, there is tons of parity, it is just parity in that almost all the teams are really bad now. All but 4 or 5 teams are bad this year, and there really isnt one team that is totally complete. Seahawks are the closest, but their WRs are only okay and they pass less then most teams. I really think that the cap, and rising QB contracts, force teams to go cheap somewhere, and that is causing most teams to have some glaring hole.

Speaking of injuries, I hurt my beer drinking hand workin da lift in da yard with da boys de other day.

Poor Lester just burst into tears cause he knew I'd be out of commission for a couple a weeks.

KaYotiX

Banned
So glad we have a bye this week.

Team needs to reflect on the shitty performance on offense on Sunday. Also need to heal, to many damn injuries already. Reporters also need to tell Fraudgers he is too short and is a horrible 4th qtr QB so he comes out all pissed off week 5 and destroys the poor lions.

Godslay

Banned
Haha, I only said that because it implied that everything was rosy on our roster and so Denver deserves the pity card.

Yeah, it's not particularly rosy on either side, but both teams have decent depth so they can keep playing at roughly the same level even with injuries. Clearly, both sides have lost big time playmakers. If anything, it proves that the teams are well constructed.

Speaking of injuries, I hurt my beer drinking hand workin da lift in da yard with da boys de other day.

Poor Lester just burst into tears cause he knew I'd be out of commission for a couple a weeks.

Get well soon. At least you sound like you are toughing the injury out.

squicken

Observations by me. There are 9 winning teams in the AFC. There are 5 winning teams in the NFC.

The Texans are the only team with a winning record with negative net points at -12. The Packers are plus 8, but are not above .500 .

Parity does not mean everybody is equal. Parity follows the well established statistical bell curve (look it up if you do not know what it is).

There have been more 14 win and 2 win teams in recent years than there used to be. Parity is alive, but it's alive in the middle class. There are some awful teams catching lots of losses every year, and some elite teams that feast on easy schedules

From 1994-2007, there were 11 teams that went 2-14 or worse. That's less than one per season. In the past five years, there have been ten. From 1993-199, only two teams went 13-3 or better. In the past three seasons, there have been eight

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/10000-seasons-revisited

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You guys are looking at this wrong, there is tons of parity, it is just parity in that almost all the teams are really bad now. All but 4 or 5 teams are bad this year, and there really isnt one team that is totally complete. Seahawks are the closest, but their WRs are only okay and they pass less then most teams. I really think that the cap, and rising QB contracts, force teams to go cheap somewhere, and that is causing most teams to have some glaring hole.
I think our WRs are more than okay, but I would agree they don't really meet the bar of making our team "complete". Neither does our offensive line, really, especially with Okung out and Breno as RT. When they're in form they do the job, though. We're also thin at TE, with two good ones and one we brought in who claims to play the position.

jakncoke

Banned
DavidJohnsonuptheseam_zps0821349f.gif

Well designed play. 11 Personnel. Safety creeps down before the snap expecting run. Ben pumps to Brown before going after Johnson (#85) who releases and streaks up the seam.

Should gif Redman terrible ass pass block in the 4th that cause the fumble to be returned for a td ending any chance of a comeback

our owner is a mobster!. amazing

http://deadspin.com/vikings-owners-must-pay-85-million-for-organized-crim-1377871020

Zygi Wilf, the majority owner of the team, and his brother Mark and cousin Leonard were found liable for fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty, for their roles in scamming former partners out of the profits of a New Jersey apartment complex. The Wilfs withheld revenues and charged unauthorized fees and interest payments for decades. "Organized crime-type activities," the judge called them, finding they violated the state's RICO act.

Teddy will look nice in the purple and gold!

.johnson said that he doesn't "feel any different now than I did before," regarding Ponder as his starting quarterback. The fans may be calling for Matt Cassel, but Ponder has the support of his coaches for now. Those coaches just believe that Ponder needs to have a thick skin if he's to rebound and have any success this season..

bionic77

Best play i've ever seen out of Worilds (#93).

Rushes, notices the Running back leak out, breaks off and chases him for the incompletion.

Worildsbestplay_zps71ae3300.gif
I think he had a really good tackle on the back in the backfield as well.

But yeah far and few between! And when the game was on the line defense did zero (still better than the offense which was less than zero for the game).

Let's change the topic. Too much football talk. You guys ever notice that life sucks and is not fair?

cajunator

Banned
I think he had a really good tackle on the back in the backfield as well.

But yeah far and few between! And when the game was on the line defense did zero (still better than the offense which was less than zero for the game).

Let's change the topic. Too much football talk. You guys ever notice that life sucks and is not fair?

Nope. Im not seeing this.

I really hope we get a 14-2 SB winner this year. I am so sick of garbage teams winning it most years.

No one's getting close to 14-2 except for the Broncos.

(And we all know that they're gonna lose in the divisional round to a team they should beat soundly because of either Peyton choking or FOXBALL)

More likely some god awful team will sneak in and make a run again.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

(And we all know that they're gonna lose in the divisional round to a team they should beat soundly because of either Peyton choking or FOXBALL)

PARITY!

squicken

Seattle is going 15-1 and is going to cruise to the Super Bowl.

Top Bottom