• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

BigAT

And the cheers erupted from Minnesota?

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN
Matt Cassel will officially start; Frazier says Ponder has a fractured rib. MBT will be backup.

Bowser

Another article on how it doesn't matter who the Bucs' QB will be if they don't change their offensive scheme: http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/26/tampa-bay-buccaneers-josh-freeman-mike-glennon/?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp

When I took a look at Freeman’s game in August, I got some great help from Joe Bussell (the must-follow @NFLosophy on Twitter), who worked for the Buccaneers as an Operations Assistant and Coordinator from July 2009 through January 2012. I turned to Joe again to help with a more comprehensive evaluation of Tampa Bay’s offense, and the inherent issues for any quarterback.

“When watching the Buccaneers, I see an offense that appears to be ages behind the current NFL. It is evident that the Bucs’ offensive staff is confident that their two main wide receivers [Jackson and Williams] will win when the ball is in the air. They try to get one-on-one matchups and run the receivers deep and outside the numbers. Separation isn’t stressed in this offense. Instead, the reliance is on its outside receivers to win in jump-ball situations. These are often referred to as ’50/50 balls,’ because of the odds of the wide receiver coming down with them. — and one of the reasons Freeman’s completion percentage has hovered around 50 to 56 percent under Mike Sullivan.

Tom Penny

Matt Cassel will officially start; Frazier says Ponder has a fractured rib. MBT will be backup.

Vikings fans should be excited. It's not everyday you have a Pro Bowl backup to turn to.

Smooth Operator
matt-cassel-hat-fail.gif

effzee

I actually think the NFLN coverage is pretty good (outside of the shitty opening). It's just that the games themselves are usually shitty.

Well its because FOX, CBS, NBC, and ESPN refused to give up the rights to the better games they show on Sundays and Mondays.

I think in their contract renewals they stipulated that the big NFC games every week be on Fox, AFC on CBS, the game of the week on NBC, and 2nd tier game on MNF which is still higher than TNF.

Basically NFLN was so desperate for a game to broadcast they said fuck it give us the game the other networks don't even want to show.

Who is MBT?

FF news: Austin gave me 0.6. Quite possibly the worst pick I have ever made. And I thought I was being slick with that pick up.

bionic77

Cassel getting the start!? Wooooo!

Shit the bed for Ted!
Shit the bed for Ted!
Shit the bed for Ted!

0-16 here we come!
You might be disappointed when Ben gives you 5 turnovers and Cassel's immaculate handoffs get AP to 400 yards.

I hope no one in the UK paid too much for this game...

jakncoke

Banned

So throwing over 40 times and having a y/a under 5 is a recipe for a loss. 3-28 lol

unfortunately this kind of shit will happen a lot more often. Infrastructure in the US is going to shit everywhere. Its really bad.

I like how last year they said they found cracks in one the columns and found that to ok. Wtf is this country coming to

Lunchbox

Banned
unfortunately this kind of shit will happen a lot more often. Infrastructure in the US is going to shit everywhere. Its really bad.
maybe in third world states like New Orleans and Wisconsin yeah

but don't label the entire US with that. #NaturalDisastersCanSuckOurInfrastructuresDick

Lunchbox

Banned
Lol

Lunchbox also believes in Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny.
we've had a tropical storm every year since 07 and have snow storms on a regular basis. last year we rothisburgered hurricane sandy

only shit states like jersey and New York couldn't take it. Connecticut Mass didn't even lose power. it's barely October and we already have state snow removing trucks ready in Hartford.

this is where our high tax rates come into play. sucks to suck rest of the country

jakncoke

Banned
I decided to take Bowser pfr query a bit further. I set it up 1960 to present. 315 instances. Here is the record of those quarterbacks over the 53 year history

38- 275 - 4

cajunator

Banned
maybe in third world states like New Orleans and Wisconsin yeah

but don't label the entire US with that. #NaturalDisastersCanSuckOurInfrastructuresDick

Entire US is pretty fucked. In particular you guys up north due to salting the roadways and bridges. that shit eats steel like candy.

yeah, well you're a thing

the thingest of things

You know I love you. Even though you are a Jags fan.

bionic77

You live in a state with Detroit.
Yeah Michigan people can't really shit on anyone else.

People actually travel to New Orleans for vacations. Who has ever planned a vacation to Michigan or Detroit?

People don't even want a layover in Michigan because it is such a piece of crap. The state doesn't even have a single viable city. :lol @ Lunchbox shitting on other states infrastructure. I remember reading somewhere that most streetlights in Detroit don't work...

Lunchbox

Banned
Entire US is pretty fucked. In particular you guys up north due to salting the roadways and bridges. that shit eats steel like candy.
that's why every 2 years the roads are grooved, peeled and repaved. every building has a minimum mandatory distance it has to keep from the roads with lawns, sideways or just empty space and walls are reinforced and insulated in state buildings during the summer to get ready for the fall, and trucks are out 3 hours before the snow storms hit to minimize black ice

keep paying your minimum penny taxes and taking the big handoff refunds while crying when the levees break. people like me and our 500$ weekly tax makes sure that we are not afraid of winds or frozen water from the sky

#natureCantTouchThePatriotWay

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah Michigan people can't really shit on anyone else.

People actually travel to New Orleans for vacations. Who has ever planned a vacation to Michigan or Detroit?

People don't even want a layover in Michigan because it is such a piece of crap. The state doesn't even have a single viable city. :lol @ Lunchbox shitting on other states infrastructure. I remember reading somewhere that most streetlights in Detroit don't work...

Why waste electric if there is a single family living in an entire neighborhood of vacant houses/lots

cajunator

Banned
that's why every 2 years the roads are grooved, peeled and repaved. every building has a minimum mandatory distance it has to keep from the roads with lawns, sideways or just empty space and walls are reinforced and insulated in state buildings during the summer to get ready for the fall, and trucks are out 3 hours before the snow storms hit to minimize black ice

keep paying your minimum penny taxes and taking the big handoff refunds while crying when the levees break. people like me and our 500$ weekly tax makes sure that we are not afraid of winds or frozen water from the sky

#natureCantTouchThePatriotWay

Brah, the bridges up there are ROTTING AWAY>
Its a problem that will require nearly a trillion dollars to fix. Even your daddy cant pay for it.

bionic77

Why waste electric if there is a single family living in an entire neighborhood of vacant houses/lots
What about the giant rats or homeless crackheads that make use of those neighborhoods?

No wonder Lunch is desperate to pretend he lives outside of Boston now. Living in Michigan is what, like 10% better than living in Afghanistan?

bionic77

Its a problem that will require nearly a trillion dollars to fix. Even your daddy cant pay for it.
His daddy can't even get them out of Detroit.

Fixing the nation's infrastructure is beyond that 3rd world nation we call Michigan.

jakncoke

Banned
What about the giant rats or homeless crackheads that make use of those neighborhoods?

No wonder Lunch is desperate to pretend he lives outside of Boston now. Living in Michigan is what, like 10% better than living in Afghanistan?

I bet there is less dirty needles on the ground in Afghanistan than found in Detroit/Michigan

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And we have Ronald Reagan to thank for it. Money not spent on infrastructure is like borrowed money since we'll have to pay for it anyway at some point.

MechDX

Who cares who was at fault. Point is it needs to be fixed. Everywhere.

No offense but Lousyana has the absolute WORST highway system. Night and day difference vs Texas.

I'll be nice and not state what should have happened to New Orleans after Katrina

Top Bottom