• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Colasante

It's crazy how they Jags are the only ones doing it right by sticking with their talented QB while the Vikings and Bucs ditch theirs.

Shad Khan is no fool. He knows he'll need to have a marquee quarterback and a legitimate team before he can move the team anywhere worthwhile.

Tenumi

Banned
Yeah Michigan people can't really shit on anyone else.

People actually travel to New Orleans for vacations. Who has ever planned a vacation to Michigan or Detroit?

People don't even want a layover in Michigan because it is such a piece of crap. The state doesn't even have a single viable city. :lol @ Lunchbox shitting on other states infrastructure. I remember reading somewhere that most streetlights in Detroit don't work...

http://www.artprize.org/

Artprize is a pretty cool event that has brought in over 1,500 entrants this year in the city of Grand Rapids. It also brings in massive amounts of tourists because of the type of even it is. Michigan is also a top 3 state in the country in terms of craft beer, while Grand Rapids was voted as Beer City USA because of the quality of Beer in the city.

While Detroit is a cesspool of awfulness most of the time, don't let it ruin the entire state for you. Just avoid downtown Detroit and all of Flint and you're golden

Michigan is not Detroit. Growing up in SW Michigan, my hometown was a major tourist destination and location for rich Chicago people to buy vacation homes. We're right next to Lake Michigan and it's absolutely gorgeous country. Grand Rapids is also a pretty nice city, though run by conservatives. There's also the UP, which is another big vacation spot in the summer.

Sorry for cropping up in this thread again, but yeah, don't let Detroit paint the entire picture of Michigan. West Michigan is really where things are a lot better (can't speak for northern, never took a trip up). Grand Rapids, Holland, Zeeland, Grandville, all good places to live and visit. I'm not at all biased... OK, I am. I live about 5-10 minutes away from Holland, MI.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
At this point we can probably win just by avoiding turnovers on offense and getting a couple TAINTs from Schoob, but that won't be at all easy or comfortable. I hope Wilson and Lynch show us some real magic.

rando14

FUCK

Seattle All-Pro C Max Unger not expected to play Sunday. This IN ADDITION to not having our starting tackles.

Yup this is looking awful. 10 Am start, on the road, O line in shambles, against JJ Watt and the Texans defense. No longer expecting a win this weekend.

Bowser

“I told him, ‘You should have worn the Pedro shirt like on Napoleon Dynamite,''' cornerback Darrelle Revis said, via the Tampa Bay Tribune. “At first, he was like, ‘What?' And I was like, ‘Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite.' He was like, ‘Oh, OK.' He kind of got the joke late.''

mike-glennon-napoleon-dynamite.jpg

cdyhybrid

At this point we can probably win just by avoiding turnovers on offense and getting a couple TAINTs from Schoob, but that won't be at all easy or comfortable. I hope Wilson and Lynch show us some real magic.
D and running game will have to win the game for us. Still possible. Gonna be hard. Watt will be everywhere.

Agreed. I was hoping against hope that his time in Philadelphia really was a fluke, but it seems that he may just be done.

Tramane Brock (currently our #4) should probably be our #3 CB, not Asomugha. He was in last night and caused that interception for Whitner in the endzone.

Brock has been absolute dog shit garbage for us too. I cringe when he's in the game.

sangreal

Hmm start Chiefs D against the Giants or Ravens D against Bills?

I keep getting this feeling Giants will turn it around this week.

I think the Giants will win (because I always do), but I'm still starting the chiefs D. They should get plenty of sacks and turnovers even if they give up some points.

Bowser

What's so nice about it and how is it different than any other streaming app

Not sure if they've got better algorithms or what, but the suggestions seem to be a lot better/closer to things I'd actually want to listen to than any other streaming service I've used so far.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Bowie/Bailey future!
Yeah, there's a silver lining here, and they are a big part of it. I'll be extremely happy to see them step up and even one of them take the starting RT job, as I don't think anyone would mind seeing Breno get the boot. McQuistan is also not all together horrible as Okung's backup, but against Houston we need to be on our A-Game, and he's not that. So yeah, the tackle situation isn't altogether distressing, but losing Unger is going to hurt us by a ton unless our other playmakers and coaching staff really step it up.

Has there been any news on Staley's injury last night? I'm terrified to check...

Nothing happened..He thought he was hurt...turns out he wasn't. It's like getting the wind knocked out of you for the first time. There's a moment when you think you can't breath and panic.

Can you please beat the shit out of the texans physically (then lose)? That would be great, thanks!

bionic77

Houston has as much of a chance of winning as stealers making the playoffs
I think Houston is going to beat Seattle and the odds are much better than the Steelers making the playoffs.

The Steelers chances of making the playoffs are about as good as Tom Brady having an Adams Apple. So basically zero.

Enron

Banned
Whats this about Josh Freeman being asked to stay home and away from the team? Probably just a dumb rumor overheard just now on one of the ATL sportstalk stations.

Colasante

Whats this about Josh Freeman being asked to stay home and away from the team? Probably just a dumb rumor overheard just now on one of the ATL sportstalk stations.

Apparently he went rogue and did an ESPN interview without the team's permission. I'm not surprised they want to keep him away.

squicken

What's so nice about it and how is it different than any other streaming app

I guess it depends how deep you are in to iOS ecosystem. Now that devices aren't tethered to the PC to sync with iTunes it doesn't suck as bad as it used to. So favoriting and Wishlist and all that help you spend money more easily. It also seems to do a better job than Pandora (only other streaming service I use) of playing stuff I like. It does tend to play more popular stuff so that could be part of it. I wish there was a way for it to skip stuff I already have in my Library

Tenumi

Banned
Fuck all this Detroit hate.

Detroit > west Michigan, er'ry day.

Oh yeah? Well, West Michigan has a Championship team in the Grand Rapids Griffons! When's the last time a Detroit team won a championship?
Aw, I made myself feel sad...

I miss the Grand Rapids Rampage in Arena Football....

Man I wanted to go up against Freeman this week but they had to throw that giant nerd Glennon in. We are terrible so he is probably gonna have a field day.

On the plus side I've got suit shopping for my wedding tomorrow, any tips GAF bros?

I'm going to the GRAM next weekend or the one after that to see the Top 10.
The suckers go to ArtPrize for the scene and butt grabbing but the smarty pantses go the weekend after. No lineses!

We should go get a fruity drink and go see a movie picture film.

Talon, you should come too brah!

I can get hip to that

Bowser

On the plus side I've got suit shopping for my wedding tomorrow, any tips GAF bros?

I'm actually going tux shopping this weekend or sometime soon. I'm at that age where a bunch of friends/coworkers are going to get married within the next 2-3 years, so I figured fuck renting a tux, I'll just drop a bit of cash on a nice one that I can wear whenever.

For off the rack, I really, really like J.Crew's Ludlow suits. I would grab their tux but I just don't think there's enough value in it (they sell 'em as separates, total cost is ~$800): http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop/PRDOVR~22182/22182.jsp

For tailored, I've heard good things about Suit Supply (www.suitsupply.com). May go get fitted for their tux and see how it looks (http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Evening-Tuxedo) as it's pretty affordable ($439).

I kinda really like their midnight navy shawl collar tux (http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Evening-Tuxedo) but figure I should probably keep it understated/classic if I'm actually going to buy a tux.

Top Bottom