• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

jWILL253

Banned
Matt Schaub has that Matt Hasselbeck look... he just looks like he could be anything other than a starting NFL QB.

Also, maybe it's just me, but... I'm not to worried about the injuries to the offensive line. Russell's been getting hammered all year, and yet he has 6 TD's vs. 2 INT's.

We'll be fine. This isn't the first time we've dealt with injuries on the line while going up against a good defense on the road...

squicken

You're not winning in the NFL without a quarterback. By passing on RGIII, they tied their fortunes to Bradford for at least two more seasons, dooming their chance to consistently compete.

My guess is by the end of 2014, Redskins fans will want that trade back.

You're not winning in the NFL without a quarterback. By passing on RGIII, they tied their fortunes to Bradford for at least two more seasons, dooming their chance to consistently compete.

Bradford makes an obscene amount of money. If they had to pay him and pay RGIII, they wouldnt have been able to afford anything else. I guess they could have just tanked 3 years until they were rid of Bradfords contract but it wouldnt have gotten them any better results then trading the pick.

ShaneB

1375032_10151625395741314_2079851413_n.jpg

God damn I'm excited for this game. Had today off, and therefore it feels like Saturday :(, but the game is not tomorrow. I am sad.

squicken

Dont forget that they also lost all that cap space.

They didn't "lose" it. They escalated existing bonus money into un-capped year. They basically took dead money of Haynesworth contract and dumped it into 2010. Now fining them was crooked by the league, but it's not like the Redskins were disadvantaged relative to the rest of the league

MechDX

I clicked this link and now Im seriously depressed

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/09/analysis_matt_schaubs_winner_l.php?page=3

The Texans have elite playmakers all over the field, and since the 11-1 start last season, they are 4-5 and plagued with pervasive red zone and turnover margin issues. So a problem exists somewhere, and I think we've all narrowed it down to the most acute problems being the quarterback and the head coach.

And this is where it gets painful -- despite those elite playmakers, the head coach doesn't let the quarterback fully use them (see: Johnson, Andre, end zone targets), however, the quarterback also isn't dynamic enough to overcome the predictability of a conservative game plan. The masses have opined for so long that "Schaub is the perfect guy to run Gary Kubiak's offense" without really asking ourselves "Do we really want Gary Kubiak's offense?"

It's a mind numbing circle -- Schaub is holding back the Texans, Kubiak is holding back Schaub. It's logistically impossible, and yet it's happening in front of our eyes. We all know exactly what I'm taking about!

But we came here to assess Matt Schaub "the winner," so I leave you with this: Think about how often you've spent the last three weeks discussing Schaub's penchant for throwing five yards short of the first down marker on third down, which he does REGULARLY. Think about how much this has been a topic on talk radio, and think about how lame and slow the offense has looked in most of the games I listed above. Now add in the back breaking mistakes, the pick sixes, the red zone failure.

Oftentimes, when a head coach's first assessment of a guy is "He's a winner" it means that he can't really think of an actual physical, football skill that defines the player. As odd as it sounds, "winner" can be a bit of a cop out assessment. Peyton Manning is defined by his football IQ, Tom Brady is defined by his pocket presence, Drew Brees is defined by his pinpoint accuracy. Hell, even Jay Cutler is defined by his rifle-like arm strength (and his douchy, frat boy, pout face).

Schaub is defined by what?

(waiting...waiting...waiting...)

Exactly.

So he's been a slightly above average quarterback for a team that's won more games of late, a two time defending division champion, a two year success oasis what had been a Texans desert of mediocrity. But division titles and single playoff wins comprise another day at the office for over half the quarterbacks in the league.

....sigh...

LevelNth

Banned
49ers WR Quinton Patton has a broken foot and will be out a couple of weeks. It's Jon Baldwin time.
Bah, another one gone. Shame cause Patton was looking good, but this is his second broken bone since August... our horrendous WR drafting ability continues.

Technically, we didn't draft Baldwin, so let's hope he works out!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Chris Harper Plan:
1. Get drafted by team with stacked roster.
2. Get sent to practice squad because you're not that good.
3. Get signed by team with thin WR depth and bone to pick on first team, which is under the impression that you must have been good to be drafted.
4. Whack the remaining WRs on the roster.
5. Become an NFL starting WR!

May as well since your defense fell off a cliff!

Yeah they looked horrible last night. You can say we gave up whatever in the previous 2 games but we dominated wussle and drew luck threw for like 150.

Don't try to group us with your shitty team! Niners are a disappointment for sure but the steelers are one of the worst teams in the league. Accept it!

Bah, another one gone. Shame cause Patton was looking good, but this is his second broken bone since August... our horrendous WR drafting ability continues.

Technically, we didn't draft Baldwin, so let's hope he works out!

I don't think he's looked good during the regular season (of course limited N and all that). I'm hoping Baldwin steps up because at this point, I've lost complete faith in Kyle Williams doing anything productive at this point. If Baldwin pans out, does Baalke get a pass for drafting Jenkins?

Well, sure, you held us to 29 points instead of 45.

Lol you scored 3 first half points on offense and those 3 points came on a short field. Wussle was 1/9 in the first half. Our D broke down because of constant 3 and outs. It was a 12-3 game after 3 quarters so if that is your definition of some dominant offensive performance then you need to watch some broncos games brah!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lol you scored 3 first half points on offense and those 3 points came on a short field. Wussle was 1/9 in the first half. Our D broke down because of constant 3 and outs. It was a 12-3 game after 3 quarters so if that is your definition of some dominant offensive performance then you need to watch some broncos games brah!
Well, I'm glad that first half was your superbowl, but an NFL game is played for 60 minutes.

LevelNth

Banned
I don't think he's looked good during the regular season (of course limited N and all that). I'm hoping Baldwin steps up because at this point, I've lost complete faith in Kyle Williams doing anything productive at this point. If Baldwin pans out, does Baalke get a pass for drafting Jenkins?
No. Best GM in the league but the man can't draft a WR to save his life. Thank god we have all those picks again next year, we need CBs and WRs like a pig needs shit.

squicken

Torrey Holt was on STL radio just blowing up the Rams. Said that SF players were in the locker room laughing at the Rams for paying Jake Long. They couldn't wait to play him

e: Suggesting that Fisher is like Ditka in NOLA. Mailing it in and playing golf and getting a big check

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah they looked horrible last night. You can say we gave up whatever in the previous 2 games but we dominated wussle and drew luck threw for like 150.

Don't try to group us with your shitty team! Niners are a disappointment for sure but the steelers are one of the worst teams in the league. Accept it!

At least we'll have Clowney next year

Also Chan you break things because you're drunk at work

It's hard to pin either losses on our defense, I mean sure they could've played better but no defense can stay stout if their offense goes three and out consistently and gives the opposing team a short field to work with.

sangreal

Despite their incredible passing game so far, the Broncos don't look like a 16-0 team to me. They'll lose eventually, and while the Eagles don't have the worst chance of doing it, I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to bet against the Broncos at home, esp. with that Denver air.

bionic77

Niners play in the inferior conference.

Even though we are going to be 0-4 on Monday the difference between our teams is not as big as you would like to hope! We are both garbo. You guys just have good coaches. Take them away and are we really so different, you and I?

I'm excited for the Bills game. Flacco on the road is worst Flacco aka Joe Flacco. If he comes out, shits the bed, and we lose, that's a wrap.

QBs making 120 mil can win in Buffalo.

bionic77

I'm excited for the Bills game. Flacco on the road is worst Flacco aka Joe Flacco. If he comes out, shits the bed, and we lose, that's a wrap.

QBs making 120 mil can win in Buffalo.
You might win even with Flacco continuing to suck. Teams like the Bills and Steelers just fine games away.

Top Bottom