• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

jWILL253

Banned
I just so happen to live next to a hospital that has free WiFi. I can't get CenturyLink Internet until after my DirecTV service is installed this upcoming Tuesday. I also have a Vita that I have digital purchases for, but I can't move them off my PS3, because I can't sign into my profile, due to lack of Internet.

So, I'm standing outside the hospital in the cold, waiting for a game to finish downloading, while I get crazy looks from all the white folks.

At least I'm getting Sunday Ticket, so I can avoid any further similarities to Lunchbox...

I just so happen to live next to a hospital that has free WiFi. I can't get CenturyLink Internet until after my DirecTV service is installed this upcoming Tuesday. I also have a Vita that I have digital purchases for, but I can't move them off my PS3, because I can't sign into my profile, due to lack of Internet.

So, I'm standing outside the hospital in the cold, waiting for a game to finish downloading, while I get crazy looks from all the white folks.

At least I'm getting Sunday Ticket, so I can avoid any further similarities to Lunchbox...

what game?

ChanHuk

Banned
You either are a government worker or are doing a good job, despite breaking shit. I break shit all the time at work, but have yet to be fired. Then again I'm working with code whereas you are dealing with people's lives so maybe they should

I work for a for profit ambulance company that is contracted with a for profit hospital and Kaiser. I work in an ED that's nonprofit. I actually care about that job. Those fuckers on the ambulance can eat an extra large helping from a bag of dicks. Management sucks and our dispatch sucks. We need dispatchers like Cajun. Our parent company also just filed chapter 11 so we're assuming we're not gonna be apart of the reconciliation.

Godslay

Banned
I work for a for profit ambulance company that is contracted with a for profit hospital and Kaiser. I work in an ED that's nonprofit. I actually care about that job. Those fuckers on the ambulance can eat an extra large helping from a bag of dicks. Management sucks and our dispatch sucks. We need dispatchers like Cajun. Our parent company also just filed chapter 11 so we're assuming we're not gonna be apart of the reconciliation.

Well, I know I couldn't do it. Totally respect healthcare workers in general because they deal with some serious shit. They also deal with some serious stress. Plus, I knew some guys that were on a voluntary firefighter/EMT crew, and they had some wicked horror stories, and that was for a small town, so I can't imagine in a large city. Kudos to you. I'll keep making widgets.

BigAT

Now, I was sitting here having my fun shoving you the same bullshit you tried to dish out before, but now you go and say something that makes no sense whatsoever. Fairweather? I was around 2006-2011. Doesn't watch the games? Admittedly my work schedule hasn't always been kind to me and I rarely get NFC West games here on the east coast anyway, but new technologies have made it simple to circumvent age-old obstacles. Doesn't understand the games? Oh I do, but when have you ever discussed actual football? Why the FUCK should I ever attempt to do so with you? All you've ever done is rant on and on like you're tough shit, but now that your team is shitting the bed I'm simply savoring the karma.

I don't have a clue if you're a fairweather fan or not, but is listing the start of your fandom as the year they were in the Super Bowl really the best attempt at a defense?

Is this true?

Bill Simmons said:
My favorite moment of Week 3: Ron Rivera finally going for it on fourth-and-1 on the Giants' 2-yard line, getting the first down AND scoring the game's first touchdown. It was one of those "RON RIVERA IS ALL GROWNS UP AND HE'S ALL GROWNS UP AND HE'S ALL GROWNS UP!" moments … only after the game, we found out that Rivera kept his offense on the field only because he mistakenly believed that they had gotten a first down on the previous play. I love the Ron Riv era so much. More, please.

ChanHuk

Banned
Well, I know I couldn't do it. Totally respect healthcare workers in general because they deal with some serious shit. They also deal with some serious stress. Plus, I knew some guys that were on a voluntary firefighter/EMT crew, and they had some wicked horror stories, and that was for a small town, so I can't imagine in a large city. Kudos to you. I'll keep making widgets.

I think the most fucked up thing I seen was a 7 year old that "hung herself", I didn't even realize 7 year olds comprehended what death is.

My biggest complaint with being an EMT is that here in California, we can legally be held over 2 hours past our end of shift without notice. Its hard to have a life when you got that hanging over you.

cajunator

Banned

♥
Im in charge of about 40 drivers and they seem to like me so I must be doing something right.

♥
Im in charge of about 40 drivers and they seem to like me so I must be doing something right.

image.php

ChanHuk

Banned
Damn. That's brutal.

Jesus.. don't think I could deal with that.

Well to top it off, they were able to get her back. So she was alive for a few days but obviously at that point you've been oxygen deprived for so long that you're brain dead. She died shortly after.

We had a 20 month old come into the ED on Thursday that got his finger chopped from a closing door at a preschool, it was hanging by maybe a millimeter of skin. The plastic surgeon reattached the finger, but it wasn't looking too good. Its likely they'll have to do the same surgery as that LB from the Cardinals.

now with patton out, it appears that baldwin will FINALLY get some playing time. i guess i can't complain too much about his lack of playing time in the first 4 weeks of the season. he came in really late and it's difficult for a WR to grasp things so quickly. i hope he is our starting WR opposite boldin. i don't expect baldwin to have any significant numbers but i feel he is much better equipped to handle blocking than kyle williams. also appears to have better hands and route running so i'm not sure why KW is starting. he has gotten open a few times but kap doesn't trust him and wont throw to him

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think some kid just died in that college game. Looked really bad. :(

e - He's moving his arms, so just ktfo, apparently.

ShaneB

No, but a guy just fumbled the ball on the very first play of the game and it was recovered by the opposing team and run in for a TD. Shenanigans in Canada.

For all those crazy CFL shenanigans, I don't mind it at all really, I just can't fully get into the league more because the huge field drives me bonkers :(

Banned
Hey guys. Never posted in the nfl threads before. I'm a Canadian from Toronto who somehow became a Titans fan.

Go Titans!

Fantomex

Hey guys. Never posted in the nfl threads before. I'm a Canadian from Toronto who somehow became a Titans fan.

Go Titans!

Awesome bro. Definitely need more Titans fans. Please keep this in mind, we mess around a lot, please dont take us too seriously.

Oh yeah, your Titans suck!

Banned
God damn.
Hahaha
jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

We finally found one!
A titans fan? Are there none on gaf? Or none in Canada?
avatar bet when the niners/titans play?
Sure, sounds like fun.
This is even stranger than Kave rooting for the Browns.
It's a strange story.

My first time ever watching nfl football was the Super Bowl between the titans and rams. I thought the titans were the Toronto argonauts because they both had double blue jerseys and they had a giant "T" on their helmets. So I decided to cheer for them (I was 11). The announcers kept saying tennesee and I was like "I'm an idiot but I still want to root for them" and I have followed them since then.

I was a huge fan of Kearse, McNair, George, Dyson. Sadly they never reached that level of greatness again but I still love them lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't have a clue if you're a fairweather fan or not, but is listing the start of your fandom as the year they were in the Super Bowl really the best attempt at a defense?
Hah, I meant the 2006 season, which was the start of their most recent slump not the start of my fandom. The 2005 season was when they took homefield advantage and got to the superbowl. After this things gradually became painful, starting with us losing the superbowl.

Been a Seahawks fan my whole life. Vaguely remember Warren Moon as our QB when I first learned of it. When I was like 8-10 I went to the Seahawks kids training thing they had in Spokane and afterwards some players would sign things for us. The only jersey I've gotten was a Jon Kitna one.

Been a Seahawks fan my whole life. Vaguely remember Warren Moon as our QB when I first learned of it. When I was like 8-10 I went to the Seahawks kids training thing they had in Spokane and afterwards some players would sign things for us. The only jersey I've gotten was a Jon Kitna one.

how happy were you when the seahawks won the superbowl?

Top Bottom