• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Godslay

Banned
Greek food for lunch again at work. Not bad at all, and then to the gym after I'm done eating.

As for the discussion earlier, I've always been a multisport kind of guy, Hockey, MMA, Football, Golf, baseball, basketball, etc etc. There isn't so much a sport I hate, but I just dont care at all about Soccer really. Plus I know I'm an odditity when I know how much I love MMA, but I hate fighting in Hockey. Wacky.

I love hockey fights, especially goalies. I used to love seeing Roy going at it.

Plus, how can you not love it when they do stuff like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxez4llQ_Yc

Sick as all heck right now. Being forced soup (which I hate).

Sounds like stripper flu.

DMczaf

Sick as all heck right now. Being forced soup (which I hate).

145484-425x282-sick_cat.jpg

ShaneB

I love hockey fights, especially goalies. I used to love seeing Roy going at it.

Plus, how can you not love it when they do stuff like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxez4llQ_Yc

I love physical play and big hits and all that good stuff, but fighting in hockey just feels ridiculous to me at this point. When I want fights I turn my attention to MMA. The best hockey isn't a game full of fights, it's a physical game, but it doesn't need fighting. If everytime a QB got sacked a fight broke out it would seem just as ridiculous.

But that's a rare opinion I know, so ah well *shrug*.

Off to the gym!

bionic77

Fixed, and also explains why you hate baseball.
Nah I stopped caring even when they were decent. I gave up on playing and following baseball early on. The pirates were more relevant than the Steelers at that point.

It's just a shitty sport. Even at 10 I knew it,

Godslay

Banned
I love physical play and big hits and all that good stuff, but fighting in hockey just feels ridiculous to me at this point. When I want fights I turn my attention to MMA. The best hockey isn't a game full of fights, it's a physical game, but it doesn't need fighting. If everytime a QB got sacked a fight broke out it would seem just as ridiculous.

But that's a rare opinion I know, so ah well *shrug*.

Off to the gym!

No problem with that. I think it just adds an additional element to it, that other sports don't have. Plus, who wouldn't want to see Peyton rush out, throw off his helmet, and put a beatdown on an opposing QB? :p

LJ11

Haven't had an opportunity to post much this week but thought I'd leave this here for anyone interested in EJ/Bills

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/9/26/4772898/bills-vs-ravens-2013-ej-manuel-vs-eight-man-pressure-fronts

Didn't rewatch the game myself, didn't have time, but watching live you saw how they just loaded the box and gave zero respect. Our interior OL got wrecked, as predicted, but EJ was pretty fucking stubborn all game long with good reason.

He had one on one matchups and couldn't do anything downfield, refused to take what was there, but the Jets were mind fucking him. They showed 8 man fronts but they bailed out. Rattled EJ but so did the poor interior OL play, specifically C.Brown.

G was always an undervalued position, not so much anymore. How can a QB do anything when he has a OL pushed right into his space, no room to move.

Fox318

Haven't had an opportunity to post much this week but thought I'd leave this here for anyone interested in EJ/Bills

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/9/26/4772898/bills-vs-ravens-2013-ej-manuel-vs-eight-man-pressure-fronts

Didn't rewatch the game myself, didn't have time, but watching live you saw how they just loaded the box and gave zero respect. Our interior OL got wrecked, as predicted, but EJ was pretty fucking stubborn all game long with good reason.

He had one on one matchups and couldn't do anything downfield, refused to take what was there, but the Jets were mind fucking him. They showed 8 man fronts but they bailed out. Rattled EJ but so did the poor interior OL play, specifically C.Brown.

G was always an undervalued position, not so much anymore. How can a QB do anything when he has a OL pushed right into his space, no room to move.
Thoughts on Pettine?

LJ11

Thoughts on Pettine?

He's fine, his players suck.

One true LB on this team. Everyone on the DL is banged up too, Kyle's achilles has been an issue for 3 years now. No depth on DL, no LBs, and a complete mess in the secondary. Safeties are just dumb, Rogers played poorly but his safeties made bad decisions behind him.

Hackett is another story however. No screens to the RB in the first three weeks, his run game design is laughable, it's comical. Doing some nice things in the pass game but his QB has to make the right reads.

Run game will be shit all year, these coaches were power and iso guys. Lets look at C.Martin's last big year with the Jets and Marrone as OL coach. It was power O and iso with a good bit of zone mixed in.

Now they transformed into a gun attack and it's basically some type of zone/zone read, it's truly trash.

Hunter S.

Got lost in a snowstorm on Mount Harvard yesterday. Fucken crazy clouds were so thick I could not see 20 feet. It was a great experience looking back. I must of fallen over 15 times. Not going to hike alone today that shit is dangerous at high altitude.

Never before have I ducked up pasta like today. Started off by buying the wrong flower, but didn't want to go back so I just tried it anyway.

It didn't work. Pasta was terrible, didn't roll it out enough either so was too thick and it looked like shit. Flavor was about as bad as it looked. And my whole fucking kitchen is a mess. Good thing my salmon was perfect as usual.

Still, hangovers are a bitch.

Hunter S.

Never before have I ducked up pasta like today. Started off by buying the wrong flower, but didn't want to go back so I just tried it anyway.

It didn't work. Pasta was terrible, didn't roll it out enough either so was too thick and it looked like shit. Flavor was about as bad as it looked. And my whole fucking kitchen is a mess. Good thing my salmon was perfect as usual.

Hungover myself. It was worth it. Microbrews, wine, and vodka, so good.

Lunchbox

Banned

what everyones just telling their life stories this morning?

well i was feeling charitable this morning, so i ran out and bought a $1800 tag for my wrist. helping out the local nordstorms stay in business

JABEE

what everyones just telling their stories this morning?

well i was feeling charitable this morning, so i ran out and bought a $1800 tag for my wrist. helping out the local nordstorms stay in business

Give the watch to Chan to prove your worth.

Tom Penny

I had pasta alla carbonarra for breakfast. Umm bacon.

jakncoke

Banned
So let me get this straight Lunchbox

You can afford a 1800 watch
But dont have nfl sunday ticket
nfl channel
can pay hundreds on 3rd rate seafood dinners
live in a state with detroit
live in a state where xbox one tour isnt hosting
paying 500 a week in taxes

This is how advanced your story has gotten right?

Idk if any of you have a pita pit around you? But I just got some, ordered a Dagwood ( chicken, ham, and prime rib) it's like a meat tornado in my mouth.
Edit: lmao jak

So let me get this straight Lunchbox

You can afford a 1800 watch
But dont have nfl sunday ticket
nfl channel
can pay hundreds on 3rd rate seafood dinners
live in a state with detroit
live in a state where xbox one tour isnt hosting
paying 500 a week in taxes

This is how advanced your story has gotten right?

also considers a fantasy football league with a $100 buy in a "High Roller" game.

Milchjon

Bionic's fried chicken talk made me go to KFC.
Don't hate.

Bionic's soccer talk made me throw up.

Also, getting paid to get drunk on the job is an underrated perk. So is scoring free 1.5l bottles of fine beer.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont think i'll ever wear a watch. I tried my dads on when younger, it just feels odd. Kinda like wearing a baseball cap or wearing sunglasses. I dont know maybe im too weird

Top Bottom