• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
NFL Gaf Bros (excluding you Godslay): any advice on washer/dryer? Never had to buy them before and man there are a lot of options.

bionic77

NFL Gaf Bros (excluding you Godslay): any advice on washer/dryer? Never had to buy them before and man there are a lot of options.
Don't spend too much money. I don't think they make reliable appliances anymore.

Get something that is front loading, and uses less water and energy.

I am not up to date on what is good because we bought ours years ago and that changes from year to year.

i3Dl9Wyabq41u.gif

Pretty unremarkable TD on its own except for the fact that this was the second consecutive time they ran the same play with Decastro pulling to the left. One bright spot on the season is Decastro. After taking out Pouncey he's really excelled, particularly as a pulling lineman.

So after much contemplation and several prayer breakfasts, I've decided that the Packers stink this year :(

Given the NFC, this still might mean the playoffs, though...

i3Dl9Wyabq41u.gif

Pretty unremarkable TD on its own except for the fact that this was the second consecutive time they ran the same play with Decastro pulling to the left. One bright spot on the season is Decastro. After taking out Pouncey he's really excelled, particularly as a pulling lineman.

lol what? the RB is basically in the endzone by the time decastro touches anyone. and the person he touches is his own man #85!

iFiBa2bH1Ab7r.gif

The one time Phil Simms makes a good point. AP doesn't cut back and it's a footrace between him and Timmons, one that AD will win guaranteed. Steelers were terribly undisciplined on the outside.

Kubiak compares Texans adversity now to what the 1994 Niners faced:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kubiak-recalls-how-super-bowl-winning-49ers-overcame-adversity

Matt Schaub to turn into Steve Young confirmed!

every year i see this comparison made for various teams. "niners got blown out 40-8 in week 2 and then won the superbowl! it can happen!"

the last time the comparison was made was by me to myself after we got blown out by the seahawks and then again the next week after we got blown out by the colts!

inH5hOmbpKaCd.gif

WOW at the size of the hole here. Linebackers had an awful game. This is the second time I noticed that Williams (#98) vacates his gap, but he's a rookie. What's Timmons excuse?

Who's 98?

Vince Williams. Rookie. Has potential but he needs to learn to square up before going for the tackle. That should have been a 3 yard gain at most.

MechDX

every year i see this comparison made for various teams. "niners got blown out 40-8 in week 2 and then won the superbowl! it can happen!"

the last time the comparison was made was by me to myself after we got blown out by the seahawks and then again the next week after we got blown out by the colts!

Damn you FMT its all we have left!
1380504302000-USP-NFL-Seattle-Seahawks-at-Houston-Texans.jpg

BigAT

iFiBa2bH1Ab7r.gif

The one time Phil Simms makes a good point. AP doesn't cut back and it's a footrace between him and Timmons, one that AD will win guaranteed. Steelers were terribly undisciplined on the outside.

Was this a 3rd/4th and short? Boy did they sell out against the run straight up the middle, absolutely no contain on the outside.

iJ93SM2OyL54f.gif

I've made a lot of excuses for Adams (#76), but this was ridiculous. Getting abused by Jared Allen, fine. Getting beaten badly inside by a chip from the Linebacker? Come on.

It's ironic, but Adams was the training camp/Preseason darling and Gilbert the goat. Now it seems Gilbert has solidified RT and Adams is benched.

jakncoke

Banned
"Also according to PFF only 2 starting LT's have played worse than Brown. The Giants LT and no surprise here Mike Adams of the Steelers has been the absolute worst."

If this isnt a troll post by someone im talking to. That means we have the worst and 3rd worst graded LT by PFF on our roster.

That also was a piss poor pass block by Bell

If this isnt a troll post by someone im talking to. That means we have the worst and 3rd worst graded LT by PFF on our roster.
...and you gave up a late round pick and are paying him 4.75 million dollars. I have to admit, I don't get the move by the Steelers. If understand wanting to bring in competition but surely there are cheaper ways of doing it?

jakncoke

Banned
...and you gave up a late round pick and are paying him 4.75 million dollars. I have to admit, I don't get the move by the Steelers. If understand wanting to bring in competition but surely there are cheaper ways of doing it?

Yeah its fucking stupid

Narag

Any more Bucs stories today?

When will the pain end?

Gruden, come back.

A comment on PFT said Schiano said he had concern for his safety anytime he crossed paths with Freeman in the team facilities. We can run with that, true or not.

Zeke

Fuck me Selvie might be out for sunday because of the concussion rules. Still no word on Austin shits gonna make a Cowboy's victory a lot harder.

It's a panic move. They don't have the answers and clearly don't know where to find them.

It's an expiring cap hit. There's no money owed after the end of the season. He's a rental for an 0-fer team.

Adams is young and has potential. Dude can't handle stunts and forgets to bring his hands, but he can play. Levi Brown was probably signed to keep Beachum on the bench for emergency situations - because if he goes down we are fucked for depth.

I understand the signing. What I don't understand is why Whimper is even on the team if he'll never see the field.

On that note:

it8NSXAE9Hdjy.gif

Adams again gets his hands thrown down and beat on the edge. Ben and Haley know his blind side is weak though so all the plays on this drive have Ben looking/moving right. Great catch and run by Cotch.

eznark

Banned
I missed this earlier:

Fox NFL Sunday analyst Terry Bradshaw did not hold back on Bucs demoted quarterback Josh Freeman: “I’m disappointed in Freeman,” Bradshaw said Sunday. “Coach [Greg] Schiano knew what kind of quarterback they had and they put him on a short leash from the beginning of the season. To be late for meetings as the quarterback is inexcusable. To miss the team picture that’s on a Saturday—how in the world does that happen? The fact that he didn’t put in the time to study and prepare himself just proves that they had to set him down. I’m disappointed in Josh for him wanting out so easily. Have you heard about fighting for your job? Have you heard of going in early and staying late? You dream of this opportunity when you are a child and to go to the side like this, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.”

Damn. Raw Dog Bradshaw going balls deep on the Taco King.

Godslay

Banned
Justin Houston is a better player now than Aldon Smith and Von Miller are at the moment. Sure Von and Aldon may have flashed more in the past, but I believe Houston has the most potential of the three and is showing that this season. It also helps that Houston is the only one that isn't a complete idiot. All the talent in the world won't do shit for you if you're suspended from the league.

And Aaron Rogders is the best in the league right now. It is known.

Dutch, I consider you a friend, but I think you are wrong here. Von and Aldon's ceiling is higher than Houston's. Houston is playing well, but he's getting fat off bad linemen. So yeah, he's outperforming them, cause they aren't playing. Fine me if need be.

On another note, it's nice to have someone do the work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom