• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
So open that if Romo had a bionic arm he wouldn't have got the pass through. Cool story mang.

Couple of things. One Quarterbacks don't read receivers as much as they read where the receivers route is going to end up.

0oIP1Ej.jpg

Escobar has leverage on the LB who is covering him and the nearest defender in the direction of the route is outside of Witten on top of the numbers. Witten appears to be running a seam route, so the that should drag the defender that is on Witten out of the space where Escobars route will end up.

If the defender that was on Witten sits ( I don't remember how much pull Witten had on that defender), the space between the end of the hash mark and the numbers is 15 yards. Even if Escobar was not open, with that much space Romo could have thrown Escobar open. But Escobar had leverage on his LB and with 15 yards of grass to throw into, it should have been an easy pitch and catch. They would have had a manageable 3rd down, the decision to throw that ball was sound.

By NFL standards Escobar was open.

Edit: Witten ran a corner route. I was mistaken because I heard Garrett and Romo talk about having a couple of receivers run some seams. Although it could have been a seam for Witten with the option to run a corner. The defender on Witten left just as the ball was thrown, but like I said, the space between the end of the the hash marks and the numbers is 15 yards. Ample space for a receiver that has leverage on his man.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return

Rest of tweet. I guess the RT I saw got cut off. 2nd rounder for a possible Dez Bryant talent with an Aldon Smith drinking problem?

h1nch

How does anyone not notice that Bronco completely laying out to make that INT? It's an amazing catch for a WR let alone a LB

Even more impressive considering that same Bronco injured his knee in practice last week and everyone thought he had torn a ligament (he said he heard a pop)

squicken

Pwill has played with a broken hand multiple times in his career. But then again he is a man

In Matthews defense he needs to be able to grab more than Willis does. Not as an insult, but Willis is a tackler. Matthews has to hand fight with offensive linemen then grab QBs as he is going full speed around them. I can't recall ever seeing anyone other than DBs or LBs playing with the club. Everyone else needs their hands

squicken

Except in your case you mean teams in the same league, so you never have to actually deal with loss at all.

We'll revisit this if Seattle ever gets another basketball team after you abandoned the Thunder. But for now, sorry to you Seahwaks who just found out that lil' wussell doesn't meet the minimum requirements for franchise QB

Godslay

Banned
In Matthews defense he needs to be able to grab more than Willis does. Not as an insult, but Willis is a tackler. Matthews has to hand fight with offensive linemen then grab QBs as he is going full speed around them. I can't recall ever seeing anyone other than DBs or LBs playing with the club. Everyone else needs their hands

Miller played with a club. Slightly different positions in different base sets, but same idea.

cdyhybrid

We'll revisit this if Seattle ever gets another basketball team after you abandoned the Thunder. But for now, sorry to you Seahwaks who just found out that lil' wussell doesn't meet the minimum requirements for franchise QB

How can you abandon a team that you never rooted for?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What the hell does this have to do with what I said? I'm saying the reason why rooting for multiple teams as you do undercuts your message, is that you can always lean on the one that's coming through instead of having to actually deal with your one team coming up short. You're a disgrace of a fan.

squicken

What the hell does this have to do with what I said? I'm saying the reason why rooting for multiple teams as you do undercuts your message, is that you can always lean on the one that's coming through instead of having to actually deal with your one team coming up short. You're a disgrace of a fan.

It's funny. captive and now you coming after me as a fan. You'd think grown ups whose football teams just lost could properly place the blame for their sadness, and not sling it on me

cdyhybrid

It's funny. captive and now you coming after me as a fan. You'd think grown ups whose football teams just lost could properly place the blame for their sadness, and not sling it on me

squicken pls

You're the one who brought up the Sonics/Thunder out of left field. Sorry you can't troll as you please without getting called on it. By that logic you should be a Titans fan right now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Did you or did you not type this into your keyboard or other text input device:

"You people need to learn to lose with dignity. I've rooted for shit ass teams forever and I'm not dumping on everything!"

If so, then the bottom line is that you're full of shit.

Narag

I think the Texans guys should be allowed to squicken so long as they've followed Houston football since the Oilers days. They never asked for this, etc.

oneHeero

That was shit decision and also doesn't excuse taking a sack on the previous play when he clearly had time to throw the ball way. He put himself in that position to begin with.

lol yea right. Guy has the best game of his career, puts up 5 TDs, 500+ yds, but it's his fault the Broncos were capable of scoring 51 pts and the loss is on him given what you can see in the gif.

you guys are the biggest haters lol. I love reading it, comes off as bitter even when the cowboys lose.

:( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom