• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62413842/

Having watched film of all 18 of Tannehill's sacks, plus a bunch of the near misses, Game Riffs can offer the following advice to keep Tannehill and the Dolphins out of the record books.

Asking right tackle Tyson Clabo to block quality pass-rushers at this point in his career is a bad idea.

Tying your pass protection in knots so Clabo doesn't block those pass rushers is a worse idea. Charles Clay cutting Robert Mathis at the line, then running a pass route? Bad idea. Rookie tight end Dion Sims versus Osi Umenyiora? It should go without saying, but bad idea.

Inside stunts give the guards fits, and neither running back is making a name for himself in blitz pickup.

The Dolphins probably figured this out 45 minutes into training camp, and pointing it out now feels like rubbing it in, but Jonathan Martin was not really ready to slide over to left tackle.
Tannehill's pocket clock has got to speed up a little, since problems a, c, and d will not solve themselves easily.

That's quite a to-do list, but the Dolphins had better get ready, because they have not really faced an outstanding pass rush yet (although the Browns are getting there). Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil could keep Tannehill on schedule to break a record. That would be terrible, because you have to think really, really hard to remember the days when you were really excited about the future of David Carr.

Fox318

IjTlIgv.jpg

I think I might have this card.

jakncoke

Banned
jakky I thought you were a welder by trade. Weren't you saying something about finishing your schooling then doing that full time? What happened?

Life keeps throwing me curveballs and I keep swinging and missing like Pedro Alvarez. I want to do that, but effectively have done 0 schooling for it so far in life. Thankfully I live in age where we'll all be active into our 80s so i have 55 years to get that done!!!

squicken

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete
Colin Kaepernick's accuracy on Deep Passes (20+ yds downfield) has plummeted from an NFL-best 60.6% in 2012 to 31.3% in 2013.

Cosell was talking about Kap on the Fantasy Guru Podcast. His thought was they got a little too excited by the GB game and gave him too much responsibility, and going forward they will get back to basing the offense around the power run game with Gore. No great revelation but the stats show his struggles

Kacar

Feel bad for Hoyer, I'm definitely not on the Weeden train. Our offense is just gonna have to play smart. Defense is gonna have to be lights out.

I don't hate Weeden but he's obviously not the answer for the future.

Interesting at least!

LevelNth

Banned
Cosell was talking about Kap on the Fantasy Guru Podcast. His thought was they got a little too excited by the GB game and gave him too much responsibility, and going forward they will get back to basing the offense around the power run game with Gore. No great revelation but the stats show his struggles
I've gone back and watched A LOT more of the SEA and IND games as well, and while I agree that Kap has struggled, I also have a new found disdain for how poor Roman called both of those games, and how poorly Kyle Williams was playing.

The lack of separation Williams was getting was clearly stifling Kap, and after plays where he looked for him then looked off (clearly never open) the next few you could see him dial into Boldin or Vernon and not look off.

This only got worse in the IND game when Vernon was out.

Roman is a genius for complicated runs. He is subpar if not bottom 10 in the league for passing plays.

Bread

Banned
this is why you can't have nice things, browns gaf. poor hoyer has been corrupted by cleveland, he will never be the same.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I've never seen a team miss a wr as much as SF misses Crabcakes. When I was doing my SB breakdown last year, he was eating man-to-man coverages for lunch and he and Kaep had great timing together.

jakncoke

Banned
Mike Adams is bad.

Flozell Adams bad.

We got rid of Flozell, Its Mike Adams who is simply terrible. Nearly the worst graded tackle in the league by PFF grades.

edit; man what. How does that happen. How did your edit show up when I quoted you before you edited lol.

Mifune

Mehmber
Terrible news about Hoyer. I feel for the guy and Browns fans. I don't think Cleveland's D is good enough to make up for his loss. They won't be facing Jeff Tuel every week.

squicken

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
For the #Browns, the worst case scenario for the 2013 season wasn't 0-16 or 1-15, it's 7-9 or 8-8 and a middle-of-the-road 1st round pick

Do Browns fans disagree with this? I'm not sure tanking is ever the best way except for in basketball

Striker

It looks like Chris Snee is officially headed to IR today. Surgery on his hip looks to be the reason. He's been a rock for us for years and his prime he was a beast but I think its time he retire. He hasn't been the same player for nearly 3 seasons now.

One more spot needs to be opened up for Will Hill.
Reportedly is gonna be TE Adrien Robinson. :\

Also,

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 1m

Out: Ross, Hosley, Joseph, Robinson, Baas and Snee. Doubtful: Webster #nyg
So welcome aboard, Jonathan Hankins and likely Charles James. May see Cullen Jenkins in, but limited. He is listed as questionable.

eznark

Banned
Do Browns fans disagree with this? I'm not sure tanking is ever the best way except for in basketball

I certainly disagree. They have the ammunition to get whatever draft pick they want. They can win a few games, make themselves attractive to free agents, and still overspend on a top 5 pick should they so desire.

Bowser

I disagree (with the notion that 7-9/8-8 is bad). You can certainly find great talent in the mid-first (hell, Panthers have drafted Kuechly and Lotulelei with #9 and #14 respectively and they both look like home run picks). At some point, you can't just keep tanking the season - you have to give the fans a reason to care/show up.

Any group of coaches that makes overarching schematic decisions based on a game against the Packers D is just not a very smart one

Mifune

Mehmber
Such a good pick. Manny Lawson is playing well, too.

Well enough, I should say. Defense is building something solid. Secondary is still patchwork but I can't be mad at it. Safety play needs to be much better.

Defense is strong. If Byrd and Gilmore are back next week, secondary should get tighter. Unfortunately there's the whole QB problem.

Sounds like Manuel out for a few weeks at least.

Motherfuck I just had Breaking Bad spoiled for me. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happened to me on Twitter too, luckily it was just the last episode, but still irked me. Anyway that sucks, I'd say it's still worth watching.

squicken

Any group of coaches that makes overarching schematic decisions based on a game against the Packers D is just not a very smart one

I read some pretty glowing reports of Shields' coverage on AJ Green. I just think SF is their Kryptonite. I see 3 or 4 gravy covered gifts this weekend for you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom