• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Damn, you know its bad when Dwight Howard is joking on ya ass

If Schuab throws a pick 6 on SNF he really should not come back and stay in SF for his own safety. These "fans" here have gone completely nuts. Screaming for Keenum at this point is crazy, you do that and you basically concede the season. Un;ess Case is Brady 2.0 which is crazy to think or wish for.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/10/03/2820103/drafted-74-picks-apart-wilson.html

“Russell throws the ball more like a baseball player,” Baldwin said. “Andrew likes to put more touch on it, Russell likes to throw it with more zip. Get it there so the receiver can make more plays with the feet. I think Andrew just likes to get it there in an appropriate manner of time.

“They’re both good techniques, just different styles.”

Wilson’s height leads to a unique delivery of the ball. It’s one that is tougher for Baldwin than if it is arched from a the long arm of a 6-foot-4 man. But one that is also more difficult for defenders.

Defensive backs can’t see Wilson behind the monoliths on the offensive line. When Wilson is scrambling, things become even more difficult for the secondary. At times, the backfield defenders don’t know that Wilson has left the pocket. They also have a harder time reading a shorter quarterback’s read progressions.

“When you can’t see the quarterback you don’t know where the ball is coming from, you don’t know who he’s looking at, you just see it fly out of there out of nowhere,” Sherman said.

“You have to play the blur of the ball,” Seahawks safety Earl Thomas said. “I like taller quarterbacks because you can definitely see their mechanics.”
Heh, interesting.

Colasante

Stupid Roddy White. Stats are for losers. Wanted his consecutive start streak so bad he suffered a setback against the Patriots.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
Cleveland Browns have no interest in quarterback Josh Freeman, waived by Bucs dlvr.it/44wFkC
:)
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports the Browns will meet with free agent QB Tyler Thigpen on Friday night.
Brian Hoyer (ACL tear) is headed to injured reserve, so Thigpen could push Jason Campbell to be Brandon Weeden's backup. 29 years old, Thigpen drew light interest from the Raiders, Seahawks, and Dolphins this offseason.
THIGPENING!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think the Texans should call Freeman, too. Put Schoob on notice. Fatman may suck, but I'm sure he can hand the ball off and lob passes to AJ.

MechDX

I think the Texans should call Freeman, too. Put Schoob on notice. Fatman may suck, but I'm sure he can hand the ball off and lob passes to AJ.

So another Schaub. That's one of his problems: all these damn weapons and he only seems to throw to Dre and OD majority of the time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Right. I'm not saying sign him and start him, I'm saying sign him and use him as motivation. Not an upgrade, just a very real threat.

Dolphins have 9 players on the injury report and they are all defenders. So weird, haha. It seems like both of the rookie CB's are finally healthy but three other CB's are nursing injuries (thankfully Grimes isn't one of them). Four LB's (including Ellerbee) are also on the report.

I really hope Wake plays Sunday.

Fox318

YqGrw04.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
By the way, the Browns' vaunted run D is overrated. Gimpy Spiller, Gimpy Jackson, and Tashard Choice ran all over them.

Until Manuel got hurt and they could stack the box.

Keep believing that if it makes you feel good.

Spiller had one fantastic run.

So many great 1 PM games Sunday:

New Orleans / Chicago
New England / Cincinnati
Detroit / Green Bay
Kansas City / Tennessee
Seattle / Indy
Baltimore / Miami

I am very interested in all of those.

Gobias

Banned
I should have seen a season ending injury to Hoyer happening. Everything was just too happy.

Please don't fuck up this season too bad, Weeden.

Bowser

Beason passed his physical and is officially a Giant. He will participate in walkthrough tomorrow and it's possible he's active on Sunday.

BigAT

Beason passed his physical and is officially a Giant. He will participate in walkthrough tomorrow and it's possible he's active on Sunday.

There's a good chance he'll be active just because the Giants won't have to make any healthy scratches on Sunday with all the injuries they have. Whether or not he actually plays many snaps is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom