• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do Browns fans disagree with this? I'm not sure tanking is ever the best way except for in basketball

Unless the Front Office manages to trade away every single playmaker we have on both offense and defense there is no way they can tank this season. They've already proved that after the Trent trade. This team isn't going to quit.

The only thing that could be disheartening is just not having a top pick so you have your choice of which QB you want. We will probably have to settle for the 2nd or 3rd "best" QB in the draft as opposed to picking the one we really want.

Finishing 8-8 could very well win this division and then would it be so terrible?

The Browns should sign Freeman, draft a QB in next year's draft, and trade/release Weeden. Roll next year with Freeman/Hoyer as your starter/backup and develop the rookie behind them.

Weeden leaving Cleveland would be best for everyone. Most of the fans have no faith in him, and Brandon knows Lombardi and Banner are itching to erase every vestige of the Holmgren era.

Sup.

Actually, I think they'll be fine with him as long as they adjust to his strengths. More downfield routes, better protection (which was definitely the case with Lauvao back), and a better running game (last night was better than what they got in the first two games of the season).

Both of their second half TD drives were driven by him. He made good throws when he had protection and open receivers, and he avoided making big mistakes when he didn't.

Nobody's gonna mistake him for Tom Brady, but he's not Ryan Leaf either.

I don't think they should go for Freeman. What's the point? He wouldn't win a Super Bowl without a historic defense. I think the Browns should keep on doing what they are doing. Draft high quality players and hope that a QB they like falls their way.

ShaneB

Happened to me on Twitter too, luckily it was just the last episode, but still irked me. Anyway that sucks, I'd say it's still worth watching.

Thankfully it's nothing too specific, just the fates of a couple of characters, which still sucks and completely ruins any sort of tension of scenes those characters are in. Oh well. Still will enjoy getting to the end I guess.God dammit regardless.

Spoiler: Walt Jr eats breakfast.

Don't tell me if the breakfast is poison!

This was the play that lost the game, in my opinion:

intxfss0.gif

Worst throw Tannehill has made all year. Look at how badly he stares down Hartline. The CB and S both broke on the route it was so awful. He's obviously still young...

I read some pretty glowing reports of Shields' coverage on AJ Green. I just think SF is their Kryptonite. I see 3 or 4 gravy covered gifts this weekend for you guys

Sam Shields was amazing last game. Really impressive. I havent had a chance to rewatch it, so I'm not sure if they were matching Sam against AJ the whole game but they managed to shut him down for 3 quarters. Shields has had had flashes of brilliance before and then hes had his lapses. I think our corners are good. We need our Burnett back at safety and we need Mike Neal to keep improving as an OLB (since Perry seems totally useless) or we'll be no better this year against the pass though.

Mindlog

There must be a circumstance in which Freeman can return to his successful form. Why not take a flyer on that if this season is a wash anyway?

Bucs lost to Pats.
Bolts lost to Bruins.
Third time is the charm, Afternoon baseball, Go Rays!

TNF should be Monday Afternoon.

Trey

intxfss0.gif

Worst throw Tannehill has made all year. Look at how badly he stares down Hartline. The CB and S both broke on the route it was so awful. He's obviously still young...

This is a Tuel level throw.

Guess I should get used to seeing this for the next three weeks or so. Especially going up against the Bengals and Dolphins.

Mifune

Mehmber
This is a Tuel level throw.

Guess I should get used to seeing this for the next three weeks or so. Especially going up against the Bengals and Dolphins.

Yep.

They're looking to get another QB though. Why not take a flier on Freeman?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
how do you have the ending to breaking bad spoiled for you?

either watch the damn show, or pretty much stay off the internet.

Trey

Yep.

They're looking to get another QB though. Why not take a flier on Freeman?

I wouldn't. Freeman doesn’t strike me as a stop gap kind of player - he'd be competing for the starting job, and the gig is Manuel's straight up. At this point we should get a backup for Tuel and hope the receivers get healthy. He can only improve as his first team reps increase.

Mifune

Mehmber
I wouldn't. Freeman doesn’t strike me as a stop gap kind of player - he'd be competing for the starting job, and the gig is Manuel's straight up. At this point we should get a backup for Tuel and hope the receivers get healthy. He can only improve as his first team reps increase.

You're probably right. We should have kept Tarvaris Jackson. He at least had some pro experience.

intxfss0.gif

Man that's terrible, but he's still growing. I think I'll rewatch the games this weekend to see how he's doing. I really think he's shown a lot of improvement since early last year and better than any other QB we've had in a long time.

What do you see in Tuel that is valuable?

Tuel was terrible last night, one of the worst qbs I've seen play in an NFL game over the years.

No arm strength, stared down receivers last night (notably on the pick 6) and displayed terrible whiny body language on the sideline.

He looked like the UFDA that he is.

I dont care that he was half decent in the preseason.

He'll get his chance again by default but the Bills would have been wise to have a better backup for EJ once Kolb went down.

I see no hope in Tuel time.

Mifune

Mehmber
What do you see in Tuel that is valuable?

Tuel was terrible last night, one of the worst qbs I've seen play in an NFL game over the years.

No arm strength, stared down receivers last night (notably on the pick 6) and displayed terrible whiny body language on the sideline.

He looked like the UFDA that he is.

I dont care that he was half decent in the preseason.

He'll get his chance again by default but the Bills would have been wise to have a better backup for EJ once Kolb went down.

I see no hope in Tuel time.

Oh yeah, I hated seeing him whine to the refs about non-calls too. Not a good look, rook.

For any of you brahs interested in Destiny, I saw Amazon was giving away Beta codes with preorders. Preordered the ps4 version and got a code yesterday. I'll probably eventually cancel the preorder if I find a discount for it some place else.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do Browns fans disagree with this? I'm not sure tanking is ever the best way except for in basketball

Not sure how any fans disagree with that.

Being 7-9 is the absolute worst. You get a crappy draft pick and you don't get the dignity of making the playoffs.

Mifune

Mehmber
By the way, the Browns' vaunted run D is overrated. Gimpy Spiller, Gimpy Jackson, and Tashard Choice ran all over them.

Until Manuel got hurt and they could stack the box.

For any of you brahs interested in Destiny, I saw Amazon was giving away Beta codes with preorders. Preordered the ps4 version and got a code yesterday. I'll probably eventually cancel the preorder if I find a discount for it some place else.

The thing about games like Destiny is that I never want to replay the early parts of the game where your character is weak and powerless. I feel that's what the Beta will be.

Not sure how any fans disagree with that.

Being 7-9 is the absolute worst. You get a crappy draft pick and you don't get the dignity of making the playoffs.

But its not basketball where the drafts are so top-heavy (with the exception of this year's draft where the talent level was generally low across the board) that you unless find a top 5 talent, you're stuck with some shitty never pan out European. In football, great talent can be found all the way down the line.

7-9 is a much better place to be in the NFL than .500 in the NBA.

Man that's terrible, but he's still growing. I think I'll rewatch the games this weekend to see how he's doing. I really think he's shown a lot of improvement since early last year and better than any other QB we've had in a long time.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I'm still a huge Tannehill fan and I think he can be great if he gets a few issues ironed out. This was a tough game for him but even still there were plenty of bright spots, like the TD drive immediately following the one after his fumble and the TD drive in the second half finished off with a beautiful touch pass to Clay. He also looked more comfortable stepping up and running with the ball in this game.

Hopefully we'll see a nice rebound game against the Ravens!

The Giants, a team in terrible need of an ILB passed him up for a rookie DT (Kiko was taken #46, Hankins #49) that has yet to dress for a game.

It looks like he finally will out of necessity thanks to injury while we send a 7th rounder to Carolina for a busted up backup ILB.

*sigh*

The Giants, a team in terrible need of an ILB passed him up for a rookie DT (Kiko was taken #46, Hankins #49) that has yet to dress for a game.

It looks like he finally will out of necessity thanks to injury while we send a 7th rounder to Carolina for a busted up backup.

*sigh*

It saddens me to read this knowing its probably true.

Four years ago, Beason was right there as one of the best mike backers in the game (maybe the best behind Willis)

Bowser

It saddens me to read this knowing its probably true.

Four years ago, Beason was right there as one of the best mike backers in the game (maybe the best behind Willis)

Honestly think he will start for NYG. He's a shell of his former self, but that shell is better than Herzlich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom