• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Some quick stats on the Ed Reed effect:

PDS ‏@PatDStat 4m
Two games with Reed. 4 pass attempts over 20 yards plus, 0 to middle and 1 to right of the field. 126 passing yards a game. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 4m
Two games without Reed,11 pass attempts over 20 yards plus, 2 to middle and 3 right of the field. 231.5 passing yards a game. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 5m
Also no one wants to recognize what Ed Reed has done in his two games, because he is not filling up the stat sheet. #Texans

squicken

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/the-doomed-flight-of-air-farce-freeman/

Good post on why the Freeman buzz is more farce than relevance

Coverage of the flights of Air Farce One is farcical because we should all know that the meaningful careers of these failed prospects are over. Look at how many of them left town under suspicion of immaturity, insubordination, or worse: Harrington, Leinart, Young, McNown, Russell, and now Freeman. Even if many of the conflicts and allegations were the faults of these quarterback’s coaches – there are lots of Bobby Petrino and Greg Schiano types lurking behind the players on the list above — we are left prospects who spent three-to-five seasons soaking up bad coaching in bad organizations, which may be worse than being a bad apple.

No quarterback has ever flown Air Farce One in search of a second chance. They all received multiple second chances with the teams that drafted them. January-through-September was Freeman’s second chance. Was it a fair chance? Not as fair as it could have been, but fairer than any chance he will get from now on. Despite Greg Schiano’s accelerating Richard III complex and the chaos in Tampa, Freeman got an offseason of starter’s reps and three full games to rise above the fray. He did not rise. He will never get such an opportunity again, and therefore will never rise again.

As a prospect, Freeman is now in line behind Manuel and other rookies, not to mention a strong crop of college quarterbacks. As a backup, he’s behind the professional backups, Bruce Gradkowski, Shaun Hill, Tarvaris Jackson Campbell and Carr, and others who have made showing up on time, staying in shape, and not kicking a fuss into a marketable skillset. Freeman, like so many of the others on the list above, now has a reputation for being 0-for-3 in those skills. When he gets another job, he will be beset on all sides.

witness

I really hope Brees doesn't lose his mind this game. I really hope our D can stop the run.

I have been having a bad feeling about this game all week, like a 3 INT game along with a some fumbles. Really hope I am wrong, but I'm not expecting a good outcome.

Just heard the news about Megatron on the radio. I screamed out "YES" in my car. Good news for GB fans like myself, plus I was gonna play against him in fantasy.

jbug617

Banned
Jacksonville is stupid. Cleveland had a better offer for Monroe than Baltimore. Browns offer a 3rd and would eat all of the contract.

Vikings after freeman
:jnc

tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

Colasante

Jacksonville is stupid. Cleveland had a better offer for Monroe than Baltimore. Browns offer a 3rd and would eat all of the contract.

Apparently Baltimore called with the offer and Jacksonville accepted without shopping Monroe around. With all of the tackle needy teams around the league, that's just unacceptable for a GM. Probably could have gotten much better compensation.

Congrats, Pack.

Go enjoy your afternoon. No need to watch the game.

BTW, I expect Rdgers should throw about 10 TDs and Stafford will throw 5 Pick-6s.

I wish I was kidding because this team is lost without Megatron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom