• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ponder-freeman-vikings-starter1.jpg

FAT BIKE!

FAT BIKE!

FAT BIKE!

I was looking for a enormous blob on the sidelines and didn't see one taking half the sideline, so Freeman must not have hit up any Minnesota Taco Bells yet.

ShaneB

I took a couple of panorama shots at Arrowhead yesterday. I posted one while the thread was moving at hyper speed yesterday, but here's the other one that I think looks better anyway:

null_zps74478b1c.jpg

What a game that was. My ears are still ringing a little bit.

Why would anyone want a dome stadium?? Great pic.

KingGondo

Banned
I wouldn't touch Manziel personally. Not because of off the field stuff but because of the way he plays. He doesn't read defenses. He reacts to them. He depends on his athleticism to buy him time to find an open guy. That's like, perfect for college football. He's a better athlete than most on the other side of the ball, has a solid arm and seems super accurate given the circumstances under which he throws.

However, I don't buy that it will translate. At least not into a "special" quarterback. He won't be a flat better athlete than everyone. He won't always be able to buy time. Red zone lobs falling backwards into triple coverage will not end well. He'll have to learn how to read a defense and I just don't think he has the mental capacity (discipline, attention span, dedication, etc.) to do it. That's obviously highly speculative and he is a really young kid still so I don't put a lot of stock into that part but it's still concerning. Not a lot of people taste fantastic success early in their lives and still recognize and improve upon their weaknesses.

If he had a special arm or special speed I'd probably be higher on him, but his only "special" skill really is his elusiveness and that just won't translate as effectively to the next level.

Cola, why am I wrong? (I know you love this kid).
These are good points. There are definitely safer NFL-style QB prospects available, like Hundley or Aaron Murray. I was just super-impressed with Manziel's play on Saturday @ Ole Miss. He's just such a blast to watch.

This is actually a great draft for QBs.

eznark

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I love watching Manziel. He's a ballsy fucking player and he can throw a football. I wish he would stick around and play out his college career. When he killed that guy on the final drive...sheesh!

Get Murray with a good QB coach? Man I'd like to see that. I love Boyd too but LJ hates him so I don't know what to think!

Miguel

It's always fun when the team starts spiraling out of control.

Kevin Walters is no longer here, but Owen Daniel, and Matt Schwab always make appearances on sports radio. Adrian Foster too the past few years, and a new challenger has entered. JJ Watts.

squicken

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Manziel. He's a ballsy fucking player and he can throw a football. I wish he would stick around and play out his college career. When he killed that guy on the final drive...sheesh!

Get Murray with a good QB coach? Man I'd like to see that. I love Boyd too but LJ hates him so I don't know what to think!

I love watching Manziel but you aren't wrong. It'd be great if the NCAA let the players do endorsements. He could stay in school, make (more) money and then go flame out in the pros

bionic77

He'll have an easy start next week against the Giants. Can't believe that's the Monday night game.:jnc

I expect Peterson to completely destroy our linebackers.
AP ran all over us and made it look easy. You guys might have a better defense than us so I don't expect you to look as bad (should be easy to do). He made our guys look like they were too old to play professional football.

Oh wait...

gutshot

These are good points. There are definitely safer NFL-style QB prospects available, like Hundley or Aaron Murray. I was just super-impressed with Manziel's play on Saturday @ Ole Miss. He's just such a blast to watch.

This is actually a great draft for QBs.

As long as you let Mariota fall to the Eagles, it's all good.

Won't be in same division and needs to be a contender who can afford him. Counts out Denver and Seattle. Leaves the Pats and they have a huge need for WR

We'll take him. Riley Cooper had his one good game a year, so he'll return to being worthless for the rest of this season.

Godslay

Banned
So is there no more race to 1800 tracker for Bush? He's at 637 right now

Well I was tracking it, but you said I was a GameFAQs like poster, so I took my ball home. I was joking about saying you were kas' alt.

Plus the charts were never updated. If someone updates the charts, I'll put them up on the site and in the OT tonight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well I was tracking it, but you said I was a GameFAQs like poster, so I took my ball home. I was joking about saying you were kas' alt.

Plus the charts were never updated. If someone updates the charts, I'll put them up on the site and in the OT tonight.

It gets updated, usually later in the week when someone has time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So with today being Canadian Thanksgiving I can say despite the sadness they have brought me I am thankful that I found the Cleveland Browns. They allowed me to love this sport called football and to find all of you...even gata.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's always fun when the team starts spiraling out of control.

Kevin Walters is no longer here, but Owen Daniel, and Matt Schwab always make appearances on sports radio. Adrian Foster too the past few years, and a new challenger has entered. JJ Watts.
how high are you right now?

Time to trade Dre to a contender. Guy just deserves it. And though it pains me to say it...New England...

are you getting high with him?

I'd rather see him take the time he needs than break that arm again on the first play.

Of course, knowing our luck this year, he'll do both.

He's been getting hit and killing in practices for weeks. The season really begins now. Hopefully he shows up in at least one of the next 2 games considering their importance. Even if they ease him in in the Red area the 1st game he has to be accounted for.

I've read about Gronk beasting it out in practice. Hope he stays healthy from now on.

For the record Mech, Pats would welcome Andre with pleasure :p

Tom Penny

Time to trade Dre to a contender. Guy just deserves it. And though it pains me to say it...New England...

LOL Ravens wouldn't even trade Boldin in the AFC and you think Dre is going to an AFC team if they did a trade? Yeah right. The Richardson trade was the big trade of the year anyway...

I wouldn't touch Manziel personally. Not because of off the field stuff but because of the way he plays. He doesn't read defenses. He reacts to them. He depends on his athleticism to buy him time to find an open guy. That's like, perfect for college football. He's a better athlete than most on the other side of the ball, has a solid arm and seems super accurate given the circumstances under which he throws.

However, I don't buy that it will translate. At least not into a "special" quarterback. He won't be a flat better athlete than everyone. He won't always be able to buy time. Red zone lobs falling backwards into triple coverage will not end well. He'll have to learn how to read a defense and I just don't think he has the mental capacity (discipline, attention span, dedication, etc.) to do it. That's obviously highly speculative and he is a really young kid still so I don't put a lot of stock into that part but it's still concerning. Not a lot of people taste fantastic success early in their lives and still recognize and improve upon their weaknesses.

If he had a special arm or special speed I'd probably be higher on him, but his only "special" skill really is his elusiveness and that just won't translate as effectively to the next level.

Cola, why am I wrong? (I know you love this kid).

Your probably right but god damn is it fun watching him play in college.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
How long until all the Texans fans revert back to being Cowboys fans?

uh yea, this has never happened. Actually, it has, it was worthless cowboys fans converting over to Texans fans. We have two in my office alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom