• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

So with today being Canadian Thanksgiving I can say despite the sadness they have brought me I am thankful that I found the Cleveland Browns. They allowed me to love this sport called football and to find all of you...even gata.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Sir :)

I ate far too much food yesterday and far too much cake, but all is well! Maybe next year I will actually celebrate thanksgiving surrounded by people who like Football :p

Now I am debating going to see Gravity (debating because I hate 3d/can't see it, and I'm not finding any 2d listings), bah. Or perhaps just start marathoning season 5 of Breaking Bad.

rando14

Happy thanksgiving to my Canadian brothers!

What's the point? Romo is just a better version of Schaub.

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

Godslay

Banned
Cool I apologize for comparing you to the scum that is on GameFAQs(I still post there also lol)

It's all good. I apologize too, if you took offense to being called Kas' alt. Kas is my bud, so it wasn't an insult. More of a play on your enthusiasm.

Off to work...

Miguel

how high are you right now?

are you getting high with him?

You should listen to "disaster mode" sports radio more often. All the angry lifelongs call in talking about how Schwab and Adrian Foster need to do better and how Owen Daniel sucked (alternative, Daniel Owens). Back in the day, Kevin Walters (must have stolen the s off of Owen's last name) used to be the offensive scapegoat.

JJ Watts is this year's lifelong misspelled/misspoken name.

It's all good. I apologize too, if you took offense to being called Kas' alt. Kas is my bud, so it wasn't an insult. More of a play on your enthusiasm.

Off to work...

Yeah Kas is cool. He was the only Lions fan that wasn't always bashing the team. I however don't respect Doorman and Plinko though it's like they want them to fail. The other guy with the Bush avatar seem pretty level headed though so he seems cool.

squicken

I am re-posting this b/c it is a Rams first round pick doing something good

isB6dk7pIpsEk.gif

Also it's time to sit Duane Brown if he is that hurt

exarkun

How long until all the Texans fans revert back to being Cowboys fans?

Ive seen your fans in action. Probably the most paranoid fans Ive ever met, always thinking someone is talking bad about the cowboys. Biggest bandwagon fans still goes to the Pats, but you guys are close.

Id rather become a fan of the Mavs, but our team is so much better!

Tom Penny

Texans fans are funny. For weeks they use Schaub as a scapegoat but who's to blame when all 3 phases play horrific against a great team like the Rams? You can't replace everyone.

Woooo!!! Jests, bills, ravens and browns all lose marking a successful bye week for Miami! Of course Mrs Brady and her bunch had to ruin it but still pretty good week!

Ha - Steelers Beat writers think Levi Brown is done for the season.

First round bust, gets signed for a 1 year peanut contract, comes in, immediately rips Haley, then gets a season ending injury in warmups prior to ever taking a snap for his new team.

Hope he got a Uni degree, his NFL career is over.

Woooo!!! Jests, bills, ravens and browns all lose marking a successful bye week for Miami! Of course Mrs Brady and her bunch had to ruin it but still pretty good week!
I can't pull for the Browns to lose. Like us they have been through a lot. I would trade all of those losses away for a Pats loss because let's be honest, they are the only real competition in the AFC East. Plus, if they are going to beat teams like the Saints they could easily go something like 12-4 which the Dolphins will not touch.

Then again, I don't know if I could have handled another week of the Jets winning...

Apparently someone didn't sleep on the Jags.

The Denver Broncos didn't destroy the Jacksonville Jaguars, as many predicted they would, winning Sunday by "just" 16 points, 35-19. On two separate occasions, the Jaguars got within two points of the 6-0 Broncos, leading some fans to boo.

Peyton Manning was a little testy after the game about how people, perhaps even some within the Broncos' facility, dismissed the Jaguars' defense.

"Sometimes, you score a lot of points and people take it for granted," Manning said, per The Associated Press. "Even people in your own building can take it for granted. It's not easy to win football games. I learned a long time ago, don't take winning for granted."

Manning was particularly "snappy," as KCNC-TV's Vic Lombardi put it, when asked why he didn't dive after two fumbled snaps (we're assuming the reporter who asked the question was trying to insinuate that Manning didn't go all out, either).

"Don't generalize about that based on one game," Manning said.

Despite some offensive miscues, the Denver defense was the true concern. It got lit up by Justin Blackmon and allowed Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne to throw for 303 yards. Getting Von Miller back next week from his six-game suspension will be a big boost, but the 32nd-ranked pass defense needs to improve on the back end as well.

We've come to expect perfection from Manning-led teams, and the sloppy game from the Broncos was a surprise. But players are human, and they no doubt heard all week about how big they were going to win.

Manning, for his part, will take the perfect record, despite the imperfect game.

"I learned long ago never to take winning for granted, and sometimes you have to remind your own players that it's tough to win in the NFL," Manning said.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...on-manning-testy-after-denver-broncos-victory

Hopefully he'll keep this team from getting a big head. As if the one-and-done shouldn't have done that already.

32nd ranked pass defense though...

jbug617

Banned
Chud sticking with Weeden.

Also Boston Globe is reporting Gronk's father is the one holding Gronk out. Maybe he should of said something about Gronk partying in Vegas after having surgery.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Texans fans are funny. For weeks they use Schaub as a scapegoat but who's to blame when all 3 phases play horrific against a great team like the Rams? You can't replace everyone.

um what?

Multiples of us said fire everyone yesterday. Today I asked who are some top coaching candidates for next year?

Kubiak is done and needs to be fired.

I can't pull for the Browns to lose. Like us they have been through a lot. I would trade all of those losses away for a Pats loss because let's be honest, they are the only real competition in the AFC East. Plus, if they are going to beat teams like the Saints they could easily go something like 12-4 which the Dolphins will not touch.

Then again, I don't know if I could have handled another week of the Jets winning...

Yeah the only real victory was the jests losing, I want them down and out as soon as possible. I know the Pats are still owners of AFCE and doesn't seem like we are going to catch up to them at this point (And they just happen to get better right when we are about to play them :/) So I'm rooting for a wild card finish at this point.

Texans fans, you guys know the answer. Been saying it since before the season.

Kubiak has to go. Texans aren't going to be the team you want with him at the helm. He's giving the team an out by absolutely fumbling the shit out of this Schaub situation.

Funny to see how quickly everybody is jumping off Geno Smith's dick today after the Steelers game.
This is what I am most thankful for. Jets hyperbole is absolutely unbearable, even after they win a few meaningless games.

Speaking of which, where are Darkside and Fox today? They seem awfully quiet.

Yeah the only real victory was the jests losing, I want them down and out as soon as possible. I know the Pats are still owners of AFCE and doesn't seem like we are going to catch up to them at this point (And they just happen to get better right when we are about to play them :/) So I'm rooting for a wild card finish at this point.
Yeah, I mean of course I am pulling for the Dolphins to win every game every week but we know where this is most likely going --- the Dolphins competing for a WC spot at something like 9-7 or 10-6. Anything could happen but that seems like the most likely outcome to me right now.

eznark

Banned
Texans fans, you guys know the answer. Been saying it since before the season.

Kubiak has to go. Texans aren't going to be the team you want with him at the helm. He's giving the team an out by absolutely fumbling the shit out of this Schaub situation.

Texans fans have been saying that for years.

So I see out of 5 games, the Packers have 3 100-yard rushing performances (by 3 guys), and were within a yard of a 4th. We can feel good about this, right?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Also Boston Globe is reporting Gronk's father is the one holding Gronk out. Maybe he should of said something about Gronk partying in Vegas after having surgery.

Not shocked, all we have is JCamp backing him up.

dionysus

Yaldog
You should listen to "disaster mode" sports radio more often. All the angry lifelongs call in talking about how Schwab and Adrian Foster need to do better and how Owen Daniel sucked (alternative, Daniel Owens). Back in the day, Kevin Walters (must have stolen the s off of Owen's last name) used to be the offensive scapegoat.

JJ Watts is this year's lifelong misspelled/misspoken name.

I listen to 790 a good portion of the day. Local talk radio is so much more entertaining than the national sports talk radio where all they do is talk about the ESPN narrative of the day, even the ESPN competitors.

Sanjuro

Gronkowski should just be released at this point. He is no better than Hernandez in the eyes of football fans. I mean, a professional football player...partying?! Tom Landry is rolling in his grave.

Texans fans have been saying that for years.

Halfheartedly, sure.

That's the Pats MO.

Still, i'm surprised at you guys just resigning to it. Go hard or go home, man, Dolphins can do this!

I took a couple of panorama shots at Arrowhead yesterday. I posted one while the thread was moving at hyper speed yesterday, but here's the other one that I think looks better anyway:

null_zps74478b1c.jpg

What a game that was. My ears are still ringing a little bit.

Nice pic. My wife is a Chiefs fan. Yes, they've played some cupcake offenses, but they're still smothering them. If the Chiefs and Broncos played in Arrowhead today, I'm not sure who'd win. Broncos can definitely be scored upon.

That's the Pats MO.

Still, i'm surprised at you guys just resigning to it. Go hard or go home, man, Dolphins can do this!
Like I said, I'll pull for the Dolphins to win every game every week, but I've seen how this plays out many times before. We are just bracing for the near-inevitable, otherwise it's just more depressing.

Greg

He even fucked that up. Why would you saunter our of bounds?! He is fully retarded.
he was shocked to be thrown to after all those Boykin targets!

it was stupid and they could've ended the game there, but you know if they miss that 3rd down to Finley the defense would've ended up blowing the game though

Gronk was jimmy graham at practice .
“All of us have seen how badly Rob wants to help us win,’’ Brady wrote. “He has definitely given all he could in practice, especially on the scout teams to replicate the other teams’ best receiver. Though they may seem insignificant during the week, they are a huge reason why teams win.’’

Halfheartedly, sure.

That's the Pats MO.

12+ years of this...it's just so hard to stay optimistic at this point :( I know it's early but the oline is still crap, the defense still can't play with any consistency and the coaching has become predictable and at times baffling. Only positives have been T-hills development and the output of the WRs (Wallace excluded). I've seen how this movie ends...we show great potential, lose very winnable games by our own hands and get just out of reach to any success (7-9,8-8) only to hear in the off season how 'close' we are to becoming elite...

Like I said, I'll pull for the Dolphins to win every game every week, but I've seen how this plays out many times before. We are just bracing for the near-inevitable, otherwise it's just more depressing.

Yup, I want to see them come out and destroy the bills with their practice squad QB, but I fully expect a last sec miracle win...if we even win. I know better.

12+ years of this...it's just so hard to stay optimistic at this point :( I know it's early but the oline is still crap, the defense still can't play with any consistency and the coaching has become predictable and at times baffling. Only positives have been T-hills development and the output of the WRs (Wallace excluded). I've seen how this movie ends...we show great potential, lose very winnable games by our own hands and get just out of reach to any success (7-9,8-8) only to hear in the off season how 'close' we are to becoming elite...
Well crap. Now I'm depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom