• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

rando14

KC went through the regular season with so few injuries

then in the 1st playoff game they get slain.

football gods can be cruel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Isn't that last timeout usually saved for after the conversion under two minutes and kept in case a FG to win it on third down is botched on the snap so they can stop the clock for the fourth? I mean, c'mon, he just had the two minute warning.

Making sure you are absolutely sure about a fourth down play takes precedence over that rare possibility.

We don't know why he took the timeout, like the announcers said maybe they saw something they didn't like in the defense.

It just doesn't seem like the massive time management fuck up people here are claiming it is.

BdLX2BGCAAANRxa.png:large

Epic collapse

Holy shit

@AdamSchefter 5m
Chiefs now have lost 8 straight playoff games, breaking record they shared with Lions for longest postseason losing streak in NFL history.

Finally good news for the Lions.

:jnc

LordCanti

With my team permanently fucked by the curse of blown world series calls past, I hereby pledge my allegiance to Lord Brady. May he shine down upon all of us, amen.

Turnstile

It was a battle of which team could play like steaming hot garbage. Colts were winning the garbage battle until the 2nd half when Chiefs decided to go after the garbage crown.

It's tough to find much empathy for a division rival, but that is a shitty way to go out for such a good season..

Hell of a game. I turned it off during half time, but after all these second half comebacks I knew I couldn't count Luck out (so I turned it back on just as the post halftime kickoff started). I do feel a bit sad for Chefs fans. We've beaten them three times in the playoffs now? Plus I really respect Jamaal Charles, hate to see him and all those other players get hurt.

Injuries or Reid being Reid, it doesn't matter. You can't score 44 points and lose.

Alex could've hit a throw here or there, but he played his ass off while the pass rush and secondary gave up their ass.

Tucah

you speak so well
Rooting for the Saints in this game, but only because an ex was an enormous Eagles fan and fuck her.

gutshot

No they couldn't have. Maybe if they had all 3 but even then it would be like 30 secs and in their own territory.

That last timeout meant nothing. I'm glad someone else gets it:

It ended up not meaning anything, but if they had converted that 4th down they may have needed it later in the drive. It was still dumb to call a timeout coming out of the 2 minute warning. Who does that? Andy Reid, that's who.

devilhawk

Losing Brandon Flowers was so massive.

Making sure you are absolutely sure about a fourth down play takes precedence over that rare possibility.

We don't know why he took the timeout, like the announcers said maybe they saw something they didn't like in the defense.

It just doesn't seem like the massive time management fuck up people here are claiming it is.
I wonder if many people even watch football in here. Even people with NFL avatars haha. Converting there takes precedent.

Drakeon

So if the Bengals win, Denver plays the Colts next week, and if the Chargers win, they play the Chargers, correct?

Correct. The only deciding factor is the 3 seed vs 6 seed game. It all depends on that, because Bengals automatically play Patriots and Chargers automatically play Broncos next week if they win.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Rooting for the Saints in this game, but only because an ex was an enormous Eagles fan and fuck her.

That is about as legitimate a reason as any to hate a team.

That and Cortland Finnegan being on the team. Those are the two best reasons to hate a team.

LJ11

Dude doesn't compete. Size advantage and he lets the DB ride him out of bounds. It's such an overlooked factor of NFL players. Guys who don't stop trying. Bowe isn't that kind of guy

Yeah, Bowe can be such a dog. He had seperation, just didn't maintain hip control, you're a head of the DB, how the fuck does he end up riding you out of bounds? Bowe just doesn't have it up stairs, some guys do, some don't. He coasts on raw talent, dumb player.

jWILL253

Banned
For those questioning those blaming Alex Smith: Their final drive was actually going well until Smith decided to commit the Grounding penalty. That play alone halved whatever their win probability was at that point.

What does that tell you?

Godslay

Banned
I'm not feeling hot about either matchup but after tonight Id switch my vote and choose Chargers as well. Chiefs would've been my choice but here's hoping Colts or chargers have a tough time at Sports Authority

I agree. Choices went, Chiefs, Chargers, Colts. It's probably going to be Colts, so we'll have to make due. At least this way we won't have to hear the narrative of the other team is the underdog.

andthebeatgoeson

Yeah, but the 2 before it and the 50 before that leave you wondering. Their veteran qb, in this day and age, doesn't audible out of it?

Hunter S.

I'm not feeling hot about either matchup but after tonight Id switch my vote and choose Chargers as well. Chiefs would've been my choice but here's hoping Colts or chargers have a tough time at Sports Authority
What to hope for is a much better game from Peyton then he had in the previous meetings. They were pretty much his worst games.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Man, I feel so sorry for the Chiefs fans. There was nothing the team could do either. Their man player was injured in the 1st drive and the rest throughout the 2nd half. Plus Luck was clutch as hell. And for it to come down to an out of bound foot...

Man, that's just rough. Guess Chief fans gotta hope Broncos get their revenge game win for them, huh?

Omega

Banned
Who do you even root for? Who are you?

Hey whoa. I know me and Tragic have had our tiffs, but you can't just decide to starting bagging on folks when most of us have never seen you post before. Bad form.

Shout out to Deacon, he said KC would be one and done a long time ago.

was never really an avid poster, don't even remember what my last username was before the change. I think Rob N Banks.

NFL Gaf moves too fast to keep up with so I mainly just lurk.

Eagles fan. obviously. Why else would I be happy about another team choking because of Andy Reid

Top Bottom