• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

simples

Banned
Nick Foles is a good kid. We will be back.

didnt you have an avatar bet friend

change it-

wrTTGHZ.png

dad-whats-a-super-bowl-i-dont-know-where-eagles-meme.jpg

We can hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" if it makes you feel better!

Yankee you're generally a good guy, but I'm not going to hide my disdain for you franchise. I live in Central PA and while plenty of Eagles-Gaf are good people, the rest of your fanbase can eat dick.
That is fine. I have met fans of different teams all over the country and I don't believe there are any bad fan bases,out side of bandwagon fans. That pic really doesn't make sense to me. Eagles have been to 2 SBs. If it was the Lions then I would get it.

TheFatOne

I though the pats were rated 26th and 28th in both types of ypg defense?

Edit: 30th against the run and 18th against the pass.

The Pats D is still shit.

Last I checked it was just run defense. Their run defense is obviously terrible since the injuries. Pats have solid corners, and a really good safety. What they lack on pass defense is linebackers with speed. Running backs, and TEs still kill the Pats. Windy games would take away the long ball for the most part especially with Manning. Pats could key in on the shorter stuff and take it away. When all the Pats corners are healthy they have a solid group. That run defense is terrible though. Nothing they can do about that. Pats had a shot at a real legitimate defense if they didn't have so many fucking injuries.
I have absolutely no faith in our defense being able to stop: D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, J. Thomas, Tamme, Moreno and Ball.

I mean, it's almost ridiculous.

Conversely, I have not been impressed in our offense to be honest. Decent running game, horrid passing game.

We won a fluke at home. Absolutely no change of us going to Denver and beating them.

I actually don't think we can beat Cincy, short of Dalton having a very bad game.

Cincy is a bad match up for the Pats. Especially with a beat up oline. The saving grace is Dalton though, and the fact that the Bengals are not the same team on the road.

Godslay

Banned
I though the pats were rated 26th and 28th in both types of ypg defense?

To be truthful both were bad regular season defenses, guess we will see if it holds in the playoffs.

The good sign for us is aside from Von, Moore, and Vickerson, we should have everyone back and healthy. First time since the beginning of the season iirc. Nice to see Champ in the nickel as well, seemed to give us a boost. Sly is playing well, and Mincey seems to be a timely pickup, Wolfe will also be back, let's hope they get it together enough to make some stops.

Hunter S.

Last I checked it was just run defense. Their run defense is obviously terrible since the injuries. Pats have solid corners, and a really good safety. What they lack on pass defense is linebackers with speed. Running backs, and TEs still kill the Pats. Windy games would take away the long ball for the most part especially with Manning. Pats could key in on the shorter stuff and take it away. When all the Pats corners are healthy they have a solid group. That run defense is terrible though. Nothing they can do about that.

18th against the pass I edited it in.

Manning has easily made Brady look like a midget on LSD with his play this year. You are talking out of your biased, leaky asshole.

I have absolutely no faith in our defense being able to stop: D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, J. Thomas, Tamme, Moreno and Ball.

I mean, it's almost ridiculous.

Conversely, I have not been impressed in our offense to be honest. Decent running game, horrid passing game.

We won a fluke at home. Absolutely no change of us going to Denver and beating them.

I actually don't think we can beat Cincy, short of Dalton having a very bad game.
As stout as the Bengals defense might be, there's no way New England gets shut out like earlier in the season. Not on their turf.

gutshot

Nick Foles: "I'm hurting right now in my heart, but I'll hold my head high. I love this city, team, organization. The heart of Philadelphia."

TO_crying_display_image.jpg

i think what today has taught us is alex smith is legit and has never thrown a playoff interception in his career. i love you alex and you deserve to be moving onto the divisional round but for one of the worst defenses performances i have ever seen in my life and i have actually watched modern day college football

Jazz-ism

Banned
saints are hobbled and slightly fraudulent right now. next week is free win for seattle

of course, any given sunday...

from a saints fan

TheFatOne

18th against the pass I edited it in.

Pass defense is hurt because the run defense is dog shit due to all the injuries. Not to sound like captain obvious but the key to the Pats defense is injuries. If Talib,Dennard, McCourty and Ryan are healthy they can definitely do enough to slow down the Broncos to win a game. Especially with the Broncos defense.

Edit: That injury thing is asking for a lot thought Talib isn't 100%, who knows how healthy Dennard, and McCourty are. Not sure if they will even play the way the Pats hide all the injury news.

kingslunk

To be truthful both were bad regular season defenses, guess we will see if it holds in the playoffs.

The good sign for us is aside from Von, Moore, and Vickerson, we should have everyone back and healthy. First time since the beginning of the season iirc. Nice to see Champ in the nickel as well, seemed to give us a boost. Sly is playing well, and Mincey seems to be a timely pickup, Wolfe will also be back, let's hope they get it together enough to make some stops.

I just hope the Von injury isnt a glaring hole for
us. Maybe it'll be a blessing and our defense will be more careful of the pass.

Regardless of how bad our defense plays I can't see losing if we have zero offensive turn overs.

saints are hobbled and slightly fraudulent right now. next week is free win for seattle

of course, any given sunday...

from a saints fan

saints are playing a much better defense but a worse offense. if all goes as planned the seahawks will stomp on your heads until their cleats are covered in brains. but things don't always go according to plan in the playoffs. we need to keep the dream alive for one last game at candlestick! niners vs. saints!

i think what today has taught us is alex smith is legit and has never thrown a playoff interception in his career. i love you alex and you deserve to be moving onto the divisional round but for one of the worst defenses performances i have ever seen in my life and i have actually watched modern day college football
Alex should have won that game. However, that strip fumble by Mathis was the catalyst that changed the game. Had Charles not gone out, I think KC would have held on; and as great a performance as Indy had, they won't have as much luxury when they're on the road next time.

Hunter S.

Pass defense is hurt because the run defense is dog shit due to all the injuries. Not to sound like captain obvious but the key to the Pats defense is injuries. If Talib,Dennard, McCourty and Ryan are healthy they can definitely do enough to slow down the Broncos to win a game. Especially with the Broncos defense.

So your idea is that your barely superior defense in points allowed is greater than the Broncos record breaking offense. You no longer have the Gronkster. You are delusional.

Patriots7

Last I checked it was just run defense. Their run defense is obviously terrible since the injuries. Pats have solid corners, and a really good safety. What they lack on pass defense is linebackers with speed. Running backs, and TEs still kill the Pats. Windy games would take away the long ball for the most part especially with Manning. Pats could key in on the shorter stuff and take it away. When all the Pats corners are healthy they have a solid group. That run defense is terrible though. Nothing they can do about that. Pats had a shot at a real legitimate defense if they didn't have so many fucking injuries.

Cincy is a bad match up for the Pats. Especially with a beat up oline. The saving grace is Dalton though, and the fact that the Bengals are not the same team on the road.
I actually have been pretty happy with the run defense since the inclusion of Siliga. Sopooga and Vellano are terrible and I'm glad they're seeing limited to no snaps.

Cincy's defense is going to touch Brady in ways Giselle isn't going to be happy with :(

I agree. Putting up 44 points with no INTs should be enough to get you a win.

rando14

saints are playing a much better defense but a worse offense. if all goes as planned the seahawks will stomp on your heads until their cleats are covered in brains. but things don't always go according to plan in the playoffs. we need to keep the dream alive for one last game at candlestick! niners vs. saints!

It's over, FMT, candlestick has seen its last game!! Although if it makes you feel better hopefully tomorrow is squidward's last game as the Niners quarterback and he gets sent packing to GB where he wants to be playing anyways!!

<3

Alex should have won that game. However, that strip fumble by Mathis was the catalyst that changed the game. Had Charles not gone out, I think KC would have held on; and as great a performance as Indy had, they won't have as much luxury when they're on the road next time.

yeah that was a killer turnover. indy definitely was the benefactor of playing indoors and i can't remember the last time i saw so many crucial injuries in one game as the chiefs suffered today. i just feel bad for my boy :(

Spinluck

Feels so unfair that the defense never ever stepped up for him the way they did today outside of 2 games in 2007.

Yea I think in 6 drives the Colts d allowed 6 points in the 2nd half. we ended up outscoring them 35-6.

I can say a lot about how Luck threw 3ints, but he threw 4tds when it mattered, and willed the team to win. Not to mention TY had the game of a lifetime.

I love Manning as much as the next guy, but there is no way he would've brought us back in this game. No fucking way. I'm not even just talking about Luck's mobility, but everything he did.

EDIT: My mistake they allowed 13pts in the second half.

Yea I think in 6 drives the Colts d allowed 6 points in the 2nd half. we ended up outscoring them 35-6.

I can say a lot about how Luck threw 3ints, but he threw 4tds when it mattered, and willed the team to win. Not to mention TY had the game of a lifetime.

I love Manning as much as the next guy, but there is no way he would've brought us back in this game. No fucking way. I'm not even just talking about Luck's mobility, but everything he did.
Would Manning have gotten the team in that hole to begin with?

It's over, FMT, candlestick has seen its last game!! Although if it makes you feel better hopefully tomorrow is squidward's last game as the Niners quarterback and he gets sent packing to GB where he wants to be playing anyways!!

<3

on one hand you make a lot of sense in this post and i don't want our franchise to be flacco'd by a massive krapernick contract. but on the other hand we need to win the superbowl for red beard and his sweet!

tumblr_mlhb8svURN1s322dbo1_500.png

look at this other bitch in the photo saying like "pffft what-evar! you think just cause you have some delicious gigantic titties and date an NFL superstar you're better than me? nah, my boyfriend here owns this house thats in the middle of the country club"

Top Bottom