• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

cdyhybrid

I don't think we stand a fucking chance, lol. It'd be nice to get revenge for 2010 and the fucking stomping we got this year, tho.

YP7SXcJ.png

on one hand you make a lot of sense in this post and i don't want our franchise to be flacco'd by a massive krapernick contract. but on the other hand we need to win the superbowl for red beard and his sweet!

tumblr_mlhb8svURN1s322dbo1_500.png

look at this other bitch in the photo saying like "pffft what-evar! you think just cause you have some delicious gigantic titties and date an NFL superstar you're better than me? nah, my boyfriend here owns this house thats in the middle of the country club"

I dunno who that dude is but he has great taste.

Draconian

I really hate how much overreaction there is to one game in the media. Flipped it over to ESPN and got the "Everybody said the Saints couldn't win on the road in the playoffs" bit. smh

TheFatOne

I actually have been pretty happy with the run defense since the inclusion of Siliga. Sopooga and Vellano are terrible and I'm glad they're seeing limited to no snaps.

Cindy's defense is going to touch Brady in ways Giselle isn't going to be happy with :(

He has helped the defense but I'm not convinced yet. It wasn't against very good teams. Although it was definitely an improvement. Some improvement is better than none.
So your idea is that your barely superior defense in points allowed is greater than the Broncos record breaking offense. You no longer have the Gronkster. You are delusional.

No the Denver Broncos defense is fucking garbage and one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL. They also lost arguably their best player on defense. Teams with terrible defenses don't scare me because I have seen this movie played out the last few years. Since Denvers defense is so poor the Pats are going to be in the game, and I believe the Pats corners are good enough to make a play or two. I'm not saying the Pats defense is better than the Broncos offense I'm just saying that they can make plays to slow them down. How did the Broncos record breaking offense look against the Pats defense the first time around?

Edit:Also I never go by points allowed to judge a defense. Points allowed doesn't tell you shit about defenses on teams that have elite offenses. Last few years the Pats defense has been pretty solid in points allows simply because the offense puts so much pressure on other teams especially when they fall behind. Much easier to play defense when your offense makes teams one dimensional. Also, it's true the Pats no longer have Gronk, but the Broncos no longer have Von Miller.

No that is even more dumb. They give trophies for NFL championships and Eagles have 3 of those. Are you one of those people that believe nothing happened before they called it the SB?
Nope. Apparently you're one of those people that don't know what a fucking joke is though.

simples

Banned
on one hand you make a lot of sense in this post and i don't want our franchise to be flacco'd by a massive krapernick contract. but on the other hand we need to win the superbowl for red beard and his sweet!

tumblr_mlhb8svURN1s322dbo1_500.png

look at this other bitch in the photo saying like "pffft what-evar! you think just cause you have some delicious gigantic titties and date an NFL superstar you're better than me? nah, my boyfriend here owns this house thats in the middle of the country club"

thats last springs polo from tj maxx for 35$. poor niners fraud cant afford to get it full price at 89$ during the season

sums up the niners perfectly, cheap and second rate

Godslay

Banned
Pass defense is hurt because the run defense is dog shit due to all the injuries. Not to sound like captain obvious but the key to the Pats defense is injuries. If Talib,Dennard, McCourty and Ryan are healthy they can definitely do enough to slow down the Broncos to win a game. Especially with the Broncos defense.

Edit: That injury thing is asking for a lot thought Talib isn't 100%, who knows how healthy Dennard, and McCourty are. Not sure if they will even play the way the Pats hide all the injury news.

Yeah, I don't know what will happen. Just hoping we leave it all out on the field when we play either the Colts or the Chargers next week.

I just hope the Von injury isnt a glaring hole for
us. Maybe it'll be a blessing and our defense will be more careful of the pass.

Regardless of how bad our defense plays I can't see losing if we have zero offensive turn overs.

Addition of Champ is good, adds some veteran seasoning to a young secondary. Sure he's lost a step, but he's playing a different role so it should work out. Von is a big loss, if Sly plays like he has though, it helps to ease the pain. I think the DL is okay, just have to hope that the secondary gets it together, and they quit fucking around with Lenon in Woodyard's spot. Defense doesn't have to be great, just good enough to make some stops.

kingslunk

He has helped the defense but I'm not convinced yet. It wasn't against very good teams. Although it was definitely an improvement. Some improvement is better than none.

No the Denver Broncos defense is fucking garbage and one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL. They also lost arguably their best player on defense. Teams with terrible defenses don't scare me because I have seen this movie played out the last few years. Since Denvers defense is so poor the Pats are going to be in the game, and I believe the Pats corners are good enough to make a play or two. I'm not saying the Pats defense is better than the Broncos offense I'm just saying that they can make plays to slow them down. How did the Broncos record breaking offense look against the Pats defense the first time around?

You're making assumptions denver and New England are going to even play. Let's talk about your best offensive weapon Gronk who's also out.

Hunter S.

You had Gronk. Brady's passer rating without gronk was in the 80s. With Gronk it climbed into the 100s. No Gronk. No game in Foxboro for once. And I doubt Welker will mess up in overtime again.

rando14

I'm not sure how/why our D was so bad against you guys. That offense is not scary at all. BUT DAT DEFENSE, DOE.

Well that's all part of it. Sea can tire a lot of teams out and when that happens the run opens up and then the floodgates open (like last week against the rams)

Still tho anything's possible. Good luck to yall next week

thats last springs polo from tj maxx for 35$. poor niners fraud cant afford to get it full price at 89$ during the season

sums up the niners perfectly, cheap and second rate

give him a break he's on a 7th round picks salary! maybe he has a rich dad that can buy him a decent polo

Konka

Banned
Well that's all part of it. Sea can tire a lot of teams out and when that happens the run opens up and then the floodgates open (like last week against the rams)

Lets go seachickens!

Same to you. I'll be here, as always. Hope Cajun is back by then.

cdyhybrid

Hell yeah brother!! Though i cant tell if these fans joining forces with us really want seattle to win or if this is some sort of mechdx/squicken witchcraft, I'm a very paranoid guy you know!!

No such thing as witchcraft or jinxes, my friend. All that matters is the 106 men on the field, their coaches, and the cunts in black and white stripes.

Konka

Banned
Hell yeah brother!! Though i cant tell if these fans joining forces with us really want seattle to win or if this is some sort of mechdx/squicken witchcraft, I'm a very paranoid guy you know!!

I visited Seattle last year and loved the city. My thought process in choosing a team to root for is now that the seahawks are also a bird team. Let's go hawks!

TheFatOne

You're making assumptions denver and New England are going to even play. Let's talk about your best offensive weapon Gronk who's also out.

I'm just playing out this hypothetical scenario in which they both played. If you have seen any of my other previous posts I have stated that I would not be surprised if this team is one and done.

You can also say the same for Denver. Who is going to generate a consistent pass rush? Even shitty QBs will carve teams up if they can't get consistent pressure, and in the Broncos case it would be especially dangerous with a bad secondary.
Yeah, I don't know what will happen. Just hoping we leave it all out on the field when we play either the Colts or the Chargers next week.

Addition of Champ is good, adds some veteran seasoning to a young secondary. Sure he's lost a step, but he's playing a different role so it should work out. Von is a big loss, if Sly plays like he has though, it helps to ease the pain. I think the DL is okay, just have to hope that the secondary gets it together, and they quit fucking around with Lenon in Woodyard's spot. Defense doesn't have to be great, just good enough to make some stops.

Champ could be big. Even though he has lost a step he is a good veteran corner. Could be the guy who baits Brady into making a big mistake. Cano has done it in the past.

Spinluck

He did lose a game 41-0.

But one time Manning did throw 6 INTs and still came back only to lose when Adam missed a gimme at the end. So I don't buy that no way he comes back argument.

Was that the regular season Chargers game? I remember regardless of Manning's turnovers our D kept the game competitive.

Can you honestly look at all the plays Luck made in today's game and say Manning could do the same? With the same group of receivers, rbs, and o-line?

I'm not even arguing that Luck is better, I don't think that at all.

Hunter S.

I'm just playing out this hypothetical scenario in which they both played. If you have seen any of my other previous posts I have stated that I would not be surprised if this team is one and done.

You can also say the same for Denver. Who is going to generate a consistent pass rush? Even shitty QBs will carve teams up if they can't get consistent pressure, and in the Broncos case it would be especially dangerous with a bad secondary.

Shaun Phillips got 10 sacks. The Broncos had 35 sacks not counting Von's.
The opponents only got 20 sacks on Peyton. So 15 more sacks were made by the Broncos than their opponents not including Von's numbers.

njean777

well one team is gone that I was rooting for. Now either the 49ers or Patriots need to win big this year. Honorable mention will go to the Packers/Panthers. Still hope the Seachickens at least knock out the Saints.

Was that the regular season Chargers game? I remember regardless of Manning's turnovers our D kept the game competitive.

Can you honestly look at all the plays Luck made in today's game and say Manning could do the same? With the same group of receivers, rbs, and o-line?

I'm not even arguing that Luck is better, I don't think that at all.

Well, if you put him in that 38-10 hole and say, "Now go win the game Peyton." No he doesn't.

But put Andrew in that Tampa Bay game, and I think your answer would be the same.

TheFatOne

You had Gronk. Brady's passer rating without gronk was in the 80s. With Gronk it climbed into the 100s. No Gronk. No game in Foxboro for once. And I doubt Welker will mess up in overtime again.

The great equalizer is a shitty defense with no pass rush. Doesn't matter if Gronk is missing if the Broncos can't generate a pass rush with a poor secondary. Gronk injury hurts the Pats but the Von Miller injury is just as big for the Broncos.

simples

Banned
i like the chickens because pete carroll is a belichick product

and fuck the rest of the nfc scrubs who put you to sleep

Top Bottom