• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

demigod

Hrmmm, not sure if my post made it or errored. Anyways 2 more to go saints. Saints vs Broncos, rematch of Brees vs Manning Bowl!

Spinluck

Well, if you put him in that 38-10 hole and say, "Now go win the game Peyton." No he doesn't.

But put Andrew in that Tampa Bay game, and I think your answer would be the same.

Tampa Bay game was amazing.

But keep in mind, outside of the 2006 AFCC against the Pats, Peyton's best comebacks aren't in the playoffs.

The one against the Jets in 09 was nice though too.

The great equalizer is a shitty defense with no pass rush. Doesn't matter if Gronk is missing if the Broncos can't generate a pass rush with a poor secondary. Gronk injury hurts the Pats but the Von Miller injury is just as big for the Broncos.

Fat, you are one of the more logical, down to earth Pats fans on here.

But in no way do I agree that losing Gronk is as big as losing Miller.

Miller wasn't even Miller this season.

Don't worry Broncos fans. You guys got the AFC and a ticket to the Superbowl.

BzRocte.gif

Godslay

Banned
I'm just playing out this hypothetical scenario in which they both played. If you have seen any of my other previous posts I have stated that I would not be surprised if this team is one and done.

You can also say the same for Denver. Who is going to generate a consistent pass rush? Even shitty QBs will carve teams up if they can't get consistent pressure, and in the Broncos case it would be especially dangerous with a bad secondary.

Champ could be big. Even though he has lost a step he is a good veteran corner. Could be the guy who baits Brady into making a big mistake. Cano has done it in the past.

Pressure has come from the middle in the form of Knighton/Williams lately. Not so much from Phillips/Ayers. DL is fine in my book. Irving is fine as a replacement for Von. No one can replace Von, but I think Irving will be good enough.

The only question I have is the secondary and Lenon/Woodyard. If Lenon plays, things just don't seem to work as well. Secondary has the potential to play well, depends on if Champ can embrace that nickel role and play well, and if Moore's replacement can play well enough. I'm not entirely confident in it, but I think they can make enough plays to win games. It might be garbage, but guess we just have to see it play out.

Plus we didn't have Julius Thomas when we played the Pats, and the wind was @ 22MPH which doesn't bode well for a touch passer like Manning. Big factors, but they didn't cause the Broncos to shit the lead away. Should have kept pounding the ball imo. With a lead like that and 224 yards rushing from Moreno, we shouldn't have lost that game.

Tampa Bay game was amazing.

But keep in mind, outside of the 2006 AFCC against the Pats, Peyton's best comebacks aren't in the playoffs.

The one against the Jets in 09 was nice though too.

You mean the Pats? The 4th and 2 Kevin Faulk one?

I know the "play-off is legacy" shit, but his 08 season where he showed up playing on 1 leg after that knee surgery is still the greatest stretch of quarterbacking I've ever seen. Andrew's great, but he's got a long way to go.

Oh well, I am proud what the Eagles accomplished this year. I never thought they would have done this well and how much Chip energized the city out of its slumber. The revolution will have to wait until next September.

Now next season expectations will be through the roof.

njean777

You mean a QB that brought them back from 20-7 down to take a 1 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go? That QB?

Not sure how you can pin this loss on Foles.

So many times he had a good chance to make first downs and he squandered most of them by him holding on to the ball way to long, he does that all the time and we saw that in the Dallas game as well. If it wasn't for Boykin we would have more then likely lost that Dallas game. The past two games he has held on to the ball way to long while have all the time in the world to throw, then just decides to get sacked instead of rushing the ball or throwing it away correctly. Twice in the last two games he got an intentional grounding call, he needs to get his shit together and stop doing that. His o-line is great, but he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball or rush it up the middle sometimes.

I won't lie that Cooper dropped pass was embarrassing and just ridiculous, but I still think Foles needs some coaching on throwing the ball and not losing yards.

gutshot

So many times he had a good chance to make first downs and he squandered most of them by him holding on to the ball way to long, he does that all the time and we saw that in the Dallas game as well. If it wasn't for Boykin we would have more then likely lost that Dallas game. The past two games he has held on to the ball way to long while have all the time in the world to throw, then just decides to get sacked instead of rushing the ball or throwing it away correctly. Twice in the last two games he got an intentional grounding call, he needs to get his shit together and stop doing that. His o-line is great, but he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball or rush it up the middle sometimes.

I think you are taking one or two plays and forcing it to fit a narrative that isn't really there.

TheFatOne

Pressure has come from the middle in the form of Knighton/Williams lately. Not so much from Phillips/Ayers. DL is fine in my book. Irving is fine as a replacement for Von. No one can replace Von, but I think Irving will be good enough.

The only question I have is the secondary and Lenon/Woodyard. If Lenon plays, things just don't seem to work as well. Secondary has the potential to play well, depends on if Champ can embrace that nickel role and play well, and if Moore's replacement can play well enough. I'm not entirely confident in it, but I think they can make enough plays to win games. It might be garbage, but guess we just have to see it play out.

Plus we didn't have Julius Thomas when we played the Pats, and the wind was @ 22MPH which doesn't bode well for a touch passer like Manning. Big factors, but they didn't cause the Broncos to shit the lead away. Should have kept pounding the ball imo. With a lead like that and 224 yards rushing from Moreno, we shouldn't have lost that game.
If the pressure continues from up the middle that would be a really good sign in a hypothetical game against the Pats. They struggle against teams who have good pash rushing interior lines. Their center is solid, but not great. Mankins is a beast but the other guard spot is vulnerable. Forgot about Julius Thomas not playing good point. The pats have been a little better against the run the last couple of game, but honestly that has more to do with the competition IMO. Have to see how they do in their first playoff game.

Yankee you're generally a good guy, but I'm not going to hide my disdain for you franchise. I live in Central PA and while plenty of Eagles-Gaf are good people, the rest of your fanbase can eat dick. I wish the Eagles franchise nothing but pain and misery.
We should see a Giants game in LFC sometime.

Godslay

Banned
If the pressure continues from up the middle that would be a really good sign in a hypothetical game against the Pats. They struggle against teams who have good pash rushing interior lines. Their center is solid, but not great. Mankins is a beast but the other guard spot is vulnerable. Forgot about Julius Thomas not playing good point. The pats have been a little better against the run the last couple of game, but honestly that has more to do with the competition IMO. Have to see how they do in their first playoff game.

Yeah, crystal ball stuff at this point. The only thing I will say is that if Dalton gets hot, the Bengals will be hard to beat. Most balanced out of all the teams left in the AFC.

Spinluck

You mean the Pats? The 4th and 2 Kevin Faulk one?

I know the "play-off is legacy" shit, but his 08 season where he showed up playing on 1 leg after that knee surgery is still the greatest stretch of quarterbacking I've ever seen. Andrew's great, but he's got a long way to go.

Yea, the month of having a 80 something % completion percentage was absolutely stunning. It was crazy to see that after he was slow to start the season.

But this was never about which QB was better, lol. Luck is definitely not on Manning level. But Luck has his intangibles, and so does Manning. Luck's just seem like a better fit for overcoming games like today.

JABEE

This really sucks. I forgot how awful it felt to lose in the playoffs. It sucks even more when it's that close. The game reminded me so much of the NFC Championship Game against Arizona. The Eagles came back to take the lead, only for the defense to let us down on the last drive.

That was the same season the Eagles tied their way into the postseason with crazy playoff scenarios.

:(

Good season, Eagles-GAF. Don't get into too many fights after the game.

BE PROUD!

JABEE

The Patriots can still win without Gronk, It will be tougher but they would try to run it a lot more and shorten the game. Or they try to throw it more, who knows with McDaniels.

TheFatOne

Yeah, crystal ball stuff at this point. The only thing I will say is that if Dalton gets hot, the Bengals will be hard to beat. Most balanced out of all the teams left in the AFC.

I'm banking on the fact that Dalton isn't a good Qb, but Pats have made bad qbs like Flacco look like hall of fame qbs. All this stuff is incredibly hard to guess especially since the NFL is pretty average this season. I think the Pats more than the rest of the teams in the playoffs can't afford to lose anyone else which is an incredibly scary thing. I still enjoy trying to guess at potential playoff match ups, and how the Pats match up with certain teams.
The Patriots can still win without Gronk, It will be tougher but they would try to run it a lot more and shorten the game. Or they try to throw it more, who knows with McDaniels.

Never know what to expect with him.

JABEE

Also, I don't want to see any of Eagles-GAF two-teaming. Stay loyal. The Eagles are on the right path. They are working on it every day. It will take time, but they will be a contender one day. I hope that day is soon.

I'm banking on the fact that Dalton isn't a good Qb, but Pats have made bad qbs like Flacco look like hall of fame qbs. All this stuff is incredibly hard to guess especially since the NFL is pretty average this season. I think the Pats more than the rest of the teams in the playoffs can't afford to lose anyone else which is an incredibly scary thing. I still enjoy trying to guess at potential playoff match ups, and how the Pats match up with certain teams.

This is the only thing that bothers me about the Eagles losing this season. Never in my life has the NFL been more down. Usually there are at least one of two really good teams, this year there are none. If ever a team was going to steal a SB this is the year to do it.

gutshot

This really sucks. I forgot how awful it felt to lose in the playoffs. It sucks even more when it's that close. The game reminded me so much of the NFC Championship Game against Arizona. The Eagles came back to take the lead, only for the defense to let us down on the last drive.

That was the same season the Eagles tied their way into the postseason with crazy playoff scenarios.

BE PROUD!

JABEE

I'm surprisingly zen about the whole thing. Making it to the playoffs was good enough for me. If nothing else, this season was a success because it showed that they made a good hire at coach and they have a potential franchise QB. They shore up the defense and add a piece or two on offense during this offseason and the sky is the limit next year.

njean777

Also, I don't want to see any of Eagles-GAF two-teaming. Stay loyal. The Eagles are on the right path. They are working on it every day. It will take time, but they will be a contender one day. I hope that day is soon.

Been with them since 98, no two-teaming here.

Hunter S.

This is the only thing that bothers me about the Eagles losing this season. Never in my life has the NFL been more down. Usually there are at least one of two really good teams, this year there are none. If ever a team was going to steal a SB this is the year to do it.
Mr. Negativity

BE PROUD!

JABEE

*thumbs up*

Top Bottom