• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

I don't care who we play. We don't need to prove anything against any particular team, we did that when we won our division and got the #1 seed.

This is why the seachickens will never win anything of true value. You think by getting the #1 seed it's mission accomplished. It's like if you're getting down with jan from Toyota and she's giving you a great pre fuck bj and saying damn I want you to ravage me you stallion but then when you go to fuck her you bust inside her in like 10 seconds and you're embarrassed

Greg

I'm honestly somewhat worried that whoever wins Ice Bowl II tomorrow may be too spent going to Charlotte the week after. Sure, I want all of these teams to lose, but not from frostbite and blackened appendages.
so you're going to do RBH dirty like that...

Yea, the month of having a 80 something % completion percentage was absolutely stunning. It was crazy to see that after he was slow to start the season.

But this was never about which QB was better, lol. Luck is definitely not on Manning level. But Luck has his intangibles, and so does Manning. Luck's just seem like a better fit for overcoming games like today.

Luck's first two years absolutely shits on Mannings first two years.

JABEE

This is why the seachickens will never win anything of true value. You think by getting the #1 seed it's mission accomplished. It's like if you're getting down with jan from Toyota and she's giving you a great pre fuck bj and saying damn I want you to ravage me you stallion but then when you go to fuck her you bust inside her in like 10 seconds and you're embarrassed

Too embarrassed to FMT her?

Snyder had tired of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan’s bland play-calling. “Too vanilla,” he called it, and to illustrate the point, he left a gallon of ice cream on Nolan’s desk. Nolan chuckled, but later that season, the owner still wasn’t pleased and sent more ice cream, three five-gallon drums this time, with the note: “I wasn’t joking. I do not like vanilla.”

i said wow

Nameless

Seacocks havent proven anything yet. If the nfl allowed us to sack drew brees you would be a five seed right now

Denzel-Boom.gif

Or you get to having sex and just before you both get there, you fumble the ball.
literally

Then the next year, you get all the way to the end and you suddenly lose your erection, right at the biggest moment. To top it off, your brother ends up getting her off instead.

Kinda like that.

cdyhybrid

You're misinterpreting my post. Kaeptain was saying if we weren't scared, we'd want to play the Niners, like winning the Super Bowl wouldn't mean as much if we didn't beat the Niners on the way or something.

Fact is that if we don't play you it'll be because you lost to some other team who is better than you, and our eventual victory over them (if we are lucky enough to get that far and pull it off) would mean just as much as beating some wild card team that won some Super Bowls 20 years ago.

Or you get to having sex and just before you both get there, you fumble the ball.
literally

Then the next year, you get all the way to the end and you suddenly lose your erection, right at the biggest moment. To top it off, your brother ends up getting her off instead.

Kinda like that.

What the fuck you only bang once every year? That's almost as bad as not even talking to a woman in nearly a decade! What kind of life is that!?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you're a seahawks fan and don't want to be seen as a coward you should want the Niners to make it to the NFC championship. You're Superbowl win over the Chargers will be seen as fraudulent otherwise.
Why? If you lose beforehand you're a bunch of frauds not worth our time!

You're misinterpreting my post. Kaeptain was saying if we weren't scared, we'd want to play the Niners, like winning the Super Bowl wouldn't mean as much if we didn't beat the Niners on the way or something.

Fact is that if we don't play you it'll be because you lost to some other team who is better than you, and our eventual victory over them (if we are lucky enough to get that far and pull it off) would mean just as much as beating some wild card team that won some Super Bowls 20 years ago.

I mean except for the cheating your team does you'd have nothing to be ashamed of... Whether you have to go through the mighty niners or not!

cdyhybrid

I mean except for the cheating your team does you'd have nothing to be ashamed of... Whether you have to go through the mighty niners or not!

Hey, we haven't knowingly acquired anyone with a past history of PED use, unlike Worst Harbs down there in the bay!

I also ate half a weed cookie last weekend and had one of the worst nights of my life, I dunno why we need to penalize people for that shit when the fucking awful high is punishment enough on its own.

All I am saying is Seahawks don't want to play a healthy 49ers team.

Michael Crabtree is definitely worth 26 points, I'm sure.

I want the Niners to beat the Seahawks and their "12th man"

I had my "experience" with the "12th man" a week ago.

It was a bullshit sequence of events but hey, as long as it happens to the other teams, it's hilarity, right?

Anyhoo, I moved up here last year to Seattle and was out of state last year around the holidays but this year, I was fortunate to be in town to go see a Rams game at the stadium.

I was at that game yesterday, wearing my jersey, rooting for the Rams. Not instigating, just cheering when my team got stops, 1st downs and scored. Not even booing Seattle. I was supporting my team.

I gotta say, my experience with the "12th Man" was mostly hostile from the start. People were talking shit, simply by seeing me with my jersey on. I was with my SO and she was shocked by it. Some of it was playful, a lot of it not so much.

As the game progressed, it got more and more hostile, even as Seattle was winning. Again, I remained silent, just cheering when we did well. Any time I cheered for my team, I was bombarded with jeers....for cheering...my...team.

Once the game was over, even after they had won, the fans were still less than classy, even on my way out. There were a handful of fans that tried apologizing to me, saying that people were "just excited".

I have been to several sporting events when I lived in LA (Lakers, Dodgers, etc. and I have never personally seen that kind of unprovoked hostility towards fans of the opposing team. It was very weird and extremely off-putting.

Anyway, I'll say to you what I said to all the other people at CenturyLink that had less than kind words: Good Luck To You Guys In The Playoffs. Stay Classy.

So it's clear to say, based on that experience, I won't be shedding any tears if the Seahawks are bounced out the playoffs.

Even though from Week 1, if both remained relatively healthy, I had Denver over Seattle, 34-24. I'm sticking to that.

cdyhybrid

So it's clear to say, based on that experience, I won't be shedding any tears if the Seahawks are bounced out the playoffs.

Even though from Week 1, if both remained relatively healthy, I had Denver over Seattle, 34-24. I'm sticking to that.

You got heckled in an opposing stadium. The horror!

Would you have preferred if we stabbed you in the parking lot instead?

You got heckled in an opposing stadium. The horror!

Would you have preferred if we stabbed you in the parking lot instead?

Of course the Seahawks fan would support this shit...

I would have preferred if the fan base acted like they were older than 14 years old. It's a fucking football game. I paid for my ticket just like they did. I wasn't booing their team--I was cheering mine.

As I said, I have been to other games, hell, Game 1 of the Western Conference Semi Finals against the Houston Rockets in 2009. We lost that game. There were people in our section, cheering for the Rockets. No one was exhibiting the behavior I saw on Sunday.

It was fucking clown shoes.

cdyhybrid

I would have preferred if the fan base acted like they were older than 14 years old. It's a fucking football game. I paid for my ticket just like they did. I wasn't booing their team--I was cheering mine.

As I said, I have been to other games, hell, Game 1 of the Western Conference Semi Finals against the Houston Rockets in 2009. We lost that game. There were people in our section, cheering for the Rockets. No one was exhibiting the behavior I saw on Sunday.

No, I don't expect us to roll out the red carpet for opposing fans at our fucking stadium when we're trying to pound your team into the turf. It's the same deal at 95% of big-time sporting events on this planet. You aren't being assaulted and no laws are being broken.

Sorry.

I agree with you there. Some friendly shit talking is fine but it sounds like those fans crossed the line. I've been to home and away games and there were a couple times in AZ where dudes were getting a bit too rowdy but nothing like that. Maybe I'll go to Seattle game next year and see for myself!

cdyhybrid

I agree with you there. Some friendly shit talking is fine but it sounds like those fans crossed the line. I've been to home and away games and there were a couple times in AZ where dudes were getting a bit too rowdy but nothing like that. Maybe I'll go to Seattle game next year and see for myself!

There is a line between good-natured sports antagonism and stuff that isn't okay. Outside of obvious things like assault, getting in people's faces, etc., nothing in that story seems out of line to me. Unless there were some guys that specifically just targeted him with their bile and just would not let it go, in which case he could have just talked to security and it would've been taken care of.

That said, I'm sorry he didn't enjoy himself, since I know NFL tickets are very expensive, but that's a risk you knowingly (or at least it should be) take when you go to a road game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Actually, there was discussion among Seattle fans about this earlier in the season. Many longtime fans were calling for better behavior and that they should have more class than that. I also saw complaints about groups of seats that didn't even know how to cheer properly. You yourself note that some Seattle fans were embarassed.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully the messaging I mentioned had some benefit.

As much as I ragged on MechDX for his "Since 2012" remarks, it's undeniable that it applies for a large number in CenturyLink Field these days.

No, I don't expect us to roll out the red carpet for opposing fans at our fucking stadium when we're trying to pound your team into the turf. It's the same deal at 95% of big-time sporting events on this planet.

Sorry.

No it actually isn't. Have You been to arenas across the country? I have. Madison Square Garden, that shit wasn't happening. Yankee Stadium, CitiField... it wasn't happening. Oracle Arena in San Fran...wasn't happening. Portland, Oregon...I was there a few Saturdays ago...no of that shit was happening. No on was getting targeted before during and after all those events because they had an opposing jersey on.

I can go on.

It's NOT like that in 95% of "big time sporting events"...this was something else but it's cool, man.

Sounds like you would have fit right in at CenturyLink with your attitude in the bolded.

cdyhybrid

No it actually isn't. Have You been to arenas across the country? I have. Madison Square Garden, that shit wasn't happening. Yankee Stadium, CitiField... it wasn't happening. Oracle Arena in San Fran...wasn't happening. Portland, Oregon...I was there a few Saturdays ago...no of that shit was happening. No on was getting targeted before during and after all those events because they had an opposing jersey on.

I can go on.

It's NOT like that in 95% of "big time sporting events"...this was something else but it's cool, man.

Sounds like you would have fit right in at CenturyLink with your attitude.

Basketball and baseball are different, sorry. Not nearly as intense as football. Different crowds.

Go to Autzen Stadium or Martin Stadium in a Husky jersey.

Go to Candlestick in a Seahawks jersey.

Go to Lincoln Financial Field in a Cowboys jersey.

Go to Ohio Stadium in a Michigan jersey.

See what happens.

Do people take it too far sometimes? Absolutely. But that can happen anywhere, and you should have at least entertained the possibility of dealing with that when you bought the ticket.

This is why I pick my road games very carefully. They're expensive AND I might have to deal with shit. But I expect that going in.

We may not have that Dix yet but we're going to rub Hyde all over your bitch face Kaep.

Tape your b-hole, Donte because you're going to have a Cobb up your ass all day long.

Get ready Niners-GAF because the Packers are coming just like these sex puns.

#VoiceOfThisGeneration

Velcro Fly

I was at the United Center for a preseason game between the Hawks and Penguins. I was in my Pens stuff and still had quite a few people get shitty with me.

One lady with a little kid was walking the opposite way. She makes it a point to get in my way and get in my face and scream "stupid fucking penguins fans get out of here" and storm off like I was the worst person on earth.

I cheered when the Pens did well and even let out a few "KOUUUUUUUUN" cheers when he made a save and the drunks in front of me kept turning around like they were going to jump me the second I left the arena.

It happens everywhere but it isn't a thing everyone does. I mean people in Cali get knifed or beat to death over baseball games like every year.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've been in Bank of America Stadium with a Seahawks jersey. It was cold and windy and I had a seat right outside one of the main walkways, or rather, wind tunnels. I ended up eating multiple baconators just to stay warm during halftime. Seattle lost and I was so worn and miserable that after going home I slept until either that night or the next day.

One problem I did not have, however, was Panthers fans.

Yeah man. I have a thick skin, when it comes to trash talk. There were people with friendly jabs and whatnot but I had a guy start shooting off personal attacks...

There is a line between good-natured sports antagonism and stuff that isn't okay. Outside of obvious things like assault, getting in people's faces, etc., nothing in that story seems out of line to me. Unless there were some guys that specifically just targeted him with their bile and just would not let it go, in which case he could have just talked to security and it would've been taken care of.

That said, I'm sorry he didn't enjoy himself, since I know NFL tickets are very expensive, but that's a risk you knowingly (or at least it should be) take when you go to a road game.

As I started to say, I had a guy behind me hurling out personal attacks which eventually led to him referring to me as "boy". First off, he has no idea who I am and like I told him, you wanna talk trash about the Rams, fine, say what you want.If my team loses, we lose. I am just here to support them, just like the Seahawk fans. You don't, however, have the right to call me outside my name.

Actually, there was discussion among Seattle fans about this earlier in the season. Many longtime fans were calling for better behavior and that they should have more class than that. I also saw complaints about groups of seats that didn't even know how to cheer properly. You yourself note that some Seattle fans were embarassed.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully the messaging I mentioned had some benefit.

As much as I ragged on MechDX for his "Since 2012" remarks, it's undeniable that it applies for a large number in CenturyLink Field these days.

It did and thanks. I think the person that felt the worst was my SO. She bought the tickets for us to go as a Christmas gift and she felt so bad what happened to me. She kept wanting me to find a positive thing about it and I really couldn't.

cdyhybrid

As I started to say, I had a guy behind me hurling out personal attacks which eventually led to him referring to me as "boy". First off, he has no idea who I am and like I told him, you wanna talk trash about the Rams, fine, say what you want.If my team loses, we lose. I am just here to support them, just like the Seahawk fans. You don't, however, have the right to call me outside my name.

I would agree that that pretty clearly crosses the line, and shouldn't be tolerated.

I would disagree with you painting the whole fanbase with a broad brush based on a few assholes' actions, though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would agree that that pretty clearly crosses the line, and shouldn't be tolerated.

I would disagree with you painting the whole fanbase with a broad brush based on a few assholes' actions, though.
It's been an issue. I would hope it's been adressed, but I really don't know one way or the other. I haven't seen any followups on the matter.

Top Bottom