• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

cdyhybrid

It's been an issue. I would hope it's been adressed, but I really don't know one way or the other. I haven't seen any followups on the matter.

It will always be an issue, especially at NFL games. Sad but true. All you can do is try and cut down on it and hope for the best.

I would agree that that pretty clearly crosses the line, and shouldn't be tolerated.

I would disagree with you painting the whole fanbase with a broad brush based on a few assholes' actions, though.

I'm sure there were classy fans there and I'm not attempting to say that all were cut from the same cloth. I will say the vocal ones spewing the venom were the ones I remembered, kinda how you are more likely to more vividly remember bad service at a restaurant vs. really good service.

cdyhybrid

I'm sure there were classy fans there and I'm not attempting to say that all were cut from the same cloth. I will say the vocal ones spewing the venom were the ones I remembered, kinda how you are more likely to more vividly remember bad service at a restaurant vs. really good service.

Yep, the assholes are always the loudest ones.

Trash talking isn't even my style unless it's just harmless trolling like in this thread. If my team is winning, the scoreboard is doing all the talking for me. If I'm losing, I'm probably more likely to be pissed at my team shitting it up, and won't have the desire to banter with people.

Fantomex

I would agree that that pretty clearly crosses the line, and shouldn't be tolerated.

I would disagree with you painting the whole fanbase with a broad brush based on a few assholes' actions, though.

The only fans that we can all agree are clownshoes are Pats fans. Broad brush and all.

There is a line between good-natured sports antagonism and stuff that isn't okay. Outside of obvious things like assault, getting in people's faces, etc., nothing in that story seems out of line to me. Unless there were some guys that specifically just targeted him with their bile and just would not let it go, in which case he could have just talked to security and it would've been taken care of.

That said, I'm sorry he didn't enjoy himself, since I know NFL tickets are very expensive, but that's a risk you knowingly (or at least it should be) take when you go to a road game.

Its a fucking sport. At the end of the day thats all it is. Adults should be adults, not obese alcoholics.

There is a line between good-natured sports antagonism and stuff that isn't okay. Outside of obvious things like assault, getting in people's faces, etc., nothing in that story seems out of line to me. Unless there were some guys that specifically just targeted him with their bile and just would not let it go, in which case he could have just talked to security and it would've been taken care of.

That said, I'm sorry he didn't enjoy himself, since I know NFL tickets are very expensive, but that's a risk you knowingly (or at least it should be) take when you go to a road game.

Aside from some shit talking and good-natured ribbing. Nothing else should really happen.

In the stadium, if you get jumped/stabbed in the parking lot. That's your own fault.
Joking...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Now see, THAT'S how you trash talk.
Haha, that's not exactly how I meant it there, but that too!

This is one reason why people should only have one team. You're forced to take losses on the chin and it encourages some amount of humility and empathy to keep you from going off the rails.

I want to agree with you. But not even them. Only 99%. Our two Germans are cool guys aside from their poor NFL team choice.

They have no resolve like everyone else on here except the Browns fans. Two years after Lady Brady's Granny Panties retires they will squicken over to the Rams where I'll be waiting with open arms

Honestly the main thing keeping me from wanting to go to a Seahawk game is the noise. My ears are really sensitive to loud noises (balloons popping always freak me out). With cheap earplugs I can barely stand a demolition derby. I suppose if I got better ones it would help but still.

Also our cats are still useless. -_-'

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, I'd definitely grab a pair of acoustic earplugs. They attenuate sound evenly so you still hear everything just not as loud.

LiveWire

Yea Seahawks fans are mostly asshats. I've heard many similar stories from road team fans visiting CenturyLink. The team was the best of a historically shitty division for a few years, lucked into a SB appearance and got completely exposed. The fanbase never had to deal with true heartbreak like a Bills or Browns fan, and so they don't know how to act when the team is actually good.

When people ask me what Seahawks fans are like, I tell them "like Steelers fans without the championships." Frothing at the mouth with their 12th man bullshit like a Yinzer waving his silly fucking towel.

Every fanbase has asshats of course, though from personal experience, Saints fans and especially Packers fans have been great.

Every fanbase has asshats, though from personal experience, Saints fans and especially Packers fans have been great.

Lol thats cause up until very recently Saints have been a historically shitty team. They've had some playoff appearances but mostly have been terrible. And since the turn around is fairly recent they remember those rough days.

I have quite a bit of respect for GB fans. That is a consistent winning franchise and the fans aren't generally (I've met a few exception but what fanbase doesn't have crappy people) shitheads.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yea Seahawks fans are mostly asshats. I've heard many similar stories from road team fans visiting CenturyLink. The team was the best of a historically shitty division for a few years, lucked into a SB appearance and got completely exposed. The fanbase never had to deal with true heartbreak like a Bills or Browns fan, and so they don't know how to act when the team is actually good.

When people ask me what Seahawks fans are like, I tell them "like Steelers fans without the championships." Frothing at the mouth with their 12th man bullshit like a Yinzer waving his silly fucking towel.

Every fanbase has asshats of course, though from personal experience, Saints fans and especially Packers fans have been great.
Hey, the 12th Man was from when we were shit and struggling in futility. Get your facts straight!

exactly my point

Idk, Seahawks aren't great, but like...Saints were the bottom of the barrel. Seahawks had a fun team back in the day and granted they ate alotta crow when they ran their mouth, but like they still had their backs.

(Bosworth getting trucked by Bo Jackson is a notable example, I know it's a player but it sums up my feelings about Seattle perfectly)

I personally would rather have the rowdy fans over the apathetic fans.

If you're a seahawks fan and don't want to be seen as a coward you should want the Niners to make it to the NFC championship. You're Superbowl win over the Chargers will be seen as fraudulent otherwise.

The Panthers almost beat the Seahawks week one when we were still playing shitty.

Why wouldn't they be able to beat them in the NFC Championship game?

cdyhybrid

Remember when RG3 was still a franchise QB and you thought you would've beaten us if he hadn't gotten hurt?

squicken

How are the Texans going to beat Andrew Luck with Blake Bortles? He 75% of Andrew Luck in every way. The answer is John Football. He may flop horribly but he's used to the college game of needing 40 points a game to win. Risk big win big. Don't be the same old Texans and play it safe

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Panthers almost beat the Seahawks week one when we were still playing shitty.

Why wouldn't they be able to beat them in the NFC Championship game?
We kneeled down within field goal range instead of scoring on our final drive. It didn't have to be as close as it was, but that's all we needed to win.

Wrayfield

I thought we were friends.

Can't trust Miami scum. We only have each other, friend.

I went out to watch the games and missed that. I take that back, Wes, you can ban Dutch and his poncy sweater and keep Act. He is a class Act, ahem, who actually has time when you visit him, unlike Dutch. He is prolly busy looking for his shirt :p

PS: That Colts game was brilliant, btw. So glad I wasn't rooting for one team or another, just a great night of watching football. Didn't wanna spoil it and it was late so didn't watch the Saints/Eagles.

squicken

xcscbadcl.gif

Too good not to pass along, The University of Texas hires a new coach

No it actually isn't. Have You been to arenas across the country? I have. Madison Square Garden, that shit wasn't happening. Yankee Stadium, CitiField... it wasn't happening. Oracle Arena in San Fran...wasn't happening. Portland, Oregon...I was there a few Saturdays ago...no of that shit was happening. No on was getting targeted before during and after all those events because they had an opposing jersey on.

I can go on.

It's NOT like that in 95% of "big time sporting events"...this was something else but it's cool, man.

Sounds like you would have fit right in at CenturyLink with your attitude in the bolded.

I got booed/heckled/jeered at Minute Maid Park for rooting for the astros a couple of years ago when we were playing the Cardinals. How about them apples. Some people are jerks at games, not sure why. It's a shame if Centurylink has an overabundance of them.

Kiryu

Am I wrong to say that I can't wait for Seahawks matchup with Saints once again. I still would like close game than "blow out" game in prime time.

Here's Worthy Gif of Russell Wilson. I finally found that gif that I asked during Saints vs Seahawks game where no one really saw that.

rdrink1.gif

fixed

njean777

Williams, and Peters talking shit after the game saying the Saints were not better, Sorry bros but you guys lost the game, so yes they were better then you last night. I might be an eagles fan, but I am not stupid either.

squicken

Williams, and Peters talking shit after the game saying the Saints were not better, Sorry bros but you guys lost the game, so yes they were better then you last night. I might be an eagles fan, but I am not stupid either.

Salty

“I felt like this was the year,” left tackle Jason Peters said. “We would have won, we would have had to go face [No. 2 seed] Carolina. I felt real good about playing them, but like I said, we got knocked out and we’re at home now.

“They got lucky and beat us. We beat ourselves in the first half and they came out with the win.”

---

“We lost to a team that wasn’t necessarily better than us,” Williams said. “They weren’t better than us. Period. But [they were] better tonight. They got the job done.”

e:

Alex Smith Never Repped Game Losing Throw With Cyrus Gray

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

This week NFL fined Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch $50,000 - $50,000! - for not speaking to media throughout this season, per Seattle source.
So dumb. NFL players apparently get paid to lick ESPN's balls.

We kneeled down within field goal range instead of scoring on our final drive. It didn't have to be as close as it was, but that's all we needed to win.

So the Panthers weren't leading that game going into the fourth quarter and Deangelo Williams didn't have a fumble that completely changed the complexion of that game?

Top Bottom