• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Football is played over four quarters, not three, and that fumble was forced!

I'm just saying that the game was close until the end, with the Panthers driving late to take the lead back until that fumble.

Both offenses were bottled up for the most part, but Wussy made more plays to win (+clutch forced fumble) and that's why you got the W.

I imagine a second game in Seattle would be played very similarly.

They won't have a last place schedule or the NFC East to inflate their win total so 8-8 seems possible.
Hmm AFC East and NFC West next season, with extras vs Steelers and Titans. Could get to 8 or 9. It will be interesting to see if they are the next one year wonder that has a massive decline though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
For all the crap I give Bears fans, it's known that Bears fans can go to Green Bay and Green Bay fans to Chicago and generally there won't be any issues....just a little banter at most.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got booed/heckled/jeered at Minute Maid Park for rooting for the astros a couple of years ago when we were playing the Cardinals. How about them apples. Some people are jerks at games, not sure why. It's a shame if Centurylink has an overabundance of them.

You were booed at the HOME STADIUM of the team?

bestfansstloius lives up to its name.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So dumb. NFL players apparently get paid to lick ESPN's balls.

Such absolute bullshit. Can't he say he has anxiety or some shit so he doesn't have to talk?

How so? It's part of his job to talk to the media. It doesn't mean he has to be a great quote, hell he could answer every question "yes" "no" but he has a duty and responsibility to talk to the media through the season. It's the same for every athlete.

Striker

Williams, and Peters talking shit after the game saying the Saints were not better, Sorry bros but you guys lost the game, so yes they were better then you last night. I might be an eagles fan, but I am not stupid either.
Reminds me of all the whining Clay Matthews did when the Giants kicked their ass.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hito's argument was that the game wasn't close. If Williams doesn't fumble the ball there, the Panthers have 1st and goal on SEA 8 where a touchdown takes a 14-12 lead with 5 minutes left.
No, I said it wasn't AS close as it would seem from the score. Carolina more or less collapsed at the end, at least defensively if not offensively. Panthers fans keep saying "oh man, if only he didn't fumble", when it wasn't pure happenstance to begin with and then you lost on account of failing to keep us from marching toward your endzone on the final drive. If it could have gone better for you, it could have gone better for us as well.

eznark

Banned
Hito's argument was that the game wasn't close. If Williams doesn't fumble the ball there, the Panthers have 1st and goal on SEA 8 where a touchdown takes a 14-12 lead with 5 minutes left.

And if Wilson throws ten touchdowns the Seahawks have 70 more points. What's your point?

MechDX

How are the Texans going to beat Andrew Luck with Blake Bortles? He 75% of Andrew Luck in every way. The answer is John Football. He may flop horribly but he's used to the college game of needing 40 points a game to win. Risk big win big. Don't be the same old Texans and play it safe

In BOB you trust. Or he will kick your ass!

BOB hires a guy, Jim Bernhardt , to just tell him when he is fucking up.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/04/mystery_man_meet_jim_bernhardt.html

The anti-Kubiak.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Love Smith’s contract contains the clause that gives him final say over all personnel matters on Buccaneerss final 53-man roster.

Which means he gets control of the offense. Congrats, Saints-Panthers-Falcons fans

BigAT

xcscbadcl.gif

Too good not to pass along, The University of Texas hires a new coach

Amazing.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
As @mortreport reported, former Titans HC Mike Munchak will interview today for the Penn State HC job.

Why do I get this funny feeling Munchak refused to make those firings on purpose?

squicken

Why do I get this funny feeling Munchak refused to make those firings on purpose?

What kind of assistants was he going to attract when he was a one year lame duck? What good coordinator would come there just to be fired a year later? Titans ownership is as stupid as the Budster

MechDX

What kind of assistants was he going to attract when he was a one year lame duck? What good coordinator would come there just to be fired a year later? Titans ownership is as stupid as the Budster

There was talk he was always wanting to go back to PSU. Planned all along IMO

At least it should make JNC somewhat happy

squicken

There was talk he was always wanting to go back to PSU. Planned all along IMO

That probably is true. Either way, it's best for the team that he left. Now they can fully start over, though the owner already said he likes Locker, so you have to wonder if that is a condition of the job?

Bowser

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 19m
Good info from @mortreport on Munchak: Will interview w/ PSU, was offered a multi-yr extension from TEN if he made a bunch of staff changes.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 16m
Miik Munchak is scheduled to interview today with alma mater, Penn State, after turning down a hefty raise and extension offer from Titans.

MechDX

That probably is true. Either way, it's best for the team that he left. Now they can fully start over, though the owner already said he likes Locker, so you have to wonder if that is a condition of the job?

"Ill do it but I need ol #8 as a vet back up! Send that Warmack kid down to Houston!"

Hundley must have been really upset with the report he got from the Draft Advisory Board:

ddZpNqh.gif

oh my

Teboooooooooooooooow

He is becoming one with the ESPN now.

Also, I had a feeling Whisenhunt would be in Detroit but I think this is Mariucci 2.0.

d[-_-]b

Banned
lol Chiefs fans, that was rough I didn't even watch the game, checked the score you guys were on cruise control with a 24-7 lead, didn't expect that collapse....

Narag

d[-_-]b;95952667 said:
lol Chiefs fans, that was rough I didn't even watch the game, checked the score you guys were on cruise control with a 24-7 lead, didn't expect that collapse....

Lots of bad injuries for them that game.

Top Bottom