• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Wes

venison crêpe
4 is way too high for him. Browns need to trade down from 4 and pick up another 2nd if who they want isn't up there.

I think they'll just take who they want at 4 without pissing around.

Heck, I think they may even trade up to 2.

Syrinx

4 is way too high for him. Browns need to trade down from 4 and pick up another 2nd if who they want isn't up there.

Didn't say the Browns would take him.

But ultimately if the Browns decide he's their guy I don't really think it would matter what his value is pick-wise, they'll take him. Maybe they'll trade slightly down, but too many teams at the top of the draft desperately need a quarterback for him to fall to 22 unless he totally bombs the combine/workouts/interviews.

Johny Football Will turn it all around When he hits the NFL. He Will be great.

Save this post so I can brag about being right in the future.

My range of emotions in this game as a Duke fan:

Gif_adam_whatever.gif

tumblr_lr40gt7FrS1qly9zdo1_400.gif

Ri19q.gif

UF1mhCa.gif

AlonzoFacepalmLeBronTech.gif

Nod.gif

PierceStruggleFace1.gif

Anyhoo I'm out bros have a good night.

(But not too good, don't wake up in a ditch with a Sconi woman on top of you)

squicken

Good game by your guys, Grover. I thought Boone looked really good until right at the end. A&M puts a lot of pressure on opposing offenses when they start rolling. Cutcliffe coached about as good a game as ti gets for the talent he has to work with

LJ11

QBs definitely going one and two. Manziels mechanics are shit and his anticipation/progression needs a lot of work, but he makes so many plays and throws a good deep ball. No clue what the Rams will do, but I don't think Manziel gets by the number 2 pick, regardless of who holds it. You had scrubs like Gabbert, Ponder, Locker go within the first 12 picks. No way he gets by 2, especially with the hype machine that will push all kinds of merchandise and tickets.

Hell of a game, feel bad for Boone, had a whale of a ball game but you could see the CBs creep on those short curls, was going to hurt him eventually.

squicken

QBs definitely going one and two. Manziels mechanics are shit and his anticipation/progression needs a lot of work, but he makes so many plays and throws a good deep ball. No clue what the Rams will do, but I don't think Manziel gets by the number 2 pick, regardless of who holds it. You had scrubs like Gabbert, Ponder, Locker go within the first 12 picks. No way he gets by 2, especially with the hype machine that will push all kinds of merchandise and tickets.

Hell of a game, feel bad for Boone, had a whale of a ball game but you could see the CBs creep on those short curls, was going to hurt him eventually.

Rams fans want Manziel. Fisher has committed to Bradford. We'll see. STL would be perfect. Docile media, baseball town, national media can't locate it on a map. Less pressure

MechDX

Jive Kevin Sumlin ‏@JiveKevinSumlin 14m
TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT I CAN WALK ON WATER AND NOW YOU WITNESSED IT TONIGHT! #BlackJesus

Jive Kevin Sumlin ‏@JiveKevinSumlin 14m
Dear Haters, suck it. Suck it hard, suck it fast, suck it often, and suck it slow. You've just been #BlackJesused! #YOLO

This twitter account. lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lovie Smith confirmed to be interviewing in Detroit soon.

Yes, please!

Happy New Year, NFL-GAF!

MechDX

So what is so special about O'Brien? The texans are the hometown team here so I pay attention to them.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/12/obrien-hiring-caps-focused-coaching-search-by-texans/

Why Bill O’Brien?

Because the Penn State coach was the hottest head-coaching prospect available to NFL owners, and owner Bob McNair took an instant liking to him.

Once McNair, Smith and vice chairman Cal McNair interviewed O’Brien after Christmas, they were impressed with his intelligence, organization, leadership, and, last but not least — his success in his two seasons at Penn State.

Those who have followed O’Brien’s career say he’s a team player who’s not a control freak. They say he’s creative on offense and likes to be aggressive when calling plays. They say he’s accountable and expects his players to be accountable. They also say there’s a toughness about him that rubs off on his players.

One factor in getting O’Brien so quick was his interest in taking over a team with the first pick in the draft. I’m told he loves working with quarterbacks, and he’ll have his choice of every prospect available. That’s quite an enticement.

Obviously, O’Brien was impressed with the Texans’ hierarchy, talent and having the first pick in every round of the draft.

Most important, O’Brien was impressed with McNair, according to two people who have worked with the coach.

Coaches want stability. Few owners offer it like McNair. He kept Capers for four seasons and didn’t want to fire him but was left with no choice after the Texans plunged from 7-9 to 2-14.

McNair employed Kubiak for almost eight full seasons and didn’t want to fire him, either, but elected to do it with time left on the clock so he could start the process.

Cleveland, Washington take notes...

Bill is EXACTLY what this team needs right now. Someone to get them fired up and hold players accountable something severely lacking under Kubiak

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I think you could make a pretty damn good living as a GM by just doing the opposite of what skip bayless says.

So what is so special about O'Brien? The texans are the hometown team here so I pay attention to them.
from what I've read and heard, he's done a pretty good job as coach at Penn State after everything that's happened there.

Lovie Smith confirmed to be interviewing in Detroit soon.

Yes, please!

Happy New Year, NFL-GAF!
why? As a lions fan you saw first hand what he did.

Top Bottom