• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

eznark

Banned
So when winning of teams I can´t stand is counted, I´m 4 of 4. Great going.

The last refuge of a loser.

Reporting for duty. Go whoever is playing the Patriots!

I kind of have no hate for any of the other teams left. This is a bizarre year. No fun at all.

dionysus

Yaldog
I really wondering if the Texans should get Clowney now. Would he be a better choice over Bridgewater/JFF/Whoever considering we would have to keep Andrew Luck in check for many many years most likely?

It is not like he is a sure thing. If he was a guaranteed star sure. Finding a franchise QB is the best possible outcome but also with the greatest risk of failure. But any drafted player has a pretty good chance of being a bust.

On a different note, people's expectations of their QB are absurd. The biggest absurdity to me is how people in this very thread expect that their QB should have a win percentage in the postseason similar to the regular season and use that stat to claim their QB should be cut.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yeah, I was thinking if he was to turn out well in the NFL. I'm just not sold on any of the QB's often mentioned in the draft. =\

andthebeatgoeson

Doutzen Kroes is the hottest woman alive and she's Dutch.

Yes, she is. And down with the BBC. Relevant to my interests:
DOUTZEN-KROES.jpg

doutzen-kroes-vogue-uk-12.jpg

I'm divorcing my wife and moving to the, wherever that is.

andthebeatgoeson

Foles sucked in the first half, but was lights out in the second half. I have no problems with him coming out a bit nervous since he only has started 16 games so far. Next year is his 3rd year and that is the no excuses year. He needs to clean things up big time. Chip always says that the most important thing for a QB to do is not turn the ball over, and I think Nick really takes that to heart and will hold the ball if he isnt sure about a throw, but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. 2nd and 10 beats 2nd and 17 any day. Foles is the starter for sure next year, but if he falters then they will get a new guy the following year.

Definitely. He's a big enough guy to get the ball out when the blitz comes. He needs to study a lot. At 6'6, he should have no problem with the blitz. But he did some young QB mistakes all year. I never like a QB to get happy feet. Or, throw some duck up 20 yards downfield. I guess I'm not seeing what he sees but with pressure and movement, he makes questionable throws. Something I'm sure will catch up to him. With experience, a good defense will put themselves in the right place to figure out where he'll chuck it. Ain't no way Vick or anybody else starts game 1 unless Foles is hurt. He played well enough to overcome Vick's biggest hurdle: can't stay healthy. And makes us think, with improvement, he can be our starter for about 10 years.

Imagine Maclin. It's why I don't give a fuck about who got hurt. Everybody has a key piece that got hurt. Ours was an offense without our biggest WR threat. Luckily, Djax got over his bitchassness and finally put up a year he should. Next year (i've been saying this too many years) should be great with both of them playing. And with YouPeople or Avant in the slot, they need to really take advantage of these next few years of Shady's greatness. This offseason should be about the D. Really, what part of the offense do we need to improve in the first few rounds?

Edit: nvm, a big possession WR.

jbug617

Banned
NFL is going to mess with the product.

@andrewperloff: Dan Patrick says he's been told that the NFL will add a wild card team in both conferences.

Thursday Night Football already a bad idea, I don't get the need for more playoff teams.

Nameless

No thanks. We want a QB.

Who do you want?

Watch them draft Clowney only to end up with David Carr's snot nosed little brother. Lombardi is smarter than that though, right? Hope so. I Iike him and I like the Browns. You guys have a legit fan base and Debartolo/Policy ties. Don't fuck this up!

eznark

Banned
Who do you want?

Watch them draft Clowney only to end up with David Carr's snot nosed little brother. Lombardi is smarter than that though, right? Hope so. I Iike him and I like the Browns. You guys have a legit fan base and Debartolo/Policy ties. Don't fuck this up!

lolol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NFL is going to mess with the product.

Thursday Night Football already a bad idea, I don't get the need for more playoff teams.

How would this even work? Only one bye?

I guess that really would make teams push for that #1 seed, and, in the process, nearly eliminate the "my team is going to rest up on the last week" problem.

I still say division winner should be guaranteed a playoff spot but not a home game. Apparently my view on that subject brought about my tag.

Edit: Ian Rappaport reporting that it hasn't been voted on yet. Will be voted on at owner's meetings this offseason. So, I guess that's a guaranteed yes anyway.

eznark

Banned
Money, that's the need.

Going full on tournament and pitching the everybody has a chance shit.

Going to be interesting to see the decline of early round ticket sales. I guess the NFL kind of gives no fucks on that end, it's all about TV revenue.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Arizona at Carolina and Pittsburgh at New England.

These would have been the games had the extra playoff teams been in this year.

No thanks.

ShaneB

At least you're not a Chiefs fan!

A fair and valid point. It can always be worse.

Yeah, no one to root for left.
And I´m still mad at the maddenesque showing of KC@IND. That's no football, dammit!

I'd usually agree with you as I've said often my preference for low scoring defencive games, but that game was terrific just because of the comeback involved. The fact that sports is never over until it's over. I'm baffled at some of the things I was reading last night with people claiming games were over in the 2nd quarter!

I wouldn't mind more playoff football.

Agreed. I fail to see this as a bad thing. 32 team league where 14 teams make it instead of 12? I'm fine with that.

jmdajr

“To Texan suite sales-I am sorry,but because of recent changes I will Not renew my purchase of a suite. Hope u understand. - Wade Phillips”

Guess Wade is pretty upset. Until proven otherwise, he ran the most successful D we ever had.
I'll miss him.

Top Bottom