• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Definitely. He's a big enough guy to get the ball out when the blitz comes. He needs to study a lot. At 6'6, he should have no problem with the blitz. But he did some young QB mistakes all year. I never like a QB to get happy feet. Or, throw some duck up 20 yards downfield. I guess I'm not seeing what he sees but with pressure and movement, he makes questionable throws. Something I'm sure will catch up to him. With experience, a good defense will put themselves in the right place to figure out where he'll chuck it. Ain't no way Vick or anybody else starts game 1 unless Foles is hurt. He played well enough to overcome Vick's biggest hurdle: can't stay healthy. And makes us think, with improvement, he can be our starter for about 10 years.

Imagine Maclin. It's why I don't give a fuck about who got hurt. Everybody has a key piece that got hurt. Ours was an offense without our biggest WR threat. Luckily, Djax got over his bitchassness and finally put up a year he should. Next year (i've been saying this too many years) should be great with both of them playing. And with YouPeople or Avant in the slot, they need to really take advantage of these next few years of Shady's greatness. This offseason should be about the D. Really, what part of the offense do we need to improve in the first few rounds?

Edit: nvm, a big possession WR.

I would love for them to get a big WR and I really do think Chip will push for that after listening to him talk this year. On offense I also would mind a G to push Todd, who had a down year, or even a late round flier for a LT since Peters isnt the same player he was before the injury. The have to shore up the defense though. I wonder if there is any chance Ha Ha falls to the 22nd pick? They also need another OLB. Graham is great rushing the passer but he cant cover at all. They only drop him into coverage on 10% of his snaps, so putting him in is telling the offense this guy right here is rushing. I also worry how much does Cole have left. I also wouldnt be adverse to a big run stuffing NT who could play on 1st and 2nd down. Saints ran the ball 36 times on Saturday. If the Eagles could have just stopped the run that would have been an easy win. I actually think they are good at CB, I love Fletcher and Cary did better then I thought he would. Boykin is amazing in the slot, leave all 3 guys where they are and give them another year in this system. Eagles have to get a KR in this draft. Brad Smith has no burst or speed at all. He would have huge holes but they would always close before he could get to them. I understand Boykin is to important to risk back there but they need someone else desperately. They also need to address kicker. Alex is terrible on kickoffs and shaky on anything over 40 yards as well. I loved what I saw from Chip iand the coaches, the offense will definitely work in the NFL, and the defense was so much better then anyone would have thought after the preseason. They just got to replace some of these Reid guys with Chip guys and the future should be bright.

Hammer24

Banned
Oh you came back, after talking all that shit.

You disappeared after we won.

Fell asleep, sorry.
...but you´re not going to tell me you didn´t believe the game was lost after the INT early 3rdQ?

I'd usually agree with you as I've said often my preference for low scoring defencive games, but that game was terrific just because of the comeback involved.

The less likeable team won, which degraded the experience somewhat... ;)

I would love for them to get a big WR and I really do think Chip will push for that after listening to him talk this year. On offense I also would mind a G to push Todd, who had a down year, or even a late round flier for a LT since Peters isnt the same player he was before the injury. The have to shore up the defense though. I wonder if there is any chance Ha Ha falls to the 22nd pick? They also need another OLB. Graham is great rushing the passer but he cant cover at all. They only drop him into coverage on 10% of his snaps, so putting him in is telling the offense this guy right here is rushing. I also worry how much does Cole have left. I also wouldnt be adverse to a big run stuffing NT who could play on 1st and 2nd down. Saints ran the ball 36 times on Saturday. If the Eagles could have just stopped the run that would have been an easy win. I actually think they are good at CB, I love Fletcher and Cary did better then I thought he would. Boykin is amazing in the slot, leave all 3 guys where they are and give them another year in this system. Eagles have to get a KR in this draft. Brad Smith has no burst or speed at all. He would have huge holes but they would always close before he could get to them. I understand Boykin is to important to risk back there but they need someone else desperately. They also need to address kicker. Alex is terrible on kickoffs and shaky on anything over 40 yards as well. I loved what I saw from Chip iand the coaches, the offense will definitely work in the NFL, and the defense was so much better then anyone would have thought after the preseason. They just got to replace some of these Reid guys with Chip guys and the future should be bright.

Chip only used midget WRs in college. Him going after a big guy seems counter intuitive.

Chip only used midget WRs in college. Him going after a big guy seems counter intuitive.

He has talked about it since the day he was hired. His first press conference he said that his philosophy is big people beat up little people and he wants a team of big people. He was trying to distance himself from Andy Reid who was notorious for favoring smaller quicker players. Chip has also talked about needing bigger targets in the red zone, especially early in the season when the Eagles were the worst team in the red zone. I 100% expect Avant to be gone and that to open up a spot for a taller WR. Hopefully Maclin will also resign for an incentive laden deal.

Smokey

Who do you want?

I dunno. Winston seems far better than any of the qbs this year. I don't feel good about any in this crop being taken #1.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your wish.

last place schedule, average qb play from some one, a d coordinator who adjusts and is not stubborn, a special teams coach who isn't special and no kubiak guarantees at least 8 wins. Maybe 9 at minimum.

ShaneB

The less likeable team won, which degraded the experience somewhat... ;)

Heh, fair enough! I picked the Chiefs to win as well, and I wanted my boy Tragicomedy to be happy, but alas :(

This Saturday, we are all Colts fans.

I dunno =( The Colts did beat the Seahawks so if the Colts keep playing hot football, they're as scary a team as any. But yeah.. fuck the Patriots. It's a toss up! No real interest in caring about either team, just hope for a good game.

DMczaf

Bengals owner Mike Brown continues to throw Jay Gruden's HC hopes under the bus.

Bengals owner Mike Brown: I wanted to draft Colin Kaepernick

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

January 5, 2014 12:55 pm ET

Colin Kaepernick will be the 49ers starting quarterback in Green Bay on Sunday, but he wouldn't be if Bengals owner Mike Brown would have had his way during the 2011 NFL Draft.

Brown, who also serves as the team's general manager, admitted during an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer this week that he wanted to draft Kaepernick with the 35th overall pick and not Andy Dalton. "I like [Kaepernick]. He has unusual mobility," Brown said of his thoughts at the time.

However, the Bengals didn't take Kaepernick though because offensive coordinator Jay Gruden was able to talk Brown out of it. Gruden felt that Dalton fit his offense better than Kaepernick did.

So idk if its been posted or not but on the Dan Patrick show he said the NFL is going to a 7 team playoff in each conference by adding a 3rd WC back into the mix. So essentially the 1 seed is the only one with a bye, then you have 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5.

People have reported it's not official and it might be something the NFL owners vote on this year and DP might even have inside info that enough owners will vote yes. I personally love the idea. It puts an emphasis on the #1 seed and could maybe lead to more interesting week 17 games.

This Saturday, we are all Colts fans.

yes yes yes

If ever there was a de-modable offense this is it.

N8u2lpT.jpg

MechDX

I really wish the texans picked next year to be garbage. They can't do anything right.

Going away, fuck you present from Kubes.

“To Texan suite sales-I am sorry,but because of recent changes I will Not renew my purchase of a suite. Hope u understand. - Wade Phillips”

Guess Wade is pretty upset. Until proven otherwise, he ran the most successful D we ever had.
I'll miss him.

Yeah great D until that Pats game last year where his stubborness refused to play zone and let their TEs do whatever the fuck they wanted.

Glad the whole staff is gome. BOB has done nothing but impress me with his words and philosophies. As of now I trust him. If he feels Teddy or Bortles can be the guy then do it! Can't get much worse than 2-14.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He's got a gun, and certainly has some legs, but he needs to control emotions and learn to read the field better. He'll never be a Montana

Funny thing is, this is exactly what a bunch of fans said about Steve Young for years and years because he kept losing in the playoffs and had a tendency to make poor decisions and turnovers.

I'm not saying that Kap's going to become as good as Young, but it's still pretty early in his career.

I would feel so much better about this offseason if the Phins would have fired Ireland. In a perfect world both he and Philbin would be done, but at least Ireland should have gone. I really dont understand how everyone comes back after that6 collapse at the end of the year.

Top Bottom