• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

jmdajr

Going away, fuck you present from Kubes.

Yeah great D until that Pats game last year where his stubborness refused to play zone and let their TEs do whatever the fuck they wanted.

Glad the whole staff is gome. BOB has done nothing but impress me with his words and philosophies. As of now I trust him. If he feels Teddy or Bortles can be the guy then do it! Can't get much worse than 2-14.

If someone else can get more out the D I'm all for it. But I don't think we'll ever see a jump from last to the the top ever again. That was mind blowing.

Fantomex

All the pilots who got shot down trying to take out the Death Star.

Tannehill:

250px-Porkins.jpg

Tannehill ain't Porkins. I think he's more like Wicket. Feisty but powerless.

Gregg Doyel with CBS Sports just took a big shit on Dalton:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wr...ges-his-role-in-loss-better-than-he-does-ints

Let's look at that. The Bengals ran 22 more offensive plays than San Diego, outgained the Chargers 439 yards to 318, forced twice as many punts and even had one fewer penalty. And yet the Bengals lost by 17 points. How? The four turnovers they committed, compared to none for San Diego. Dalton committed three of them. All three were absolutely his fault.

Not even Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, never one to be tough on his players through the media, could pretend this game wasn't a bad look for his quarterback.

"He's going to be very disappointed in himself, obviously," Lewis said. "He is the [quarterback of this] football team, and I'm sure he's very disappointed."

Don't be so sure. Dalton avoided every question about his personal failings, but jumped on one about whether he had grown in three years at the position.

"I definitely have," Dalton said, finally unloading the first-person pronoun. "I've improved a lot and it shows with everything we've done this year."

Fair is fair: The Bengals offense finished in the top 10 in yards (10th) and points (sixth), and Dalton threw for a career-best 4,293 yards and 33 touchdowns. But truth is truth, and the truth is Dalton came up tiny in the regular-season finale when the Bengals were playing for a first-round bye -- didn't work, even though they won -- and he threw for a career-high four interceptions against the Ravens.

And the Chargers? They watched that film.

"We saw him throw four interceptions last week against the Ravens," Wright said. "First play of the game, he threw a pick. We knew he'd throw us some."

Knew? Interesting. I took that answer to the other San Diego defender who picked off Dalton, Ingram, and asked him about it: Did you hope Dalton would throw interceptions today, or did you know?

"We didn't hope," Ingram said.

Don't tell Dalton. Or do. Either way, he's not listening.

I didn't watch any of the pressers afterwards so I don't know how accurate any of it is but there you go.

espn has a cute little article saying the niners are the best team in the league.

NEWSFLASH: 49ers just barely got past a banged up packers football team. they aint winning the superbowl

espn has a cute little article saying the niners are the best team in the league.

NEWSFLASH: 49ers just barely got past a banged up packers football team. they aint winning the superbowl

Packers have the best QB ever, the best GM ever, and a coach who is criminally underrated by the media. Beating them is an unimaginable accomplishment.

jbug617

Banned
So the Browns are not interviewing Stoops?

@RapSheet: #Browns spent the week internally discussing & lauding Bob Stoops. Expected to interview him. Now they put out to locals they won't. Strange

This really feels like they want McDaniels but I believe it was reported he wasn't offered the job yet.

So idk if its been posted or not but on the Dan Patrick show he said the NFL is going to a 7 team playoff in each conference by adding a 3rd WC back into the mix. So essentially the 1 seed is the only one with a bye, then you have 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5.

People have reported it's not official and it might be something the NFL owners vote on this year and DP might even have inside info that enough owners will vote yes. I personally love the idea. It puts an emphasis on the #1 seed and could maybe lead to more interesting week 17 games.

Eh that means 14 of the 32 teams make the playoffs? That's almost NBA levels of ridiculous. 12 teams seems like the perfect amount.

eznark

Banned
Eh that means 14 of the 32 teams make the playoffs? That's almost NBA levels of ridiculous. 12 teams seems like the perfect amount.

Hopefully coaches will stick their dick in the leagues eye and bench important starters throughout the year. You only have to have a better record than 55% of the league? Rest QB's for a few weeks to keep them healthy.

TheFatOne

Bengals owner Mike Brown continues to throw Jay Gruden's HC hopes under the bus.

Stories like this are such bullshit. If Kaep turned out to be complete fucking garbage you wouldn't hear shit about how he wanted him. I never buy bullshit stories like this.

I think he's projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Still way to high. RB is the one position they are totally set at. If Shady were to go down I wouldnt worry about either Brown of Polk stepping in and doing well. No way do they draft a RB with so many other holes on this team.

Newsflash: That was the best game the Packers played all year, in 5 degree weather, in Lambeau field.

Roman getting interviews with Vikings and Redskins! Please, god, someone find Roman a new home.

YAY!!!!!!!

squicken

So the Browns are not interviewing Stoops?

This really feels like they want McDaniels but I believe it was reported he wasn't offered the job yet.

It's McDaniels' job. All the rest is silliness to make it look like they didn't decide on that months ago

Nameless

Roman getting interviews with Vikings and Redskins! Please, god, someone find Roman a new home.

I'm good either way on Roman. His staying this year was key to give Kaep complete continuity in his formative years, but luckily we have a Head Coach with his own offensive system & philosophy so it's not like a new OC means starting from scratch like it used to. I say promote Geep Chryst if Roman leaves. He's a really smart dude who's ready to make the leap.

gutshot

Still way to high. RB is the one position they are totally set at. If Shady were to go down I wouldnt worry about either Brown of Polk stepping in and doing well. No way do they draft a RB with so many other holes on this team.

He wouldn't be strictly RB depth. He'd play more of a Tavon Austin role on the team. So he'd be our primary kick and punt returner (a position we definitely need upgraded), and would come in occasionally on offense either in the backfield or the slot.

I don't mind spending a 3rd rounder on someone like that. We need one more dynamic player on this offense as teams are able to stack the box to stop Shady and then play man with a single high safety to help with DJax. A good D can really slow down our offense playing this way. Having the Black Mamba out there with the "Seans" would really open things up.

So Rivers didn't throw the ball one time in the 4th quarter yesterday. Hopefully that was a very Bengals-specific strategy, because they can't be that conservative against the Broncos.

TheFatOne

I have been thinking about who plays TY Hilton in the Pats game. I think what you do is put Dennard or Ryan and double him with McCourty. Then, have Talib take out the next best player on on one which would be Fleener. If Talib plays his game he can shut down whoever he is up against. I believe Talib can shut down Fleener,and they can slow down TY with a double team. If the other players on the Colts can beat you then hats off to them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jay Gruden getting some interviews

@AdamSchefter: Titans, Lions, Vikings and Redskins each requesting permission to interview Bengals OC Jay Gruden, per source.

NO THANK YOU

Top Bottom