• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Especially after the mess in denver, why the hell is he so highly sought after,

lombardi.jpg

squicken

I dont understand why they wouldnt even interview Stoops. Setting your sights on McD and ignoring everyone else seems like a really bad idea.

I'm not sure what kind of NFL staff Stoops can put together. He's not going to be doing any gameplanning or playcalling. A manager type coach. Not that he isn't involved, but he's very reliant on coordinators and assistants

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have been thinking about who plays TY Hilton in the Pats game. I think what you do is put Dennard or Ryan and double him with McCourty. Then, have Talib take out the next best player on on one which would be Fleener. If Talib plays his game he can shut down whoever he is up against. I believe Talib can shut down Fleener,and they can slow down TY with a double team. If the other players on the Colts can beat you then hats off to them.

Pats should play 11 DBs at all times. Trent Richardson still would average less than 3 YPC.

He wouldn't be strictly RB depth. He'd play more of a Tavon Austin role on the team. So he'd be our primary kick and punt returner (a position we definitely need upgraded), and would come in occasionally on offense either in the backfield or the slot.

I don't mind spending a 3rd rounder on someone like that. We need one more dynamic player on this offense as teams are able to stack the box to stop Shady and then play man with a single high safety to help with DJax. A good D can really slow down our offense playing this way. Having the Black Mamba out there with the "Seans" would really open things up.

I agree that they need another peice on offense, I just want it to be a big physical WR. The kind of guy that even when double covered can go up and snatch the ball. The offense struggles at times in big games because the refs swallow the whistles and the Eagles WRs cant fight through all the hand checking. Lewis for the Saints was just grabbing DJax in a lot of the highlights, you need someone that can still be effective when that garbage happens.

Trey

I have been thinking about who plays TY Hilton in the Pats game. I think what you do is put Dennard or Ryan and double him with McCourty. Then, have Talib take out the next best player on on one which would be Fleener. If Talib plays his game he can shut down whoever he is up against. I believe Talib can shut down Fleener,and they can slow down TY with a double team. If the other players on the Colts can beat you then hats off to them.

Come out heavy, play action. Screens. Motion. Send fleener on skinny posts. A lot of options to get players open when you're sitting on them like that. You commit three people to two dudes, someone is going to be open, or the run game will be there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He took Dalton to the playoffs three straight years. This is why you can't have nice things.

33 points total in those games. Never really impressing on the offensive end even during the season. I just don't get the hype over the guy. I really think the fact that his last name is Gruden has more to do with it.

33 points total in those games. Never really impressing on the offensive end even during the season. I just don't get the hype over the guy. I really think the fact that his last name is Gruden has more to do with it.

You dont think it is impressive that an Andy Dalton lead offense scored the 6th most points in the NFL? If Gruden had a great QB running his offense it would be fucking scary.

eznark

Banned

They averaged 27 points per game this year. I mean, as a Lions fan I can understand why regular season would be meaningless what with the perennial trips to the playoffs you guys get but sheesh, he averaged 27 ppg with Andy Dalton at QB.

At some point you need to pick one; Dalton sucks or Gruden sucks. They kinda can't suck together to the tune of 27 ppg.

Yesterday happened.

The Niners were the better team and if that game isn't played in the weather it was or the refs not giving a fuck, it would've likely been a different game.
Green Bay had things tilted in their favor and couldn't get it done. Losers lose. I hope the players and coaches own up to their fuckery. They blew it.

That being said, Kaep is a shit kicker of a QB. He's lucky our defense is slower than molasses. But in the NFL, your QB only matters to a certain extent. It's a team game.
That's why garbagemen like Flacco can win Super Bowls.

Rodgers on the other hand, can play lights out and then have his own fan base talk shit about him the next day. Unbelievable.

Crisco

Banned
Man, this is going to be the longest week ever. After watching the 49ers last night, I feel pretty good about the Panthers chances. They are still a mediocre team offensively and if the Packers can find some running room against that defense, so will the Panthers. Kaep still looks like he's locking on to one receiver from the snap, and rarely throws to even a check down. I'll take Cam any day of the week in another low scoring defensive slug fest.

gutshot

DeSean Jackson wants a new deal. Great.

DeSean Jackson is after a new deal once again.

The 27-year-old wideout signed a five-year contract in the 2012 offseason that was valued at right around $50 million and included a $10 million signing bonus. But the guaranteed money (a cool $18 million) was all contained in the first two seasons. The rest of the contract is basically filled with option years, and they come at a steep price.

“I think my agent Joel Segal has a great plan going into this offseason. I still feel like I’m a top receiver in this league, I’ve been able to do some explosive things, and I really don’t feel like there’s a lot of receivers that are able to bring it to the field,” said Jackson at his locker stall Monday. “I definitely feel something’s deserving, so we’ll see how that plays out and hopefully we can work things out smoothly and not have to worry about anything out of the ordinary. But I definitely feel it’s deserving.”

Jackson earned $6.75 million this season, which is the fifth-highest base salary among receivers in ’13, per spotrac.com. That number jumps to $10.25 million in 2014, and hovers around there for the remainder of the deal. That’s right up there with Larry Fitzgerald‘s salary ($12.75). Roddy White‘s take-home for next season is less than half that number.

But none of the remaining money is guaranteed.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/01/06/jackson-wants-new-deal/

Never really impressing on the offensive end even during the season. I just don't get the hype over the guy.
4200 yards and 33TD's for Dalton and the Bengals have a top 10 offense in yardage. #6 in points per game for the regular season.

Not that I disagree with the playoff games being a poor representation but that's pretty impressive considering he's got a young QB in his third year playing who's played like dog shit in those three games.

EDIT: ...and eznark beat me to it.

TheFatOne

Sucks to suck. He has zero leverage. The only thing he can do is holdout, and even then the Eagles can just wait.
Come out heavy, play action. Screens. Motion. Send fleener on skinny posts. A lot of options to get players open when you're sitting on them like that. You commit three people to two dudes, someone is going to be open, or the run game will be there.

Pats are going to mix up zone and man, but when they play man that's what I think they should do. Every chance they get to slow down Ty at the line they are going to do it. The run game is going to be there regardless of what the Pats do defensively. They don't have the pieces up the middle to stop the run.

Tom Penny

They will dare them to run and play tons of dime.

Maybe Dalton is better than people are giving him credit for?

His completion percentage went down from last year and his ints have gone up every year he is in the league. I dont like him even a little bit as a QB. He is so reckless with the ball, and he also misses so many open guys. He can look great at times but he never maintains it for long.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
His completion percentage went down significantly from last year and his ints have gone up every year he is in the league. I dont like him even a little bit as a QB. He is so reckless with the ball, and he also misses so many open guys. He can look great at times but he never maintains it for long.

62.3 to 61.9 is significant?

He had a much better season this year than last.

I don't think Dalton is that great but I would rather have him than probably a dozen other starting QBs in the league. He had shit the bed hard in the playoffs but thats still better than bums who are never making the playoffs like Tannehill and Stafford.

ShaneB

Monday made much better by having lunch while listening to the latest edition of the Around the League podcast. Good times!

Man, this is going to be the longest week ever. After watching the 49ers last night, I feel pretty good about the Panthers chances. They are still a mediocre team offensively and if the Packers can find some running room against that defense, so will the Panthers. Kaep still looks like he's locking on to one receiver from the snap, and rarely throws to even a check down. I'll take Cam any day of the week in another low scoring defensive slug fest.

Whatever makes you feel better. Kap looked off the safety in the middle and came back to VD on the deep td pass. He was going through his progressions decently yesterday but he does need to use the check down more.

I feared the packers more than the panthers but we will have to see Sunday!

62.3 to 61.9 is significant?

He had a much better season this year than last.

I don't think Dalton is that great but I would rather have him than probably a dozen other starting QBs in the league. He had shit the bed hard in the playoffs but thats still better than bums who are never making the playoffs like Tannehill and Stafford.

I went back and edited the significant part out. I misread his completion percentage the first time. I thought it was 5% lower rather then 1%. I still think he just doesnt pass the eye test. I will give you that he is better then a lot of the slop at QB like Stafford, but I think the Bengals have SB talent and he ultimately holds them back. Being middle of the pack isnt much of a compliment.

Nameless

Yesterday happened.

The Niners were the better team and if that game isn't played in the weather it was or the refs not giving a fuck, it would've likely been a different game.
Green Bay had things tilted in their favor and couldn't get it done. Losers lose. I hope the players and coaches own up to their fuckery. They blew it.

That being said, Kaep is a shit kicker of a QB. He's lucky our defense is slower than molasses. But in the NFL, your QB only matters to a certain extent. It's a team game.

Rodgers on the other hand, can play lights out and then have his own fan base talk shit about him the next day. Unbelievable.

In 3 games against you guys Kaep has 900 yards passing, 300 yards rushing and 8 total TDs.

What a fuckin scrub

squicken

Most teams don't ever reach a point of having such good talent that a QB so obviously limits them. Cincy has. I'm sort of baffled he has defenders. He makes plays b/c he isn't scared of turning the ball over. Against bad teams that works out. Even good teams he might get occasionally lucky.

But he'll never consistently perform well vs good teams, and he will give it up. This is as far as he can take that team. Mike Brown idk. Tough spot. They've done so well everywhere else but now they have to really make a big risky move to upgrade that position

In 3 games against you guys Kaep has 1100 yards passing, 300 yards rushing and 8 total TDs.

What a fuckin scrub

It has nothing to do with kap tho. Any success he has had has nothing to do with him. He's just a lucky dude! Packers didn't lose they beat themselves. Niners didn't win that game etc

Eleuin

Wait the niners actually got ric flair to speak to them?

Smh if they wanted to win the super bowl it would be Iron Sheik

brentech

Yesterday happened.

We didn't manage a first down till the 2nd quarter. Part Rodgers fault getting scared after the lines problems, part the lines problems.

It is what it is. We lost. Kap isn't like Rodgers in that he can run if space is made; he is capable of exploiting smaller space and taking advantage with his speed. Rodgers has some quick legs at times, but Kap is on another level there and he burned us when he needed to most.

Packers D did better than I'd of thought. The offense had big issues in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You dont think it is impressive that an Andy Dalton lead offense scored the 6th most points in the NFL? If Gruden had a great QB running his offense it would be fucking scary.

They averaged 27 points per game this year. I mean, as a Lions fan I can understand why regular season would be meaningless what with the perennial trips to the playoffs you guys get but sheesh, he averaged 27 ppg with Andy Dalton at QB.

At some point you need to pick one; Dalton sucks or Gruden sucks. They kinda can't suck together to the tune of 27 ppg.

4200 yards and 33TD's for Dalton and the Bengals have a top 10 offense in yardage. #6 in points per game for the regular season.

Not that I disagree with the playoff games being a poor representation but that's pretty impressive considering he's got a young QB in his third year playing who's played like dog shit in those three games.

EDIT: ...and eznark beat me to it.

Because I don't believe Dalton is as bad as you guys make him out to be.

I do agree that the new coach needs to have some experience working with mediocre QBs like Stafford. If he's the guy, fine.

Nameless

It has nothing to do with kap tho. Any success he has had has nothing to do with him. He's just a lucky dude! Packers didn't lose they beat themselves. Niners didn't win that game etc

Now that you mention it, he did have the wind at his back, pushing both him and the ball down the field.

Crisco

Banned
Whatever makes you feel better. Kap looked off the safety in the middle and came back to VD on the deep td pass. He was going through his progressions decently yesterday but he does need to use the check down more.

I feared the packers more than the panthers but we will have to see Sunday!

lol no he didn't. Burnett should have picked that off if he wasn't slower than hell.

Tom Penny

Being a good QB in general is all about decision making. A QB doesn't have to win every game but he should be counted to very rarely lose the game and keep the team in a position to win the game on the basis of not making donkey plays. Dalton flat out lost the game for the Bengals and really didn't give them much of a chance. He actually did the same thing the week before but the defense bailed him out over and over.

I'm late on this, but more playoff teams? Stupid idea. If you're going to let half the teams into the playoffs, then you don't need 16 games to find out which half.

Trey

Most teams don't ever reach a point of having such good talent that a QB so obviously limits them. Cincy has. I'm sort of baffled he has defenders. He makes plays b/c he isn't scared of turning the ball over. Against bad teams that works out. Even good teams he might get occasionally lucky.

But he'll never consistently perform well vs good teams, and he will give it up. This is as far as he can take that team. Mike Brown idk. Tough spot. They've done so well everywhere else but now they have to really make a big risky move to upgrade that position

QB play is the bottleneck for all teams. You go as your QB goes. Dalton blew the game yesterday but it was still winnable if a few more plays are made by others. He limits his boneheaded decisions, which is reasonable to accomplish, and he'll be better for it.

Because I don't believe Dalton is as bad as you guys make him out to be.

I do agree that the new coach needs to have some experience working with mediocre QBs like Stafford. If he's the guy, fine.
Well let me be clear, what I posted wasn't meant to be an indictment on Dalton. Statistically he looks pretty good on paper for his 2013 regular season and I wanted to put forth that the Bengals offensive numbers this year were highly impressive in general. However, you mentioned the 3 playoff performances as one of the knocks on Gruden which ignores the fairly significant role Dalton had to play in how those games turned out. Especially yesterdays game which was a total QB meltdown in the 3rd QTR which completely lost them the game. How you put that on Gruden, I don't know.

Striker

Cincinnati can do worse by moving Dalton and bringing in somebody new, but he has some limitations right now. And that team is loaded and should be competing for a championship.

cdyhybrid

saw your post in PC thread, what's the issue with your OEM Windows?
Already used on another system? What are you trying to call them for?

HALP!

Installed my new parts, but when I start it up, I get about half a second of the Loading Windows screen, then I get a blue screen and get kicked to a black and white screen that gives me two options:

1) System Repair
2) Start Windows Normally

Start Windows normally just repeats the process. System repair gives me this:

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200302
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 4
Problem Signature 07: BadPatch
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I am using an OEM 64-bit Windows 7 install.

I tried calling them this morning and they were no help.

Top Bottom