• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So who do you want, I guess?

I like the idea of Whisenhunt. I wouldn't be hugely disappointed with Gruden, just don't like him as much.

Sheik has a way higher speaking fee

Sheik would have just given his usual incomprehensible profanity-laced rant. They get the same thing for free from Harbaugh.

Nameless

Any change to the playoffs should focus on making it so teams aren't rewarded for winning shit divisions. KC, New Orleans and San Fran should have had home games this weekend.

KaYotiX

Banned
9ers are a good team, like I said before. If they had a better QB they would be super scary for years to come.

Kaep just isn't a good throwing QB, look at some of the mistakes lastnight. Seattle would of had 3 INT's with those throws he made.

But Losers lose so on to next year......

squicken

QB play is the bottleneck for all teams. You go as your QB goes. Dalton blew the game yesterday but it was still winnable if a few more plays are made by others. He limits his boneheaded decisions, which is reasonable to accomplish, and he'll be better for it.

I disagree with. If everyone but the QB is bad, the rest of the offense is the bottleneck, not the QB. "Elevating" players is one of the dumbest sayings in football, right after "next man up". Luck's numbers look bad sometimes b/c they can't protect him. Against KC, where there was no pass rush. he looks as good as anyone

ShaneB

I'm sure I've seen Ric Flair be a Panthers fan because of his Carolina connection, who the heck is he cheering for this week when they face each other??? Bandwagoner. :p

JCizzle

9ers are a good team, like I said before. If they had a better QB they would be super scary for years to come.

Kaep just isn't a good throwing QB, look at some of the mistakes lastnight. Seattle would of had 3 INT's with those throws he made.

He's still only in his second year starting. I'm doing my best to withhold judgment until I see what he's like next year

TheFatOne

I wish I could watch the all 22 for the Packers vs 49ers game. I want to see exactly what Kaep does when he notices he has a spy. When I watched the game live it looked like he would keep looking at the middle of the field as a way to set up him running, but when they had a spy he would hesitate to throw the ball. I wanted to see if I'm just seeing things or if he did that consistently.

eznark

Banned
I disagree with. If everyone but the QB is bad, the rest of the offense is the bottleneck, not the QB. "Elevating" players is one of the dumbest sayings in football, right after "next man up". Luck's numbers look bad sometimes b/c they can't protect him. Against KC, where there was no pass rush. he looks as good as anyone

If you can only succeed under perfect conditions with everyone healthy, good luck winning a Super Bowl. Hell San Fran had that last year and it still wasn't enough.

I'm sure I've seen Ric Flair be a Panthers fan because of his Carolina connection, who the heck is he cheering for this week when they face each other??? Bandwagoner.

Whoever hires him?

I love all of the lowkey disrespect coming from the national media. We're home dogs against a team we've already beaten once and people already talking about how San Fran matches up with Seattle in Sea-SF Part Trois. I love it, keep it coming.

Super excited for Sunday.

Mrbob

Looking forward to another fun weekend on games next week. Hoping the Niners and Seahawks both win, as this is the NFC Championship I want to see. Can't wait for Wussle to shit on Kap.

eznark

Banned
I love all of the lowkey disrespect coming from the national media. We're home dogs against a team we've already beaten once and people already talking about how San Fran matches up with Seattle in Sea-SF Part Troix. I love it, keep it coming.

The media doesn't set the line

The Seahawks would have lost yesterday's game in gb. Keep it up with the bitter bu bu bu but tears for kap. They are delicious!

Talamius

I'm sure I've seen Ric Flair be a Panthers fan because of his Carolina connection, who the heck is he cheering for this week when they face each other??? Bandwagoner. :p

Flair is completely for sale. If you want to be depressed, read up on his money problems. He lives his gimmick and is completely broke because of it.

He's used at Hurricanes (NHL, not the U) games as well.

I love all of the lowkey disrespect coming from the national media. We're home dogs against a team we've already beaten once and people already talking about how San Fran matches up with Seattle in Sea-SF Part Trois. I love it, keep it coming.

You do realize the media has nothing to do with the spread right? You also beat us without crabs and VD. But totally the powerhouse panthers should be 20 point faves

eznark

Banned
The Seahawks would have lost yesterday's game in gb. Keep it up with the bitter bu bu bu but tears for kap. They are delicious!

Meh, Kap wasn't very impressive throwing the ball yesterday and we both know it. That's a problem. That Micah Hyde misread was Sanchize-esque and there is really no real excuse for it. Yes they won because he is impressive as fuck as a runner and the 49ers are a flat more talented team but he needs to play better to win a Super Bowl. The only throws you can realistically trust him to make are the easy ones, verticals and deep post/corners with large margins for error. As a fan I'd be concerned that his accuracy hasn't improved even a whit in two years with Hardon.

Talamius

Remember: you WANT the talking heads against you.

Mrbob

Meh, Kap wasn't very impressive throwing the ball yesterday and we both know it. That's a problem. That Micah Hyde misread was Sanchize-esque and there is really no real excuse for it. Yes they won because he is impressive as fuck as a runner and the 49ers are a flat more talented team but he needs to play better to win a Super Bowl.

You still spooked by Micah Hyde choking and dropping that easy game winning pick six.

squicken

You do realize the media has nothing to do with the spread right? You also beat us without crabs and VD. But totally the powerhouse panthers should be 20 point faves

Also fumbled TWICE on their final drive and recovered both. Fewest points scored by a winning team in a game this year. Apparently in Panthers lore that game was 64-6

Nameless

He was only the most productive Niner QB in the last decade this season, all with a shallow banged up WR corp, and the toughest schedule in league. Oh, and he's only had 27 starts.

Hopefully Harbs is willing to suck dick for the rights to Jameis Winston as there's clearly no reason to think Kaep can play QB in the NFL.

eznark

Banned
He was only the most productive Niner QB in the last decade this season, all with a shallow banged up WR corp, and the toughest schedule in league. Oh, and he's only had 27 starts.

Hopefully Harbs is willing to suck dick for the rights to Jameis Winston.

I mean...c'mon

Meh, Kap wasn't very impressive throwing the ball yesterday and we both know it. That's a problem. That Micah Hyde misread was Sanchize-esque and there is really no real excuse for it. Yes they won because he is impressive as fuck as a runner and the 49ers are a flat more talented team but he needs to play better to win a Super Bowl. The only throws you can realistically trust him to make are the easy ones, verticals and deep post/corners with large margins for error. As a fan I'd be concerned that his accuracy hasn't improved even a whit in two years with Hardon.

The play of the game was the 3rd and 10 to crabs. Awesome throw! He does need to use his check downs more. It's like Alex was captain check down and kap only wants big plays. Can't we meet in the middle :(

Media, Vegas, anyone who has anything to do with sports is taking Niners.

I'm not saying there should be a giant spread either way. I'm just saying this should not be looked at as a bye week for the Niners.

Media, Vegas, anyone who has anything to do with sports is taking Niners.

I'm not saying there should be a giant spread either way. I'm just saying this should not be looked at as a bye week for the Niners.

And it's not but it sounds like you're mad that people are picking a hot team to win. If the panthers came into the game on a 7 game win streak against some tough opponents I'm sure they'd be favored.

I personally don't feel confident and think it will be another close tough game. Coin flip!

Top Bottom