• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Packers Injury Update:

- According to a source, CB Sam Shields sustained only a bone bruise on his left knee. A bone bruise bodes well for Shields' free agency prospects. An ACL tear would have cost him a lot of money.

- OLB Mike Neal said medical exam showed no major structural damage. Will have MRI.

Has anyone said he is bad? RGIII is bad. Kap is raw. But I'm slightly surprised by how slow his progress has been.

Goes to superbowl during his first run as a starter, outduels Aaron Rodgers in historically bad weather at Lambo.

Eznark: His progression is certainly not living up to my standards. Trust me, I'm an expert.

OMFG he did?! Bench this fucking loser!

Would Peytons throw even have come close to reaching him in those conditions?

eznark

Banned
Goes to superbowl during his first run as a starter, outduels Aaron Rodgers in historically bad weather at Lambo.

Eznark: His progression is certainly not living up to my standards. Trust me, I'm an expert.

So I guess you didn't watch many San Francisco games this year? If he only ever had to play GB I'd induct him into the HoF right now.

Doomsayer

So I guess you didn't watch many San Francisco games this year? If he only ever had to play GB I'd induct him into the HoF right now.

To say he hasn't progressed or progressed at a small clip isn't really fair to Kaep. We had no receivers outside of Boldin and VD at the beginning of the season. Kyle Williams is gutter trash, Manningham (who came in late as well) probably won't be in the NFL anymore because his knee is destroyed and Jon Baldwin is dumb as rocks. He played with two viable receivers all year, of course he's going to look bad.

It's no surprise since Crabs and to a lesser extent Patton came back he has looked worlds better, including a QB rating of over 100 in 6 of his last 8 games. He has been reading the field more and making more decisive throws - trusting his receivers something he couldn't do at the beginning of the season.

He has shown a lot of growth in the past two months... that was a terrible read when he almost threw the game away, but I'm willing to live with a missed read on occasion... happens to all QBs.

Pro

Packers Injury Update:

- According to a source, CB Sam Shields sustained only a bone bruise on his left knee. A bone bruise bodes well for Shields' free agency prospects. An ACL tear would have cost him a lot of money.

- OLB Mike Neal said medical exam showed no major structural damage. Will have MRI.

I'm not really high on Sam Shields or any GB CB for that matter. WR's are getting too big these days and Corner's need to match the size. Our corners are pretty small compared. Need to take care of the O Line first and foremost (getting/staying healthy next season will help that) but we need to draft some bigger Corners as well.

Gannd

Banned

I watched every game this year and since Crabtree has been back Kap has been great. He played better than Rodgers last night.

@alexmarvez: Source confirms to @FOXSports that OC Mike Sherman fired by @MiamiDolphins. More staff changes likely coming I'm told

Congrats Dolfans, Christmas has come

Farooq

Banned
Zyx5cBV.png

So that is how you spell "WOOOOO!" I always used an H.

For example, "Tony Romo! WHOOO!". It is quite clear I used an H in front of the W and the O. All these years I have been spelling "WOOOOO!" incorrectly... I feel ashamed.

rando14

To say he hasn't progressed or progressed at a small clip isn't really fair to Kaep. We had no receivers outside of Boldin and VD at the beginning of the season. Kyle Williams is gutter trash, Manningham (who came in late as well) probably won't be in the NFL anymore because his knee is destroyed and Jon Baldwin is dumb as rocks. He played with two viable receivers all year, of course he's going to look bad.

Does that mean my boy Dangeruss deserves more praise, cause none of his receivers are as good as Boldin and VD and he did okay according to the end-all ESPN Quarterback pass rating stat!! :cool:

plz get well soon percy :(

Pro

I'm not just talking about yesterday. Also funny that kaps TD pass should've been intercepted but errons throw into double coverage should have been caught. Keep the excuses for kaps success comin boys!

Let's see how he does against a couple of far superior defenses in Carolina next week and most likely Seattle following.

Gannd

Banned
Saying Kap played better than Rodgers last night is a slap in the face to the San Francisco defense.

Rodgers sucked last night.He's more popular than Jesus in Wisconsin and he is supposed to pull you goes to victory. Kap out played him. 'nuff said.

If you compare Kap since Crabtree came back he's been great. He's only going to get better as he improves. Kap will win more Superbowls than Rodgers will.

eznark

Banned
Agreed.

With that said the GB defense played out of its mind. Damn fine effort from them.

Capers did a great job. It came down to execution. SF just executed better. FMT's post highlights that. On a number of occasions both Packers and 49ers were in position to make plays and time and time again it was the 49er who came away with the ball/tackle and the Packer was left looking foolish.

Doomsayer

Does that mean my boy Dangeruss deserves more praise, cause none of his receivers are as good as Boldin and VD and he did okay according to the end-all ESPN Quarterback pass rating stat!! :cool:

plz get well soon percy :(

Russel's system is perfect for him and his receivers. It leans heavy on the run and run action, when you have a back like Lynch most receivers are going to get open space. The best receiver on the Seahawks is Baldwin, and it isn't close. Kearse looks like he can develop into a good receiver as well. Tate is the definition of feast or famine.

Capers did a great job. It came down to execution. SF just executed better. FMT's post highlights that. On a number of occasions both Packers and 49ers were in position to make plays and time and time again it was the 49er who came away with the ball/tackle and the Packer was left looking foolish.

Those corner blitzes were timed perfectly. Jarret Bush fucked them both up, though that isn't surprising because its Jarret fucking Bush.

Gannd

Banned
Let's see how he does against a couple of far superior defenses in Carolina next week and most likely Seattle following.

Carolina has a pass defense? Their secondary wasn't brilliant all year. I think the Niners will beat the Panthers. I just don't think Kap will ever win up in Seattle.

cdyhybrid

Rodgers sucked last night.He's more popular than Jesus in Wisconsin and he is supposed to pull you goes to victory. Kap out played him. 'nuff said.

If you compare Kap since Crabtree came back he's been great. He's only going to get better as he improves. Kap will win more Superbowls than Rodgers will.

This is the dumbest post I've read in a while. San Fran's D is significantly better than Green Bay's, even before you account for all the injuries GB suffered. You can't just ignore that fact because it makes your boy look better.

Bowser

Carolina has a pass defense? Their secondary wasn't brilliant all year. I think the Niners will beat the Panthers. I just don't think Kap will ever win up in Seattle.

Carolina's Pass D is ranked 6th and 11th in the league according to total yards and YPA, respectively, and 3rd in the league according to FBO's DVOA. The secondary is definitely our weakness, but the guys back there have performed pretty damn well given they're either rookies or castoffs.

Doomsayer

Most people forget that Carolina's only touchdown came a play after a pick bounced off of Bowmans hands into Olsens for a 20+ yard reception... not saying its a fluke or anything, but come on.

It's going to be a tough game this weekend, but I feel confident after going into the Packs house.

Bowser

Most people forget that Carolina's only touchdown came a play after a pick bounced off of Bowmans hands into Olsens for a 20+ yard reception... not saying its a fluke or anything, but come on.

It's going to be a tough game this weekend, but I feel confident after going into the Packs house.

Most people forget SF's only touchdown came...oh wait that's right, SF didn't score a TD vs Kraken et al.

Gannd

Banned
This is the dumbest post I've read in a while. San Fran's D is significantly better than Green Bay's, even before you account for all the injuries GB suffered. You can't just ignore that fact because it makes your boy look better.

I live in Wisconsin. All week long on 540 and 1250 it was the Packers would win because of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers defense isn't very good. Kap had a good game last night. Over 300 total yards. Nothing to be ashamed of.

"What is pressure?" -Colin Kaepernick

Dude had all day to throw save for the couple sacks GB lucked into getting. That and the open field his receivers often had around them it was like watching Week 1 all over again. Frustrating because I feel like GB hung with them a lot better this season's matchups than the two games last season. Lessen the mistakes made and the outcomes may have been different. May have.

Looking forward to the draft.

Gannd

Banned
Most people forget SF's only touchdown came...oh wait that's right, SF didn't score a TD vs Kraken et al.

It's going to be another tough game but I think have Crabtree back will push it to the Niners favor. It will spread out the field enough and they will win.

cdyhybrid

I live in Wisconsin. All week long on 540 and 1250 it was the Packers would win because of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers defense isn't very good. Kap had a good game last night. Over 300 total yards. Nothing to be ashamed of.

If they had won it WOULD have been because of Rodgers (and maybe a few timely plays by the defense). Kaep had a good game yes, but he was playing against a shit D. Let's see him do it against Carolina or Seattle before we put him in the HoF, shall we?

Tom Penny

He saw the future before all of us

ESPN’s Ron Jaworski made a very bold statement today by saying that he believes 49ers quarterback “Colin Kaepernick can be the best QB arguably in the history of the NFL.”

That Cooper play is still running though my head.

UGH.

Long wait till next season. Fuck.

The play that haunts me is the fumble by Graham. NFLN broke it down frame by frame and it looked like his knee hit right as Cole hit the ball out of his hand. If he had been called down then that should have stood, but since it was a fumble that should have stood. I dont see how that ref saw enough to say it was totally conclusive to over turn it. Oh well Eagles still should have won if not for Foles starting out so slow. You cant do that against good teams.

Ireland isn't going to get fired. He could pee all over Arlington National Cemetery and still hav his job.

Yeah I know, I was hoping that ross would grow a pair and clean house but it's obviously not going to happen so that would have been the best case scenario, where we finally get rid of Ireland if he isn't going to clean house.

Top Bottom