• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Kiko Alonso had more snaps than the entire 2013 draft class for the Dolphins (1,177 to 866).

Larry Warford, a RG selected by Detroit in the third round, played 1,158 snaps. Dallas Thomas, an OG selected by Miami in the third round, played 2 snaps. I guess he had a hard time finding a role on a unit with so much depth.

Ireland has got to go.

Hammer24

Banned
Happy New Year, Packers fans. Cutler signed a 7 year deal

Wut? With da Bears???

3sek0t1iam.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
Phil Emery just announced the Bears have resigned Tim Jennings (4 years), Matt Slausen (4 years), and Jay Cutler (7 years). Details forthcoming during the press conference.

bionic77

The only program I have that crashes regularly on my work PC is outlook.

God I hate this POS program.

Somehow it never crashes on my Mac.

Fucking MS...

KingGondo

Banned
Anyone but Carr is my current thinking.
Hundley or Bridgewater are the only 2 guys I'd be happy with with a top 5 pick.

Manziel: questionable arm, character issues, possible drinking problem
Bortles/Carr: Tall QBs with big arms who played against weak competition (and not all that well against said competition at times)

I want a pocket passer with good athleticism and good pocket presence, not

Purple Cheeto said:
Walter Football mocks exist to drive traffic.
I'm aware. That's the entire point of every mock draft, really.

I could just easily see the Browns taking Manziel, and that's scary. His best-case scenario is Tony Romo.

Velcro Fly

If someone's best case is Tony Romo, they are easily worth a top 5 pick. Especially for some of those teams picking at the top that haven't had a guy half as good as Tony Romo in a long time.

Look at Cutler's numbers. It doesn't make any sense.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/
Even if you extrapolate the games missed he still only averages ~23 tds per year along with 10-15 ints. Dude had two of the best receivers in the entire league this year and barely put up numbers. Josh McCown was throwing for like 400 yards a game with Alshon and Marshall.

Backpeddling when proven wrong. Same old Heavy.
That's not backpedaling, that's called using context. Someone who spells backpedaling "backpeddling" probably doesn't understand context so I forgive you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has there been anything about guaranteed money yet? 7 years really doesn't mean anything, its more likely good for the bears that its a 7 year deal instead of a shorter one

KingGondo

Banned
Its scary to draft the best QB in the history of your franchise?
If he turned out to be Romo, I'd be fine with the pick.

I just don't see it, though.
If someone's best case is Tony Romo, they are easily worth a top 5 pick. Especially for some of those teams picking at the top that haven't had a guy half as good as Tony Romo in a long time.
I agree, but I think he'll never reach that potential for the reasons mentioned above.

Mortensen just dropped this tidbit

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 11m
The 7-yr length of Jay Cutler's deal w Bears is to help salary-cap; guaranteed money is the key. Pay little attn to total amount of $.

Still don't know the final numbers

Look at Cutler's numbers. It doesn't make any sense.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/

That's not backpedaling, that's called using context. Someone who spells backpedaling "backpeddling" probably doesn't understand context so I forgive you.

It's no wonder you do it so much since you don't even know what it means. It's also no surprise you're not man enough to admit you were wrong, especially considering how insistent you were at the time.

Bowser

Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 46s
Per @alexmarvez, Cutler extension averages $18M in the first 3 years. That suggests a guarantee in the $50M-$55M range, which sounds right.

welp

It's no wonder you do it so much since you don't even know what it means. It's also no surprise you're not man enough to admit you were wrong, especially considering how insistent you were at the time.
What do you want me to say? I was wrong, he didn't 1800. You're the type of guy that if he went for like 1795 you'd still be on my ass about it. Look into the context of it.

Vio-Lence

Banned
if those numbers are true that's fucking awful. 18m a year for Cutler. I would have been okay with 12-13m, but 18m is absurd.

A minimum salary backup duplicated Cutler's production this year in 5 games and we're paying this dope 18m.

FML

Top Bottom