• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Tenumi

Banned
Can't say I'm disappointed at Cutler resigning.

Would've been interesting to see a new starter for the Bears though.... See what QB the coach handpicks....

Happy New Year, Packers fans. Cutler signed a 7 year deal

jay-cutler.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
dat snowfall also lmao the league rejoices at bears decision to keep cutler effectively killing their chances at the super bowl for the next 7 years!

squicken

ESPN Final 2013 Quarterback Report

Josh McCown
Final QBR: 85.1
Final Passer rating: 109.0
Analysis: Albeit with a small sample size, McCown had the NFL's best QBR overall, on third down and against the blitz. He completed 46.4 percent of his third-down passes and 51.2 percent of passes that traveled at least 15 yards downfield. Both percentages ranked third in the league. His touchdown/interception ratio of 13-1 was the second-best in NFL history.

Jay Cutler
Final QBR: 66.4
Final Passer rating: 89.2
Analysis: Cutler's association with new Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman produced the best completion percentage (63.1) and touchdown percentage (5.4) of his Bears career. Those figures came even as Cutler had the fourth-highest average air yards (9.16) per attempt. He also led the NFL in fourth-quarter QBR at 92.5

Joe Flacco
Final QBR: 46.7
Final Passer rating: 73.1
Analysis: Flacco seemed out of sorts in the Baltimore Ravens' offense, throwing 22 interceptions (10 more than his previous high) and taking a career-high 48 sacks. He ranked last in the NFL in completion percentage of passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield (27.8), and only threw touchdowns on such passes. He threw five during the 2012 postseason alone.

Eli Manning
Final QBR: 36.5
Final Passer rating: 69.4
Analysis: In the same season, Manning set a career highs in interceptions (27) and sacks (39) and a career low in touchdown passes (18) for a full season. His QBR in the fourth quarter (9.2) was the fourth-worst in the NFL.

Geno Smith
Final QBR: 35.9
Final Passer rating: 66.5
Analysis: Smith had his struggles this season, finishing with the NFL's second-highest interception percentage (4.7). He also completed only 59.7 percent of his passes when opponents sent four or fewer pass-rushers, the fifth-lowest in the NFL. But you might not realize that Smith had the NFL's second-best QBR over the final four weeks of the season (78.9). Only Peyton Manning's was higher over that stretch.

Brandon Weeden

Final QBR: 24.7
Final Passer rating: 70.3
Analysis: Weeden's overall completion percentage of 52.8 ranked last in the NFL. He also converted a league-low 27.8 percent of his third-down attempts and had the second-fewest yards per dropback (5.31).

Dragon

Banned
If the middle/end of the contract is cap friendly then I'm fine with it.

You're fine with signing a mediocre QB for the next seven years? I know it's a FB contract but still, wtf are they thinking? Might as well bring Urlacher back and stick him in at RB since it won't matter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

That’s just a brief glimpse into Bridgewater’s background. To explain why he is ready right now to lead an NFL franchise, both on and off the field, you have to begin with Cardinals offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Shawn Watson.

“I study pro ball, that’s what I do, that’s my passion, my love. (NFL coaches) are the best at what they do, so I’ve made it what we do,” Watson said. “Most of these kids in college, the coordinator calls it from the press box and then there’s a signal system once the defense declares. The quarterback never gets developed, never gets taught. Teddy’s been taught from day one that I want him to be the coordinator at the line of scrimmage because he can be far better than me. And he can put the ball wherever he thinks is right.”

“His hands are big enough. He has big hands, huge hands,” Watson said.

I can't agree enough with that first quote. Too many qb's in college are only ready to run college offenses. I also agree with the premise of the article. Actually, I'll take it further. I think Bridgewater is the only qb in the draft ready to play immediately. The others need a ton of work. Some physical, some mental, some both. Surely, a few of them will be quick learners and ready to play day one. The rest will be thrown to the wolves and look like shit.

Bread

Banned
dat snowfall also lmao the league rejoices at bears decision to keep cutler effectively killing their chances at the super bowl for the next 7 years!
speaking of teams with no chance at winning a super bowl in the next 7 years, what's pittsburgh doing about their fat slob of a quarterback? it seems about time you guys draft a successor.

jakncoke

Banned
speaking of teams with no chance at winning a super bowl in the next 7 years, what's pittsburgh doing about their fat slob of a quarterback? it seems about time you guys draft a successor.

We're good with finishing 8-8 and letting our team get extremely old and missing on draft picks! :(

brentech

What do you want me to say? I was wrong, he didn't 1800. You're the type of guy that if he went for like 1795 you'd still be on my ass about it. Look into the context of it.
What context do you see it in?
Sure, he's explosive and good for some points. But as a running back, he didn't help the offense hold onto the ball and keep the opposing D on the field. Didn't help them win the games that mattered most to bring them to the playoffs.

If anything, he did worse in that stretch.
There isn't really a good context to take that in. Sooo amazing in a dome though, right?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Geno Smith
Final QBR: 35.9
Final Passer rating: 66.5
Analysis: Smith had his struggles this season, finishing with the NFL's second-highest interception percentage (4.7). He also completed only 59.7 percent of his passes when opponents sent four or fewer pass-rushers, the fifth-lowest in the NFL. But you might not realize that Smith had the NFL's second-best QBR over the final four weeks of the season (78.9). Only Peyton Manning's was higher over that stretch.

thatsmyqb.jpg

Geno definitely was playing to save his job at the end of the year. Guessing he did a good enough job although he was still pretty erratic. He needs a lot of help too.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Dumbass. The Steelers drafted the next great qb last year!

lolandry.gif

effzee

What context do you see it in?
Sure, he's explosive and good for some points. But as a running back, he didn't help the offense hold onto the ball and keep the opposing D on the field. Didn't help them win the games that mattered most to bring them to the playoffs.

If anything, he did worse in that stretch.
There isn't really a good context to take that in. Sooo amazing in a dome though, right?

Bush wasn't a bad pick up though.

The problem with the Lions start with Stafford and that terrible secondary.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers how scared are you of Cams next contract?

Not really that worried. I'd rather pay him than Stewart and Williams, one or both of whom will eventually go. Right now we can franchise Hardy, resign Cam, and then sign Hardy long term after next season when Beason's dead money falls off. If we can draft or develop a young receiver or two for him (that McNutt kid showed promise), then we'll stay competitive for the foreseeable future as long we don't lose anyone big on defense.

bionic77

lol you wouldn't be pickin you'd be the second to last guy getting picked
I was a varsity athlete in more than one sport in high school brah!

Granted I got my first letter in tennis but I am pretty sure that is still a sport!

I was a good dodge ball player back in the day. I will admit that I was not the best in elementary school though. There was a kid who was held back 3 grades who was the absolute king and GOAT at dodgeball at our school. He was 13 in 5th grade and when we played dodgeball it was like that scene from Happy Gilmore. He might have been dumb as shit (and yet still smarter than Gata) but he owned all of our asses in dodgeball.

gutshot

With Cutler gone, the free agent market for QBs looks very thin.

Michael Vick
Josh McCown
Josh Freeman
Shaun Hill
Chad Henne
Tarvaris Jackson

Someone is going to pay Vick to be a starter, I can already see it coming.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Weird, I thought he would be pretty NFL-ready out of college but I guess that's why he fell so far.

There hasn't been a rookie that played great on the Steelers' defense since Mean Joe. Even Troy was pedestrian in his first year.

jakncoke

Banned
Matthew Stafford turns 26 in Feb. Right now he is 24-37 as a starter 0-1 postseason

Ben Roethlisberger birthday is in March after 2008)the year ben turned 26) his records were 51-20 8-1 postseason and 2 superbowls and 2 rape convictions escapes

Who is your god now Kas?

bionic77

With Cutler gone, the free agent market for QBs looks very thin.

Michael Vick
Josh McCown
Josh Freeman
Shaun Hill
Chad Henne
Tarvaris Jackson

Someone is going to pay Vick to be a starter, I can already see it coming.
Vick is still better than what most teams have at qb. He is worth it if you get him for cheap.

jakncoke

Banned
I was a varsity athlete in more than one sport in high school brah!

Granted I got my first letter in tennis but I am pretty sure that is still a sport!

I was a good dodge ball player back in the day. I will admit that I was not the best in elementary school though. There was a kid who was held back 3 grades who was the absolute king and GOAT at dodgeball at our school. He was 13 in 5th grade and when we played dodgeball it was like that scene from Happy Gilmore. He might have been dumb as shit (and yet still smarter than Gata) but he owned all of our asses in dodgeball.

haha people get held back that many grades early on? lol, I understand when you hit teen years and you start fucking around and not getting enough credits to be move up. but holy shit lol

Hope all you bros enjoyed your New Years!

Jnc, Bears! Congrats, Pack GAF At least there won't be any "What about Cutler?" threads on the Cards forum this off season.

Top Bottom