• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Konka

Banned
I find it absolutely hilarious that Texans fans are in love with O'Brien when he is most likely to be a total bust as a head coach.

Who would of thought we'd be leading at the half after all that
vic Beasley may finally be a Clemson D prospect that works out at the next level. pure pass rusher. Jets need O weapons but he's a guy that will add big time. Ryan would use him well too.
He definitely passes the eye test, dude looks huge out there.

bionic77

well regardless of where it came from its cliched as hell. even the "keep balanced" is relevant in todays NFL. peypey talks about having to run the ball consistently to keep the defense honest in his weekly "no shit!" interviews.
Games are won in the trenches.

It's a game of inches.

We have to win the battle of turnovers.

We have to protect the ball.

We have to play all 3 phases of the game.

Black men simply can't play the position of quarterback (I heard that one from the Pats).

We have to play to the whistle.

Stats are for losers. Winning is for winners.

We need to impose our will on their offense/defense.

Snitches get stitches (this is from the Dolphins locker room).

Did I get all the cliches?

LJ11

Who would of thought we'd be leading at the half after all that

He definitely passes the eye test, dude looks huge out there.

haven't watched much of ealy but he seems to get a lot of love as well. I've just watched more Clemson games due to the talent and offense they run.

Konka

Banned
He could be good.

People were saying that Chip Kelly could be a bust like Spurrier.

I personally always thought Kelly would be great, he proved himself throughout different levels of play, O'Brien is just another Belichick coach really.

Denver runs 40% of the time. Not sure how that's "consistently"!

consistently doesn't mean a 50/50 split. you could have a 60/40 split but the 40% runs aren't consistent throughout the game. and i'm not saying that the broncos do run consistently regardless, just saying its a bunch of cliches that every coach and every player in the history of the game talk about.

your circumstances dictate what you are. cheatin' pete wouldn't be talking about having a 50/50 split in run/pass if your defense sucked dick. you are able to run the ball more because you have a good defense. then that leads back to the cliche itself and you can say "YOU SEE THIS IS HOW HE RUNS THE TEAM! GET A TOP 5 DEFENSE AND THAT LEADS TO LOW SCORES FOR YOUR OPPONENTS LEADING TO RUNNING THE BALL FOR YOUR OFFENSE AND WEARING OUT THE OTHER D!" etc etc etc

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I find it absolutely hilarious that Texans fans are in love with O'Brien when he is most likely to be a total bust as a head coach.

why cause we like what we've heard so far? Big fucking deal. He could be a total failure, he could be great, either way I'm just happy we're trying something different. And I would rather have him than any of the re-treads like Lovie or Wisenhunt.

What you haven't heard cause theres none on this board, is there is actually quite a few people unhappy with the hire. Either A) cause he's just going to be another failed Belichick tree branch herp derp or B) because he's never been a head coach before. Because you know, you have to have the experience of doing something before you can actually do something. (i hate when jobs tell you that you don't have enough experience, how you supposed to get that experience if no one will hire you)

Didn't want it to get lost in the college football thread right now, take it for what it's worth.

Kinda hope it's true. James Franklin was being mentioned as a candidate too, he's also been mentioned on the Browns search
NBC Sports ‏ @ NBCSports 24m
Miami coach Al Golden is reportedly expected to take the Penn State job. http://tw.nbcsports.com/x0s

John Clark NBC10 ‏ @ johnclarknbc10 21m
A source tells me Penn State has not offered Al Golden job but could tomorrow when the search committee travels to meet with him

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
why cause we like what we've heard so far? Big fucking deal. He could be a total failure, he could be great, either way I'm just happy we're trying something different. And I would rather have him than any of the re-treads like Lovie or Wisenhunt.

What you haven't heard cause theres none on this board, is there is actually quite a few people unhappy with the hire. Either A) cause he's just going to be another failed Belichick tree branch herp derp or B) because he's never been a head coach before. Because you know, you have to have the experience of doing something before you can actually do something. (i hate when jobs tell you that you don't have enough experience, how you supposed to get that experience if no one will hire you)

Maybe I'm optimistic but I'd imagine that Texan fans are just happy to have someone other than Kubiak and the 8-8 cycle...you guys have been wanting him out since I started posting on this forum in 2010.

Adding more teams to the playoffs is a ridiculous idea. The playoffs is already made up of 12 out of 32 teams. If you add any more, you're closing in on half the teams making the playoffs, which is absurd.

However, in the current structure of even number of teams per division, an even number of total games, and an even number of divisional games, it's easy to have ties. So adding an extra week of tie-breaker games for divisions, and one for the Wild Card spots - only if necessary, in both cases - is an interesting idea. Apply the current tie-breaker rules to determine home field, instead of determining who goes to the playoffs.

Ironically, in this crazy year when it looked like there might be ties all over the place, not a single tie-breaker game would've been necessary.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Interesting observation:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-t...Texans-do-with-1-overall-pick?continuous=true

Watch the NFLN interview with BOB and notice when asked about JJ he just states "there are a lot of talented players on this roster". he also answered the same way when asked on a local interview. Small thing but I like he doesn't seem to want to put ANYONE on a pedestal. Something Kubiak was notorious for.
Mech, stop putting the pussy on the ped... i mean BOB on the pedestal. Clearly we're too excited for our own good.

Bowser

Watkins is a man.

Also: @BobbyBurton247: BREAKING: Horns247 first to report that Texas will hire Louisville coach Charlie Strong.

MechDX

Mech, stop putting the pussy on the ped... i mean BOB on the pedestal. Clearly we're too excited for our own good.

Fuck konka. Im excited because BOB is like the anti-Kubiak. Even in that NFLN video he comments at the end about wanting to stop the interviews today and start reviewing film for players evaluations.

This guy just wants to coach football! Grudens wet dream.

Watkins sure is showing out -_-
He knows how to go out on a good game.

Mech you really are putting BoB on a pedestal lol

Worried he will find me and kick my ass if I don't.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
831643364.gif

LJ11

I think it's even harder to evaluate QBs who have dominant offensive lines and who are rarely ever under duress.

Right that's the most important trait, how do these guys react when they feel pressure. Boyd drops eyes and panics for example, Bridgewater keeps his eyes downfield and tries his best to step up and around defenders to deliver the throw.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
consistently doesn't mean a 50/50 split. you could have a 60/40 split but the 40% runs aren't consistent throughout the game. and i'm not saying that the broncos do run consistently regardless, just saying its a bunch of cliches that every coach and every player in the history of the game talk about.

your circumstances dictate what you are. cheatin' pete wouldn't be talking about having a 50/50 split in run/pass if your defense sucked dick. you are able to run the ball more because you have a good defense. then that leads back to the cliche itself and you can say "YOU SEE THIS IS HOW HE RUNS THE TEAM! GET A TOP 5 DEFENSE AND THAT LEADS TO LOW SCORES FOR YOUR OPPONENTS LEADING TO RUNNING THE BALL FOR YOUR OFFENSE AND WEARING OUT THE OTHER D!" etc etc etc
One would think that, but we run even when we're behind! Carroll obviously too high on Adderall to see the score.

One would think that, but we run even when we're behind! Carroll obviously too high on Adderall to see the score.

do you think adderall would work better if snorted? do you think you could rub adderall powder on your dick to last longer with a girl or girls (if the opportunity presented itself)?

Top Bottom