• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Browns interviewing McDaniels today. Also Vandy plays at 1pm est today, so a James Franklin interview could come soon too if the interest is serious. Lastly the Stoops interest appears to be real and possibly mutual on both sides.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Browns interviewing McDaniels today. Also Vandy plays at 1pm est today, so a James Franklin interview could come soon too if the interest is serious. Lastly the Stoops interest appears to be real and possibly mutual on both sides.

I would prefer Stoops over McDaniels. I feel that McDaniels is a known quantity in the NFL and I have a hard time believing he'll have success in Cleveland. Well, I guess any coach would have trouble there with their current setup with management.

If McDaniels were on any team but the Pats he would never get another sniff of a coaching job. Seems the Belichick tree gets multiple cracks at the whip despite only one (O'Brien) having any real success as a head coach.

Gobias

Banned

Didn't Franklin know about a rape at Vandy and not report it or something?

JABEE

Joe Namath loves Foles!

“Over the past month, I’ve decided that Nick Foles is one of the best passers I’ve seen,” Namath said. “He throws on the move, what he puts on the ball - wow. He is special. He runs around there like an NBA guard, or maybe even a small forward. He’s big; he can throw. His throwing motion, throwing on the move, reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Throwing that ball, this cat is good. He gives them a big edge.”

Namath, the hero of Super Bowl III who was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985, is considered one of the best arms to ever play in the NFL. In Foles, he sees someone who “can be special, really great.”

In 13 games this season, Foles threw for 2,891 yards with 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions. But Foles’ mobility for a big quarterback — he is listed as 6-foot-6 — impresses Namath, who was known for his mobility before a knee injury during his senior year at Alabama cut back on his scrambling.

“I didn’t see [Foles] play a game in college. I didn’t even see him! But boy do I see him now. He certainly does move around beautifully. When I see him throwing in the last few months. I saw him make some throws on a rope and others where he puts some air on it. Others on swing passes where he puts it out there, not too much heat … you know, passes you can really handle. He has change of speeds. He doesn’t knock them over on a short post. He has a knack of judging distances,” Namath said.

“I believe he can be real special. Really special, really special. I like this kid.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...uld-one-best-quarterbacks-224015672--nfl.html

Broadway Joe speaks the truth!

Suzy, you run a 4.2 40... Through my mind all day.

x02jwBZ.gif

squicken

Really, that GB game needs to be moved or postponed. That's just not safe for the players or fans. You'd think the union would step in

Really, that GB game needs to be moved or postponed. That's just not safe for the players or fans. You'd think the union would step in
Worth noting that it's going to be even colder on Monday

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game

It won't be this cold

Edit:
Never mind, I just looked again. Weather.com is showing lows for Green Bay will be around -20F Sunday night. That's pretty scary.
It might get Ice Bowl cold, depends on when the front comes through. Won't be colder than that though!

With any luck the Packers will take an early lead and the field will freeze over at halftime.

Hammer24

Banned

Naah, nowadays the NFL is mostly about breaking records and stuff. Why not the cold record?
...and I´d offer an avatar bet that at least three players are dumb enough to play sleeveless anyway.

KaYotiX

Banned

Supposed to be colder monday and tues lol.
Called my folks today and they said schools are already closing for next week, so glad I moved....

squicken

Supposed to be colder monday and tues lol.
Called my folks today and they said schools are already closing for next week, so glad I moved....

It's too late now, but playing it like in Dallas or even Ford Field would have been the thing to do once they got the forecast. Wherever GB plays they will have the Cheeseheads dominating the stands

There's a line between tough and stupid and it's probably about -5 degrees

Oh and the stupid blackout rule needs to go away. They should also lower the cost of tickets, NFL prints money, I'm sure they can handle lower ticket costs.

Game should've been today. Damn, I just checked the apple weather app and it has the high here on Monday at NEGATIVE FIFTEEN. And I'll still be working that day because my employer wants to be there for the idiots who dare go out into the cold.

JCizzle

Game should've been today. Damn, I just checked the apple weather app and it has the high here on Monday at NEGATIVE FIFTEEN. And I'll still be working that day because my employer wants to be there for the idiots who dare go out into the cold.

Agreed. They should have moved it to the early slot today once they were aware of the forecast. Player / fan safety my ass!

effzee

I can't believe it's finally here.

GAMEDAY BITCHES!!!

Yeah man I am so fucking pumped right now.

Hate that I have to work a 12 hour shift and won't get home till 930.

I'll do Eagles first since I can catch up to it live when I fast forward through the commercials.

Don't think I'll watch the recording of the Chiefs Colts game unless the Eagles win.

Wes

venison crêpe
I actually think we have a good front office and they get a lot of uncalled for shit.
Edit: and I don't hate McDaniels, kinda like him. But think I would prefer one of the college coaches mentioned first

Agreed. Each seems like interesting characters who will bring something different to us.

BigAT

I'm still perplexed when I try to figure out what it is people saw from McDaniels during his time in Denver that makes them want to give him another head coaching opportunity.

Can't imagine how cold those metal benches are going to feel at Lando tomorrow. When I went to the Raiders game two years ago in December it was uncharacteristically warm and the cold benches went straight through my clothes and froze my ass.

Looked on the Packers website and theres a little statement they put out warning people about the subzero temps but has the NFL put anything out? Might as well advise the 9ers not to show up.

Drakeon

It's alarming how dangerous that game sounds. I'm hoping noone at the stadium are seriously injured due to the cold.

bionic77

Worth noting that it's going to be even colder on Monday

It might get Ice Bowl cold, depends on when the front comes through. Won't be colder than that though!

With any luck the Packers will take an early lead and the field will freeze over at halftime.
There was a game in Cleveland like this like 2-3 years ago and it was impossible to throw the ball. The ball was literally like a fucking stone and it was a horrible game to watch. You had to be able to run the ball. We couldn't and eventually Cribbs made a play or two on offense and defense and it was enough.

Might be a replay of that.

Niners might have a huge advantage if it becomes another sloppy bowl.

Drakeon

You should be happy; your team will have a built in excuse to use when you get steamrolled.
Yeah, Lacys going to run all over us with his busted ankle. I'm sure it'll be easy to throw the ball tomorrow too. Niners are the more physical team, not worried about the score.

MechDX

Source tells @FOXSports new #texans HC Bill O'Brien has fired all assistants from prior coaching staff & will name Romeo Crennel def coor

Well that escalated quickly

squicken

e: grrr

Wonder if Romeo will run a more pure version of the 3-4? Watt plays much differently with Wade's defense than Seymour did with Romeo

Yeah, Lacys going to run all over us with his busted ankle. I'm sure it'll be easy to throw the ball tomorrow too. Niners are the more physical team, not worried about the score.

Airman already saw Rodgers in practice throwing the ball in negative 8 the other day, said he was throwing it like it was 80. Its okay to be scared.

Top Bottom