• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

kmag

There's a soothing cream for what you have.

Mate, I'm from Scotland and don't have a horse in this race. Just calling it like I see it, for 3 and a half quarters he was absolutely dire. Lynch makes that offense go, the run blocking isn't even great he just get yard after yard after contact. They let him go and over pay Wilson and that'll be that, they've can afford their team on the back of a cheap QB.

Sanjuro

Feels Goodman.

eYSEFjS.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why on earth was the defense so laxed on GB, some stupid packages placed on some play calls

Tamanon

Banned
I don't even want to watch football anymore. I just want to curl up, and die.

Fucking Seahawks.

He had room to get some yards on the return, and way too much time on the clock to just give up the play. That's the kind of play you do when you intercept and can run out the clock.

Caja 117

The chairman should also thanks mcCarthy, GB packers fans must be on suicide Watch.

Seriusly, McCarthy cant return next season as Packs head coach

Don't think the Patriot is beating the Hawk. The Hawk played like crap and still win, it can only get better lol.

The Patriots have a better coach than the Packers do and takes quite a few more chances. If the Seahawks play like this in the Super Bowl and the other team is the least bit competent with their coaching the Seahawks wont have a chance.

Trey

Those series' were huge in retrospect. When you are that deep in the red zone you gotta come away with 7 and this game is proof of why.

Those possessions are so far a part from the situation at hand they shouldn't even be brought up. The reality at halftime was that the Packers were up 16-0; how are the first few possessions more to blame than everything that occurs after half time?

Let's look at individual plays that would have effectively ended the game: if the Packers recover the onside kick, if the Packers get a first down and run the clock, if Clinton Dix makes another interception and returns it for a touchdown, if Dix makes a routine defensive play on that 2pt conversion moonball. There are a few more plays that GB left on the field that would have mattered more that I didn't even bring up.

Basically, the only thing that "matters" in ball games are the last few possessions. It's a game of possessions and time management, not points, per se. Leads get overtaken all the time, and if those field goals are TDs it's no guarantee the game is won. Whereas critical plays in the late stages of the game would have been decisive. It's why people are only going to remember the various clutch plays Wilson made at the end of the game in spite of the trash game he registered before that.

Top Bottom