• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Tom Penny

What do front and back brakes and rotors usually cost with installation. Dealership is trying to charge me a G among some other mystery items. That's seems excessive.

I really don't get the defense of the actions when it amounts to, "they were only cheating a little bit!".

Cheating is cheating. I don't think anyone should be suspended but they need to own it and be punished.

TheContact

I really don't get the defense of the actions when it amounts to, "they were only cheating a little bit!".

Cheating is cheating. I don't think anyone should be suspended but they need to own it and be punished.

who's defending that it's okay to cheat even a little bit? Right now we don't know for sure that they even purposefully deflated the balls. Apparently neither does the NFL. Only the footballs know....and the souls of the dead animals' hides used to make them

though what I don't understand is why Brady doesn't squeeze the balls that he evaluates, knowing that he likes the balls to be at 12.5 psi. Wouldn't he then know the difference between what the pressure feels like? Seems amateur that Brady just loses all knowledge of the footballs he selected once he's out on the field, but I'm not a QB or Brady so I can't say for sure but that's my two cents

bionic77

What do front and back brakes and rotors usually cost with installation. Dealership is trying to charge me a G among some other mystery items. That's seems excessive.
Year and make of the car?

I feel like changing the brakes and rotors for front and back for a car can go from 600 to 1500.

TheContact

Front brakes and rotors cost me over $500, but I've seen people say it should be like $300. I drive a foreign german car so parts are more expensive for me typically

Though you should call some other shops that aren't dealerships and get some other quotes

Tom Penny

Year and make of the car?

I feel like changing the brakes and rotors for front and back for a car can go from 600 to 1500.

05 Accord. Go in for an oil change and now need brakes, serpantine belt, front exhaust...got me wondering about those shady fucks. It was crickets the last time I went in for an oil change. I have to go in to get an airbag replacement regardless since they recalled mine that could shoot shrapnel into me !!!

Duxxy3

05 Accord. Go in for an oil change and now need brakes, serpantine belt, front exhaust...got me wondering about those shady fucks. It was crickets the last time I went in for an oil change. I have to go in to get an airbag replacement regardless since they recalled mine that could shoot shrapnel into me !!!

Are your brakes low? Do they make a noise when you use them?

So let me get this straight, Brady says he knows he likes his balls at exactly 12.5 PSI, but can't tell the difference when there is over two PSI less?

cdyhybrid

OT thread isn't even fun anymore. Just a bunch of people who clearly haven't read anything about the issue and then giving their opinions on it.

It was fun while it lasted.

who's defending that it's okay to cheat even a little bit? Right now we don't know for sure that they even purposefully deflated the balls. Apparently neither does the NFL. Only the footballs know....and the souls of the dead animals' hides used to make them

though what I don't understand is why Brady doesn't squeeze the balls that he evaluates, knowing that he likes the balls to be at 12.5 psi. Wouldn't he then know the difference between what the pressure feels like? Seems amateur that Brady just loses all knowledge of the footballs he selected once he's out on the field, but I'm not a QB or Brady so I can't say for sure but that's my two cents

There are plenty of folks saying this is an overreaction or that it doesn't matter. I agree with folks pumping the breaks on serious punishments though. I just want some honesty. There's already enough two faced shitty stuff surrounding this sport. The last thing I want to see is cheating and zero integrity.

What we do know: both teams had their footballs tested before, and after.

The patriots clocked in at regulation. Ended up well below. The colts didn't. Deflated footballs are easier to grip, throw, and hold.

I seriously doubt some rogue ballboy did this. It wasn't weather, It wasn't spiking, and however it happened - it was almost certainly intentional. What we don't know is who knew. I'll concede that.

cdyhybrid

You probably posted the most in that thread. Lulz

Yeah back when there were people who actually kept up with this stuff. I don't feel like outlining the facts every time someone posts something like this:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the balls were checked and ok'd prior to the game. It wasn't until halfway through that they were below regulation psi. So....Brady altered the game balls during halftime? Left the sidelines and altered pressure?

This thread isn't much fun anymore either :/

There's nothing else to talk about anyway though.

Konka

Banned
Yeah back when there were people who actually kept up with this stuff. I don't feel like outlining the facts every time someone posts something like this:

Sometimes silence is better than the sound of beating a dead horse. It's just the same shit over and over ad nauseum. There is plenty more to talk about. Who is going to cover Gronk? What crazy formations may the Pats pull out this time. But no, instead it's this shit over and over and over. It's like I'm reading ESPN in here for the past week.

Mrbob

Caught by whom? Not like hoodie or golden boy will receive a subpoena on the topic. They can both lie and get away with it. The Patriot way.

Sometimes silence is better than the sound of beating a dead horse. It's just the same shit over and over ad nauseum. There is plenty more to talk about. Who is going to cover Gronk? What crazy formations may the Pats pull out this time. But no, instead it's this shit over and over and over. It's like I'm reading ESPN in here for the past week.

KJ Wright with a side of Kam.
Some formation where a fattty OL is eligible.

Anything else to ask for Sir Konka?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I don't care about Deflategate, but Brady's flat out lying on the matter is despicable.

Just own up to it.

Mark Brunell was shaken to his core, Jerome Bettis almost handed him a terrible towel to soak up the tears while calling bullshit on Tammy, Brian Dawkins almost threw up like McNabb in the Super Bowl at the cowardice on display in front of Flexball.

cdyhybrid

1) Kam Chancellor and/or KJ Wright. Or someone else. It depends on where he lines up.

In short, we don't know.

2) Probably none, they've put it on tape too many times to catch people off guard by now.

Which of the Pats RB's will be most effective against the Seattle defense?

Whichever one gets better blocking and doesn't fumble.

Patriots7

If you expect the ball to be at 12.5 PSI.
You touch and feel each ball, And they're all to your liking, I don't get what's so difficult to believe that with the pressure of the game, you're not going to notice an almost indiscernible difference.

Now add to the fact that it is colder outside and raining, even if he had noticed that some felt a little off, again, how would he know that it was due to air pressure and not the cold/rain.

The balls would have had to naturally deflate a little bit, throughout the game, so you're going under the assumption that he would have had to feel the difference between 12.5 PSI and 12.25? 12.0?

And adding credence to the notion that he wasn't paying attention, they replaced the game balls at halftime and didn't tell New England. And his passer rating nearly doubles? 12/14, 3 TD and 0 INT's?

If they're guilty, I hope it's found out and they're punished. Especially if both just lied to our faces.

Hunter S.

The only way the NFL will do anything about it more than a negligable fine is if the fans make a huge outcry against cheating. The topic is worth keeping alive to make cheats think twice before cheating.

Colasante

Which of the Pats RB's will be most effective against the Seattle defense?

I feel like the Patriots could get a decent game out of LeGarrette Blount if they commit to rushing it. I fear it'll be like last year's game against Denver, after Blount's big game against the Colts, where they fall behind and never get the chance to establish the run.

I feel like the Patriots could get a decent game out of LeGarrette Blount if they commit to rushing it. I fear it'll be like last year's game against Denver, after Blount's big game against the Colts, where they fall behind and never get the chance to establish the run.

We gang tackle pretty hard. So big guys who run people over usually don't do well against us. But the tricky speedy, midget that run misdirection.... oh we hate those guys.

If you expect the ball to be at 12.5 PSI.
You touch and feel each ball, And they're all to your liking, I don't get what's so difficult to believe that with the pressure of the game, you're not going to notice an almost indiscernible difference.

Now add to the fact that it is colder outside and raining, even if he had noticed that some felt a little off, again, how would he know that it was due to air pressure and not the cold/rain.

The balls would have had to naturally deflate a little bit, throughout the game, so you're going under the assumption that he would have had to feel the difference between 12.5 PSI and 12.25? 12.0?

And adding credence to the notion that he wasn't paying attention, they replaced the game balls at halftime and didn't tell New England. And his passer rating nearly doubles? 12/14, 3 TD and 0 INT's?

If they're guilty, I hope it's found out and they're punished. Especially if both just lied to our faces.

Colts played outside too. Their balls ended the game at regulation.

Patriots7

Fall behind though?

If our Run D can look somewhat decent. I find it hard to believe the Seattle receivers do much. Especially after the Green Bay game. Especially with Revis, Browner Arrington and Ryan playing out of their mind as of late.

Colts played outside too. Their balls ended the game at regulation.
That isn't really helpful without more detail.
If the Pats inflate the ball to the very lowest PSI allowed and Indy inflates it to the highest PSI, assuming the same rate of deflation, Indy's would still be at regulation.

cdyhybrid

The only way the NFL will do anything about it more than a negligable fine is if the fans make a huge outcry against cheating. The topic is worth keeping alive to make cheats think twice before cheating.

Meh, I'd be shocked if they do anything. They only care about money, and this doesn't lose them any.

Bread

Banned
you and jabee should start a club for people who think their opinions are important

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LcGHSIm.jpg

Top Bottom