• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Direct was kinda garbage. I wasn't interested in most of those game and no Starfox reveal when they said it was coming out before Zelda this year.

Agreed, Xenoblade looked good and Splatoon date is nice but NOA can go fuck themselves. Nothing else looked that interesting.

Sold off my 3DS last year and was looking to buy a new one but they aren't even releasing the new 3DS, what kind of bullshit is that?

mygoe8B.gif

pCfg9FR.gif

ieIw6niHNfVIo.png

Draxal

Err, are you guys all Alex Smith or something? The 3ds couldn't be used by normal American males because it was designed for Japanese children, the XL was such an upgrade ergonomically.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Err, are you guys all Alex Smith or something? The 3ds couldn't be used by normal American males because it was designed for Japanese children, the XL was such an upgrade ergonomically.

The XL is too big. Its uncomfortable to use when laying down because the top half is too heavy. And 3DS games look like complete shit on any screen larger than an original.

And yes I have Asian hands. Sorry if thats not American enough for you.

Agreed, Xenoblade looked good and Splatoon date is nice but NOA can go fuck themselves. Nothing else looked that interesting.

Sold off my 3DS last year and was looking to buy a new one but they aren't even releasing the new 3DS, what kind of bullshit is that?

What they are releasing it. Just the XL version though. The whole charger thing is weird but I still have a charger from my 3ds

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always wanted the New 3DS XL, though I wished it had faceplates.

Now though, the only choice is Zelda or Monster Hunter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What they are releasing it. Just the XL version though. The whole charger thing is weird but I still have a charger from my 3ds

I don't want an XL. I don't find it comfortable. I don't think I've ever gone from wanting to buy something to complete zero interest quite the way I did today. America gets the new system last and only one option.

Dragon

Banned
The XL is too big. Its uncomfortable to use when laying down because the top half is too heavy. And 3DS games look like complete shit on any screen larger than an original.

And yes I have Asian hands. Sorry if thats not American enough for you.

3DS games don't look very good at all. And I hope no one is going to try to play the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the new 3DS, that thing is going to be an effin slideshow.

Oh well. I'll enjoy my New 3DS XL. I may get the Majora's Mask one but probably not since I'm probably not gonna play the game(I've given that game enough tries already).

edit and aren't you like six feet four or something? I don't see how you can use a normal 3ds.
Yes and have big hands to boot. 3DS XL is more comfortable sure, but I hated the screen on the XL and the 3D effect was even worse than the normal. The original nub and buttons also felt better. XL just felt cheap to me.

Maybe the new one is nicer? Certainly possible but I love the original 3DS. Feels great, looks great, etc.

Draxal

Yes and have big hands to boot. 3DS XL is more comfortable sure, but I hated the screen on the XL and the 3D effect was even worse than the normal. The original nub and buttons also felt better. XL just felt cheap to me.

Maybe the new one is nicer? Certainly possible but I love the original 3DS. Feels great, looks great, etc.

Weird, I though the consensus was that the original 3ds build quality was horrific (especially the hinge issue).

But yeah, I wouldn't blame Nintendo so much on this but more the loss of their market share. They're fighting a war for retail space, and the new 3DXL outsold the new 3ds by a ton in Japan.

Hyped!

Looks like this one won't be about dragons judging by that huge whatever the fuck it was...

East v West.

But yeah, I wouldn't blame Nintendo so much on this but more the loss of their market share. They're fighting a war for retail space, and the new 3DXL outsold the new 3ds by a ton in Japan.
My general level of irrational hate is fairly low.

Let me be irrational, dammit.:)

FUCK NINTENDO.

Dragon

Banned
So changing gears - is it a prerequisite to have played Xenoblade if you want to play this new one? Are they related story wise?

From that trailer it doesn't seem to look like it but Xenoblade is a pretty damn good game (it's just way too long at like 60 hours).

Was gonna buy the XL anyway but thats easy money for face plates, i know guys and girls that change their phone case every month so its new

just make regular new 3ds limited and it will sell out

how to lose money 101 Nintendo
my favorite is not porting pokemon red x blue on 3DS vc for $8 each, it would sell a shit load

zychi

Banned
wow

such walk

much move

Yea, not really that impressed. I guess Nintendo fans(I am one) aren't used to big graphics like PC gamers are.

I want the n3ds MM edition, but need to know what software version is on it before I open it. Nintendo is going the way of Ubi and EA and everyone on this forum is just slurping it up.

bionic77

Was gonna buy the XL anyway but thats easy money for face plates, i know guys and girls that change their phone case every month so its new

just make regular new 3ds limited and it will sell out

how to lose money 101 Nintendo
my favorite is not porting pokemon red x blue on 3DS vc for $8 each, it would sell a shit load
To be fair the traditional gaming market is fucked.

MS subsidizes the Bone with their other business which make a shit ton of money. It could not have survived on its own.

Sony is failing at everything. Not sure they will even be around in 10 more years.

Nintendo is just trying to stay alive in a tough ass environment.

Draxal

From that trailer it doesn't seem to look like it but Xenoblade is a pretty damn good game (it's just way too long at like 60 hours).

I couldn't play the original xenoblade since it was so ugly on the big screen, i know the 3ds version is uglier, but for some reason my mind tolerates it on the smaller screen.

It's pretty much like a DSi. Nice to have, but you don't really need to upgrade.

Wasn't xenoblade supposed to require the new 3ds?

BigAT

So if I'm not like baby hands up above, is the XL the way to go? Still haven't really touched a 3DS yet but I'm thinking of buying one soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty common from him. He already has his article written downplaying it if the Pats win and his article to rip them apart if they lose. That's his schtick.

The man needs to learn to love again. Why they keep him around I could not tell you but I find it sad he has so much hate in his heart.

dkeane

So if I'm not like baby hands up above, is the XL the way to go? Still haven't really touched a 3DS yet but I'm thinking of buying one soon.
After switching to the XL I can't imagine using that original small piece of garbage again. No reason for the small version to exist.

GO PATS.

Top Bottom