• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Bowser

Who'd he have the patriots taking

31. Sammie Coates
COLLEGE: Auburn Class: Jr HT: 6-2 WT: 200 POS: WR

Analysis: Arguably the best athlete in all of college football, Coates isn't huge at 6-foot-1 and a little more 200 pounds, but he's a guy who can run in the 4.3 range in the 40, is exceptionally strong for his size (it shows on contested catches) and is a player who can create big plays out of very little. He averaged more than 21 yards per catch in 2014 and is the kind of player whom safeties have to be wary of. In other words, when he's not making space for himself with the ball in his hands, he can create it for others. The Patriots have the ultimate matchup threat at tight end. And while it's not their style to look here, they could use one at wide receiver.

bionic77

How good is your wife's fried chicken? I have to try and make me some.

The other say in class, this girl pulled fried chicken out while the professor was lecturing and just stayed eating. I was like what the fuck? I'm kind of craving some now though.
It's fucking amazing.

No matter how much she makes me and the kids always finish it.

Watch the good eats episode on fried chicken. We have our own fryer but that is optional. In general you should probably watch all of the good eats and fashion your cooking after that. You owe it to your stomach and taste buds.

DMczaf

Free agent combine?

So teams colluded to save money by having all free agents go to one spot to do workouts instead of at their practice facilities?

Carny ass league.

Bessy67

So what do you guys think Cardale Jones should do? I almost think he should just go pro now since if he doesn't transfer and sit out a year there's no guarantee he'll even start again in college.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So what do you guys think Cardale Jones should do? I almost think he should just go pro now since if he doesn't transfer and sit out a year there's no guarantee he'll even start again in college.

If he transfers he has to sit a year. Why not sit a year and get paid to do it?

Bessy67

If he transfers he has to sit a year. Why not sit a year and get paid to do it?
I'm of that mindset too. I was just watching some guys talking about it on ESPN and they're saying it would be a bad thing for him to come out, but the way I see it he's going to be sitting on a bench next year no matter what he does. He can either sit on the Ohio State bench and hope someone in front of him gets injured, he can sit while waiting a year to transfer to another college where he'll be the starter, or he can sit on a NFL team's bench while getting paid and learning an NFL offense.

Wait to see if the other guys transfer.
He can't wait. The deadline to declare for the draft is today.

zychi

Banned
I'm of that mindset too. I was just watching some guys talking about it on ESPN and they're saying it would be a bad thing for him to come out, but the way I see it he's going to be sitting on a bench next year no matter what he does. He can either sit on the Ohio State bench and hope someone in front of him gets injured, he can sit while waiting a year to transfer to another college where he'll be the starter, or he can sit on a NFL team's bench while getting paid and learning an NFL offense.

He can't wait. The deadline to declare for the draft is today.

Then he needs to talk to Urban, and Urban needs to tell him if he'll start. If he isn't starting. Go Pro. No point in trying to win a second meaningless NCAA championship when it will be nullified in a few years.

zychi

Banned
lol at naughty dog saying they might not do 60 fps for uncharted 4. if they can't do it, then no one can. what a meh console generation

Bessy67

lol at naughty dog saying they might not do 60 fps for uncharted 4. if they can't do it, then no one can. what a meh console generation
Eh, I don't get all the hullabaloo about 60fps anyways, especially in games like Uncharted. Give me a stable 30 with shiny graphics and I'm good.

Pro

Considering the Packer's loss to Seattle in Week 1, it would be INCREDIBLY sweet to win the rematch in the post season that actually matters. Like nobody gives a crap about Week 1 Cheathawkes.

I used to work for a company that provided a service to do mock fantasy drafts. I think that's worse!

Sounds terrible. See in the old days these mock drafts guy were talking out of their ass but the great thing was they had no influence on what was going to happen in the real drafts. Now things have changed they are still talking out of their ass, but they do have a small influence on what's going to happen. These mock drafts experts are the reason Terry Bridgewater who went from being #1 QB to being the last pick in the first round behind fucking JFF.

All these "experts" do is go to GM or people close to the GM and ask them how they feel about X player. Then they repeat it on air, but they have no clue if those people are giving them real info or wrong info for whatever motive.

Completely pointless.....

Considering the Packer's loss to Seattle in Week 1, it would be INCREDIBLY sweet to win the rematch in the post season that actually matters. Like nobody gives a crap about Week 1 Cheathawkes.

Who are you?

zychi

Banned
FH2 is an open world racing game. You're just being ridiculous. If you want almost guaranteed 60 fps, play on the PC.

I do. But Naughty Dog said all their games this gen will be 60fps. They are the masters of taking every ounce out of a console. It's sad that Sony and MS went the cheap route and didn't try to push the limits of the hardware

TheFatOne

FH2 is an open world racing game. You're just being ridiculous. If you want almost guaranteed 60 fps, play on the PC.

This is the only correct answer. Once I switched o a PC pretty much all of my annoyances with video games ended. More people should go with a PC, and a console or two if they can. The one issue for me is that after playing Dark Souls in 60fps Bloodbornes combat won't quite be the same. Will still love the hell out of that game though.

I do. But Naughty Dog said all their games this gen will be 60fps. They are the masters of taking every ounce out of a console. It's sad that Sony and MS went the cheap route and didn't try to push the limits of the hardware

Again buy a PC. There was simply no way in hell sony was about to do another 600$ video game machine. Just was not happening. Look at how MS was doing at 499$. No way they were going to take massive losses at 399$ either.

Dragon

Banned

Where did they say all their games would be 60 fps? I mean it sucks to be disappointed by things but c'mon. Targeting 60 fps isn't the same thing and I thought that's what they said.

zychi

Banned
Where did they say all their games would be 60 fps? I mean it sucks to be disappointed by things but c'mon. Targeting 60 fps isn't the same thing and I thought that's what they said.

All three PS3 Uncharted titles ran at 30fps. However, hopes that the upcoming PS4 release would run at 60fps were raised after community strategist Arne Meyer revealed that Naughty Dog would be targeting 1080p/60fps "with anything we're doing on this generation".
I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm just disappointed that they're already making excuses about why they can't do 60fps. People on this board complain about it like it's going out of style. I'm still buying Uncharted 4, I just wish it was on hardware that could maximize what it should be.

Where did they say all their games would be 60 fps?
They never did. They said they are aiming for their future titles to be 1080p/60fps after having accomplished that goal with Last of Us and enjoying the results but "aiming" for 60fps isn't making a blanket promise to anyone.

I've never had an issue with playing the Uncharted series at a locked 30fps. I won't have an issue doing the same with Uncharted 4. /shrug

after community strategist Arne Meyer revealed that Naughty Dog would be targeting 1080p/60fps "with anything we're doing on this generation".

It even says it in the quote.

zychi

Banned
Thanks for the quotation. It says targeting. I stand by what I typed!

Naughty Dog had previously indicated that they are planning to go for 1080p / 60FPS for all the games that they are making for 8th generation, but at least this should be a guarantee that they won’t be pushing the limits if it isn’t possible.

Dragon

Banned
They never did. They said they are aiming for their future titles to be 1080p/60fps after having accomplished that goal with Last of Us and enjoying the results but "aiming" for 60fps isn't making a blanket promise to anyone.

I've never had an issue with playing the Uncharted series at a locked 30fps. I won't have an issue doing the same with Uncharted 4. /shrug

Thanks I thought I was taking crazy pills.

Just give me 240p @ 360fps and I'll be happy.

Just give me another SB and I'll be happy!

Bessy67

I hereby declare for the NFL draft! Come and get me boys!

Mr.-Irrelevant1.jpg

I tried to find a Patriots one but this is the best I could do...

Top Bottom