• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Spinluck

It's simple: make Nate Solder whiff on a block and sack Brady, throw at Brandon Browner for your DPIs and Logan Ryan for your long completions, trick Pat Chung with play action and watch the TDs pile up, destroy the interior of the line with pressure, and blow out Gronk's knee. Easy recipe that has been their downfall every playoff game the past couple years.

I don't think it has much baring on this game but Gronk caught 4 passes last game and really killed us on one of them. Game wasn't competitive at that point though, is 4 low for him?

Konka

Banned
Konka!!!!!

Hello friend. Sorry that whole restoration of the roar thing didn't work out.

Maybe Milana will cheer everyone up?

the_beautiful_milana_vayntrub-18415.gif

bionic77

What are the keys for a Colts win Sunday?
Sack Brady early and force a bad INT or fumble to get him a little gun shy. Double Gronk and dare Brady to beat you deep. If he beats you then you are dogshit and don't deserve to be an NFL franchise. Most importantly after hitting Brady is stop the run. Don't Grey or Blount run wild on your defense. If that happens then the Colts are fucked and you may as well just quit this thread and go to the offseason thread at that point.

On the other side of the ball they need some minimal success running the ball. Have to protect Luck and 2nd and a 3rd receivers need to win some matchups. It can't just be Hilton all day.

Luck has to his awesome self and avoid any bad INTs.

Lastly don't give it away. The Pats have a knack for staying in games they should be getting blown out in and they will always take a gift victory if offered (having much practice from their competition in the AFC East). If you have the lead you had to knock them the fuck out and play the full 60 minutes.

God speed to the colts and their caveman quarterback.

All of America is with you.

Sack Brady early and force a bad INT or fumble to get him a little gun shy. Double Gronk and dare Brady to beat you deep. If he beats you then you are dogshit and don't deserve to be an NFL franchise. Most importantly after hitting Brady is stop the run. Don't Grey or Blount run wild on your defense. If that happens then the Colts are fucked and you may as well just quit this thread and go to the offseason thread at that point.

On the other side of the ball they need some minimal success running the ball. Have to protect Luck and 2nd and a 3rd receivers need to win some matchups. It can't just be Hilton all day.

Lastly don't give it away. The Pats have a knack for staying in games they should be getting blown out in and they will always take a gift victory if offered (having much practice from their competition in the AFC East). If you have the lead you had to knock them the fuck out and play the full 60 minutes.

And all of Canada is with the Patriots!

NFL.com reports that merchandise sales and fan engagement surveys show that the New England Patriots are the most popular team in Canada and QB Tom Brady is the favourite player.

Colasante

Daniel Jeremiah mocks RB Todd Gurley to the Patriots in the 1st round. His first mock of the year, always a little different than other analysts because he's more in tune with scouts. I've been saying the Patriots should draft Gurley for two years now. I'd love it if they did, injury and all.

TheFatOne

Daniel Jeremiah mocks RB Todd Gurley to the Patriots in the 1st round. His first mock of the year, always a little different than other analysts because he's more in tune with scouts. I've been saying the Patriots should draft Gurley for two years now. I'd love it if they did, injury and all.

Hell fucking no. I want nothing to do with a RB in the first round when there are other glaring weaknesses that the Pats need to address. Would be pretty pissed if the Pats drafted a RB in the first. Waste of a pick.

Colasante

Hell fucking no. I want nothing to do with a RB in the first round when there are other glaring weaknesses that the Pats need to address. Would be pretty pissed if the Pats drafted a RB in the first. Waste of a pick.

Would it be a waste of a pick if he went on to become the next Marshawn Lynch? I don't think the Patriots have many glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed with their 1st round pick. If there's a stud DT, WR, or OG there, they need to pounce, but when you get to the end of the 1st, if you can get someone like Gurley with top 5 talent, I advocate taking him.

Imagine rolling three deep with this guy, Blount, and Gray next season.

gurley.gif

Arc

Would it be a waste of a pick if he went on to become the next Marshawn Lynch? I don't think the Patriots have many glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed with their 1st round pick. If there's a stud DT, WR, or OG there, they need to pounce, but when you get to the end of the 1st, if you can get someone like Gurley with top 5 talent, I advocate taking him.

gurley.gif

They extended Bolden and have Blount locked up next year as well. They would never keep Gray on top of that if they drafted a kid that high.

Mindlog

Was the tip "shake it in two bowls?"
Yup.
Or a jar depending on how much I have to do. Massive convenience when preparing a large batch of sauce. Even for the little stuff it helps, but when going through 10 bulbs in a single sitting it used to be pretty tedious.

I"m watching a dumb, but smart enough to take people's money blonde, dance on twitch to Just Dance. She's too cheap(or smart) to buy the actual game so she loads up a youtube video and dances to it. Meanwhile losers keep donating her money to get her to buy the actual game.

MURICA

You were one of those loser too. Be honest.

Spinluck

We have Jones back, he should help against the run.

Pressuring Brady without a talented pass rusher will be tricky. So we will need to cover well while Jones and Redding collapse the middle of the pocket.

I think if we force them into a lot of 3rd and longs then we're golden. We should press the widewouts and have Landry/Freeman physically assault Gronk at the line all game (along with double team).

If Boom can manage about 3 ypc and avoid fumbles we should be good. The receivers need to steep up huge. Fleener has to be physical, I know he doesn't like getting his hair dirty but this is the AFCC, no time to be a pussy. Nicks has made some plays this postseason but he needs to turn into Giants vs Pats Nicks. Wayne is old and broken and we keep him out there for run blocks ;__;. Hilton has to step up even if matched up on Revis, I expect Moncrief and Allen to have big games.

Gonna be tough, and I'm not expecting any miracles!

Kiryu

Gotta love Vernon Davis hit.

I remember that KAM #3 hit on brown game was when Richard Sherman first replaced injured Walter Thurmond (He officially started on Bengal game then Legion of Boom created.) but god that score... 3-6.

I preordered a N3DS from Gamestop today friends.
What edition?

I am getting Majora Mask Edition "New" 3DS! It's still strange that no MM game pre-installed in MM N3DS NA edition compare to EU edition that does have pre-installed MM game. :?

We have Jones back, he should help against the run.

Pressuring Brady without a talented pass rusher will be tricky. So we will need to cover well while Jones and Redding collapse the middle of the pocket.

I think if we force them into a lot of 3rd and longs then we're golden. We should press the widewouts and have Landry/Freeman physically assault Gronk at the line all game (along with double team).

If Boom can manage about 3 ypc and avoid fumbles we should be good. The receivers need to steep up huge. Fleener has to be physical, I know he doesn't like getting his hair dirty but this is the AFCC, no time to be a pussy. Nicks has made some plays this postseason but he needs to turn into Giants vs Pats Nicks. Wayne is old and broken and we keep him out there for run blocks ;__;. Hilton has to step up even if matched up on Revis, I expect Moncrief and Allen to have big games.

Gonna be tough, and I'm not expecting any miracles!

Take it easy on Wayne. That's Mr. 3rd down. Best I've ever seen in those situations. Never count the old man out. Wayne still has great hands and if Luck finds the opportunity, he'll take it.

Gotta love Vernon Davis hit.

I remember that KAM #3 hit on brown game was when Richard Sherman first replaced injured Walter Thurmond (He officially started on Bengal game then Legion of Boom created.) but god that score... 3-6.

Easily the most depressing game I have ever watched. I would never wish that on anyone.

TheFatOne

Take it easy on Wayne. That's Mr. 3rd down. Best I've ever seen in those situations. Never can't the old man out. Wayne still has great hands and if Luck finds the opportunity, he'll take it.

If Wayne is taking another visit to Revis island like he did in the first game he isn't doing shit. Think the Pats are going to use Arrington on TY again with McCourty over the top. He did a damn fine job the first time around.

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sold over 1.7 million physical and digital units and 1.3 million physical and digital units, respectively, in 2014.

Total sales of amiibo figures in 2014 are nearly twice the sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

I remember arguing with a few folks in this thread who swore amiibo's wouldn't sell.;)

Spinluck

Take it easy on Wayne. That's Mr. 3rd down. Best I've ever seen in those situations. Never can't the old man out. Wayne still has great hands and if Luck finds the opportunity, he'll take it.

:lol

I love me some future HoF Reggie Wayne. But he hasn't had the impact he could be having if he was a bit healthier (and 2-3 years younger!). He hasn't been getting separation and looks really slow off the line sometimes. He only has one catch this post season, and yes it was an awesome 3rd down throw and catch. Other than that he hasn't had much targets. I don't see him having a big game in his current state even though I'd love for it to happen. Being 36 with torn tricep and groin injury will do that to you...

If only Luck didn't kill his leg with that throw last year ;__;

TheFatOne

I wonder if the Pats will try to put Logan Ryan on Wayne early. If Ryan can handle Wayne then Revis could cover Moncreif, and Arrington with McCourty can cover TY. They would effectively shut down two options for the Colts. You could also put Revis on either of the Colts TEs in key third down plays as well. Going to be really interesting to see how the Pats use their corners in this game.

MRSA

Banned
What edition?

I am getting Majora Mask Edition "New" 3DS! It's still strange that no MM game pre-installed in MM N3DS NA edition compare to EU edition that does have pre-installed MM game. :?

Black is right, I don't like those special edition shits. Nintendo of America apparently is like snes, hates people so they cheap out on everything.

I wonder if the Pats will try to put Logan Ryan on Wayne early. If Ryan can handle Wayne then Revis could cover Moncreif, and Arrington with McCourty can cover TY. They would effectively shut down two options for the Colts. You could also put Revis on either of the Colts TEs in key third down plays as well. Going to be really interesting to see how the Pats use their corners in this game.
Ryan did a pretty good job on T Smith last week. Basically shut him out after Browner went out.

gurley.gif

Show me a gif where he's running between the tackles and not a terribly set edge and maybe i'll be impressed.

Narag

How is Trent Richardson approaching this week's AFC Championship Game?

"Like I'm going to be the starter," said the Indianapolis Colts recently benched running back. "Because that's just me."

But Richardson won't be the starter – that job belongs to Boom Herron now – and Richardson, the former No. 3 overall pick and college All-American, is left splitting his practice time between fourth-string running back reps and a spot on special teams.

Yes, it's gotten that bad for him.

The much-maligned rusher was surprisingly inactive for Sunday's 24-13 divisional playoff win over the Denver Broncos. Richardson spoke Thursday for the first time since he was benched in favor of Michael Hill – a former practice squad running back who had signed with the team five days earlier.

"That situation will never happen to me again," he said of being inactive. "Anybody can quote me, today, because it's never going to happen again."

Bad news, Trent: It could again Sunday

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...son-its-never-going-to-happen-again/21820391/

Spinluck

I think Revis guards TY and Arrington on Moncrief.

You guys should try Browner on TY, I'd be down with that!

Top Bottom