• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

oneHeero

When Jermemy Parnell's helmet was ripped off that was a 3rd and 10 that Dez Bryant converted because Levy couldn't make the tackle, say he did and they missed the call that would have affected the outcome of the game. The play before the 4th and 6, if the holding on Jason Witten was called it would have been an automatic first down and the drive would have continued. The difference between the Lions and the Cowboys in that case was that the Cowboys went for it and converted while Detroit punted.

Point is those missed calls had the potential of changing the game, but the Cowboys didn't allow that to happen.
People will always play the what if game. Truth be told, the cowboys have always been on the worse side of calls, for years. This is the first year we can see them play through the calls and not collapse. So I wouldn't have bitched about what if this and what if that based off flags cuz we don't know what would have happened the next play, we just go based off the scenario that fits our agenda best.

Cowboys move onto the next round. I'm happy, tired of kas thinking they were awesome than basing the loss on calls that did and didn't happen.

Sanjuro

So apparently Goofy's voice actor is claiming that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out this year. I don't believe it at all.

There aren't many games I'd completely shun. When I ran the game store, I had no idea the appeal of this game, or why people went nuts over it. Felt like a quick cash in.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
People will always play the what if game. Truth be told, the cowboys have always been on the worse side of calls, for years. This is the first year we can see them play through the calls and not collapse. So I wouldn't have bitched about what if this and what if that based off flags cuz we don't know what would have happened the next play, we just go based off the scenario that fits our agenda best.

Cowboys move onto the next round. I'm happy, tired of kas thinking they were awesome than basing the loss on calls that did and didn't happen.

Exactly, can't wait for the game on Sunday, don't know how we will do, but I just want them to play a sound game.

Hopefully Rodgers calf is ok on Sunday.

Was listening to the radio show and I still don't know what to think.

I dunno why, but I'm getting a feeling it's a little worse than the information they're putting out. It just seems that they don't have a clear indication of how much it's gonna affect him. Maybe they just don't want to give too much info to the Cowboys.

bionic77

Hopefully Rodgers calf is ok on Sunday.

Was listening to the radio show and I still don't know what to think.
If he is not limping and plays well he is a drama queen bitch.

If he is hurt and plays poorly and the Cowboys win than he is a me first fragile ballerina.

Sports are the best!

If he is hurt and plays poorly and the Cowboys win than he is a me first fragile ballerina.

Sports are the best!

I think you're thinking of Jay Cutler. Rodgers already has the stats/rings that the media is going to give him the benefit of the doubt no matter what he does.

BigAT

Was there an Onion article entitled something along the lines of "Lions Declared First Team in NFL History to Have Bad Call Go Against Them"? Because it certainly feels that way.

Exactly, can't wait for the game on Sunday, don't know how we will do, but I just want them to play a sound game.

Cowboys can't afford to start out as slow as they did against the Lions. Won't catch Rodgers and co. if they have a two score lead. Romo especially shit at the beginning of games. His career passer rating in the first quarter is 83.8. Every other quarter and overtime is 100+. And it's usually because Garrett has a shit gameplan and we always have to adjust throughout the game.

bionic77

I think you're thinking of Jay Cutler. Rodgers already has the stats/rings that the media is going to give him the benefit of the doubt no matter what he does.
:lol

You clearly don't know how sports media works.

Rodgers has a shit home record. Instead of looking at it game to game the sports journalists will have to craft a narrative to explain the scoreboard.

That's how it works brah!

:lol

You clearly don't know how sports media works.

Rodgers has a shit home record. Instead of looking at it game to game the sports journalists will have to craft a narrative to explain the scoreboard.

That's how it works brah!

Maybe for L.A, NY, Chicago, etc.. but not smaller areas. Russell Wilson can go out have the worst game of his life, and we lose the Panthers and the story in Seattle will be "Russell had a bad day, it happens to everyone #GoHawks2015-2016."

bionic77

Maybe for L.A, NY, Chicago, etc.. but not smaller areas. Russell Wilson can go out have the worst game of his life, and we lose the Panthers and the story in Seattle will be "Russell had a bad day, it happens to everyone #GoHawks2015-2016."
Yeah you are probably right.

I remeber your small town media was very responsible after they lost the SB in 2005.

Oh wait...

Cowboys can't afford to start out as slow as they did against the Lions. Won't catch Rodgers and co. if they have a two score lead. Romo especially shit at the beginning of games. His career passer rating in the first quarter is 83.8. Every other quarter and overtime is 100+. And it's usually because Garrett has a shit gameplan and we always have to adjust throughout the game.

Yup, we definitely can't start off slow, if we go down like we did against Detroit and the Rams, then I don't see how we could come back. The way I see it is Aaron Rodgers will score on almost every drive, so the Cowboys need to do the same. The Packers score just under 40 points average at Lambeau, Cowboys need to keep up.

Yup, we definitely can't start off slow, if we go down like we did against Detroit and the Rams, then I don't see how we could come back. The way I see it is Aaron Rodgers will score on almost every drive, so the Cowboys need to do the same. The Packers score just under 40 points average at Lambeau, Cowboys need to keep up.

Well if our offense is clicking then Packers simply won't have enough time to score 40+ points. We'd chew too much time up with our running game for that to happen. But I do agree that there's no way we win this game without putting up 30+ points.

bionic77

Well if our offense is clicking then Packers simply won't have enough time to score 40+ points. We'd chew too much time up with our running game for that to happen. But I do agree that there's no way we win this game without putting up 30+ points.
Cowboys have to chew up time AND score TDs and get at least one lucky TO.

Fields goals will result in a loss even if they can move it on the ground.

Yeah you are probably right.

I remeber your small town media was very responsible after they lost the SB in 2005.

Oh wait...

Exactly my point after we lost the SB our hometown media went to town on the NFL, and refs. They didn't blame Shaun or Matt, they blame the refs.

And to this day they still do. The love for Russell in this city is on a level I have never seen.

I live through Griffery, A-Rod, Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, Shaun Alexander, Matt Glass, Trufant, Cortez Kennedy, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, even the early years of Durant.

Russell surpass all of them by a mile. I swear to you if we lose our media is going to blame the refs, the NFL, the fucking weather, maybe even GOD before Russell. I don't know how it is with Rodgers in GB, but I can assure you in Seattle Russell can get the VIP table over fucking Obama.

Cowboys have to chew up time AND score TDs and get at least one lucky TO.

Fields goals will result in a loss even if they can move it on the ground.

Thankfully our awful defense is somehow the best in the league at creating turnovers. Too bad Rodgers never throws picks. Maybe some fumbles in the cold weather though.

oneHeero

Sports are the best!
I hope he's fine! I don't need a limping Rodgers clownin on the cowboys, I rather him be as close to 100% as possible so the loss hurts a lil less!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Was there an Onion article entitled something along the lines of "Lions Declared First Team in NFL History to Have Bad Call Go Against Them"? Because it certainly feels that way.

My favorite part is how all the missed calls against the Lions are ignored.

I think the discussion about the Patriots potentially cheating their way to three fake Super Bowl wins has far more merit and purpose than anything concerning some bullshit wild card game that no one is going to give two shits about in a few days.

bionic77

I think the discussion about the Patriots potentially cheating their way to three fake Super Bowl wins has far more merit and purpose than anything concerning some bullshit wild card game that no one is going to give two shits about in a few days.
If we are talking about the refs fucking over a team really no one can complain as loud as the Raiders.

If the tuck rule happened to my team I honestly might have to step away from football for a few years.

The Lions bitching about the calls is just the easy way out. It lets them forget that their team choked that game away.

Nothing potential about it, friend!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

There has never been a call like the pass interference call that was inexplicably taken away with no reason or as if no foul was commited.

The Cowboys vs. Lions 2015 Playoff game won't be remembered by the Cowboys winning the game or the Lions losing the game it'll be remembered by that call.

Restore the Roar.

brentech

There has never been a call like the pass interference call that was inexplicably taken away with no reason or as if no foul was commited.

The Cowboys vs. Lions 2015 Playoff game won't be remembered by the Cowboys winning the game or the Lions losing the game it'll be remembered by that call.

Restore the Roar.
It won't be remembered for the Lions playing well, I sure as hell know that.

Tamanon

Banned

Restore the Roar.

I doubt it'll even be remembered.

Top Bottom