• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

JNA

Banned
No not really, maybe he was just having one of those days. Nate is Nate though. I've seen him shoot the shit with strangers at gas stations next to the park.

I can definitely believe that! Sounds like something he would do. XD

Wished my Lakers would have got him years ago. The guy can score big when he's on.

bionic77

I feel so shitty sometimes already and I'm in my early 20s lol. I'm 6'4 but can only dunk with a tennis ball. My hands are about above average but my vertical is shit and I can't get a good grip on the ball sometimes.

But then I think "well hey, Zach Randolph is 6'9 and he can't dunk either" so there is that. XD
Dunking is not for everyone bro.

I am 6'2" and could only ever dunk a volleyball.

Could never control a basketball properly one handed to throw it down and never had the vert to dunk 2 handed.

brentech

So, while the game is still going on, and there is definitely a real chance to still win a playoff game, instead of studying and getting ready for the next series and slam it down Dallas's throat......Stafford goes to the refs and complains?

It's dumb that it got picked up after so long. I get it. Point taken.
But you have to continue to play the game. You can't just give up and waste time talking/thinking about something that is done and over with. He should be huddling his guys together for a real drive instead of badgering refs mid game.

I guess getting the win over the ref was more important.

JNA

Banned
Dunking is not for everyone bro.

I am 6'2" and could only ever dunk a volleyball.

Could never control a basketball properly one handed to throw it down and never had the vert to dunk 2 handed.

The rim is also pretty hard and it hurt my hands a couple of times. How the hell do the pros constantly throw it down all the time and feel nothing with their hands? It really stings sometimes lol.

Anybody can dunk if they train hard enough for it.

Anybody above a certain height.

True. I mean if I actually did training on my vertical I could do it.

Football was enough training for me though lol.

bionic77

Anybody can dunk if they train hard enough for it.

Anybody above a certain height.
Yeah that is true.

Speaking of dunks I was playing a pickup game at my regular weekend spot and this dude took off from like a foot inside the FT throw line and threw it down on a fast break. And before GAFers ask, no it was not Greg. It was a skinny black dude who was ridiculously athletic.

I was trying to catch up on the play and I am glad I could not because I would have had to have quit basketball if he dunked like that over me.

cdyhybrid

The rim is also pretty hard and it hurt my hands a couple of times. How the hell do the pros constantly throw it down all the time and feel nothing with their hands? It really stings sometimes lol.

True. I mean if I actually did training on my vertical I could do it.

Football was enough training for me though lol.

Being able to perform a true dunk with a basketball gives you an adamantium skeleton.

Just ask Greg.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah that is true.

Speaking of dunks I was playing a pickup game at my regular weekend spot and this dude took off from like a foot inside the FT throw line and threw it down on a fast break. And before GAFers ask, no it was not Greg. It was a skinny black dude who was ridiculously athletic.

I was trying to catch up on the play and I am glad I could not because I would have had to have quit basketball if he dunked like that over me.

Obviously not Greg. Unless it was the opposite free throw line.

Chris. B. Brown has a new article up. It details McCarthy and his effort to try and meld his principles with Walsh's West-Coast offense. Great read.

Excerpt:

I found this part interesting.

You see quarterbacks that don't really emphasize these nuances, and it explains why they are so inconsistent with their play.
Thanks for posting this, btw. Good article. Brown's stuff usually is, though.

Bread

Banned
shhh when he leaves you can comeout of hiding
YTcLa9t.gif

Hey don't be hating on anything from Always Sunny. Even naked Danny Devito.
always sunny fans where you at!

JNA

Banned
Yeah that is true.

...Was it Gata?

Being able to perform a true dunk with a basketball gives you an adamantium skeleton.

Just ask Greg.

latest

I always chose that perk in Fallout 3. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah that is true.

It's okay bionic, everyone gets dunked on at least once if they've played long enough.

bionic77

...Was it Gata?

latest

I always chose that perk in Fallout 3. :D
I said he almost dunked form the FT line. I did not say that the guy started dry humping a large breasted girl in a yoga classes while muttering something about titties.

And Greg can't dunk. Dude doesn't even drink coffee! Its all a lie!

Time to sleep. Fuck another long ass day tomorrow.

JNA

Banned
I said he almost dunked form the FT line. I did not say that the guy started dry humping a large breasted girl in a yoga classes while muttering something about titties.

And Greg can't dunk. Dude doesn't even drink coffee! Its all a lie!

Time to sleep. Fuck another long ass day tomorrow.

So it was probably Kave. He is a Cat after all. :p

Sleep tight yo.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-crabtree-boldin-tied-ninth-most-drops-nfl?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Great articLAWL

Between Kaepernick's top-three receivers, there were at least 19 balls that should have been caught.

Kap finished with a completion percentage of 60.5. Without the 19 drops, the 49ers quarterback's completion percentage in 2014 would have been a career-high 64.4.

So if you take away most of the 49ers drops he is 11th in completion % and still behind Alex Smith who's team had the highest drop %

The best you can say about Kaep in 2014 is the 49ers managed to score more than Singletary's send off in 2010. 1 more point.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-crabtree-boldin-tied-ninth-most-drops-nfl?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Great articLAWL

So if you take away most of the 49ers drops he is 11th in completion % and still behind Alex Smith who's team had the highest drop %

The best you can say about Kaep in 2014 is the 49ers managed to score more than Singletary's send off in 2010. 1 more point.

i don't know if kap can ever be "fixed" to be an elite QB but i do know that he can be put in better positions to succeed. i hope our new coach does that because it looked like roman or harbaugh or whoever was calling the shots was asking too much of him too soon. maybe andrew luck or another youngster could do it but not kap.

i'm hopeful that he will pick some things up from Warner but there are things warner had that you just don't teach. the anticipation, the accuracy, the vision.... i'm not sure it can be taught but i will say warner was HOF level with the rams and cards but inbetween that with the giants he looked washed up. this gives me hope that maybe kap can improve enough and be put in the right situation to win us a superbowl

i don't know if kap can ever be "fixed" to be an elite QB but i do know that he can be put in better positions to succeed. i hope our new coach does that because it looked like roman or harbaugh or whoever was calling the shots was asking too much of him too soon. maybe andrew luck or another youngster could do it but not kap.

i'm hopeful that he will pick some things up from Warner but there are things warner had that you just don't teach. the anticipation, the accuracy, the vision.... i'm not sure it can be taught but i will say warner was HOF level with the rams and cards but inbetween that with the giants he looked washed up. this gives me hope that maybe kap can improve enough and be put in the right situation to win us a superbowl

This is it. You can win with him but will he be more than on the fringe of top 10 QB? I doubt it.
A young QB is only so mold-able. And he's not so young and novice anymore.
The hope has to be on Harbaugh and co not being the miracle workers the dumbed down analysis from dummies on TV lead people to believe.

Gobias

Banned
Love it's always sunny, but parks and rec is that for me. I've seen a lot of Arressted development too.

Probably my 3 most watched sitcoms ever except for maybe Seinfeld, but that's just because it's on all the time.

I want to be Adam Scott when I grow up

I joke about Jimmy, but he is my real man crush.

I would definitely fuck Adam Scott. Few things make me laugh as much as UTU2TM?

Top Bottom